EA Forums - Banner

how necessary is it?

Prev1
Improves your star rating by visiting and tapping in neighbours towns. Plus when the events kick in such as whacking day having friends helps speed up collecting what you need. I.e. snakes during whacking day

Replies

• jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    For times if WD when u needed friends for laying eggs, upping ur xp and cash as u visit. I have around 50 and they bring me up about a 1000 cp or more cash idk bad at math. And to enjoy they're towns.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    you will want lots of friends during events.
    would have almost been impossible to complete whacking day without 100 friends unless you want to spend donuts
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    For times if WD when u needed friends for laying eggs, upping ur xp and cash as u visit. I have around 50 and they bring me up about a 1000 cp or more cash idk bad at math. And to enjoy they're towns.

You are going to need them when they have events like Halloween, Christmas, Valentina's Day, and Wacking Day. Otherwise you'll miss out on getting certain things in the game. Or you can get them, but your really going to be struggling to do it.

And like Jennifer said, you have neighbors and when you visit them, you get to see what they have done in their towns. Some inspire me, some awe me! :D

Hey Jennifer! Been enjoying watching your renovations! :D
  • MyNoNoSp0t
    90 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    ok, what's a good number to have? i've heard it can slow the game down if you have too many.

and what's the best way to get quality friends? id prefer quality over quantity.
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    would have almost been impossible to complete whacking day without 100 friends unless you want to spend donuts
    I had 10 during WD and only one left me 12 eggs, I only had the coliseum and sleep lazy left to get when it ended.. Eventually got donuts for them after the fact.
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    MyNoNoSp0t wrote:
    ok, what's a good number to have? i've heard it can slow the game down if you have too many.

and what's the best way to get quality friends? id prefer quality over quantity.
    Make friends on here. Add-me threads just watch to see who accuatly plays.. You could add me.. Pm for details.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    I had 10 during WD and only one left me 12 eggs, I only had the coliseum and sleep lazy left to get when it ended.. Eventually got donuts for them after the fact.

yea true it was extended and because of that i was able to get all the whack boxes as well without spending any donuts.
    i actually got 10 donuts from the whack boxes.
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    indys2nd wrote:

You are going to need them when they have events like Halloween, Christmas, Valentina's Day, and Wacking Day. Otherwise you'll miss out on getting certain things in the game. Or you can get them, but your really going to be struggling to do it.

And like Jennifer said, you have neighbors and when you visit them, you get to see what they have done in their towns. Some inspire me, some awe me! :D

Hey Jennifer! Been enjoying watching your renovations! :D
    Thank you indys there slow but happening, on hold now though.. Lvl 32 I was not ready for..
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

yea true it was extended and because of that i was able to get all the whack boxes as well without spending any donuts.
    Whacked boxes???? What's this u speak of?
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited July 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

beyond the 12,500 snakes (i think) for miss springfield. there was a prize box every 1000 (never got there... so may be wrong) with the chance of winning cash or donuts. most seemed to get cash (lcrappy750)

anyhu, generally that^ details may be wrong
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

really are you serious
    after you got all the whacking day prizes there were 10 whack box bonuses that you got for continuing to collect snakes
    some had $750, $1000, 1 Donut, 2 Donuts and maybe 3 Donuts but i don't remember if 3 was an option or not
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I didn't make it that far I struggled and missed sleep lazy and colosseum when it ended, man I wish I had better friends than or look at ways to get snakes online at that time *smack my forehead*
  • MyNoNoSp0t
    90 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    thanks for the info. i added my gamertag to my post. add me if you want.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I didn't make it that far I struggled and missed sleep lazy and colosseum when it ended, man I wish I had better friends than or look at ways to get snakes online at that time *smack my forehead*

Yes it really helped to have an egg trade buddy

my brother and i just gave eggs back and forth
  • fuzznugget77
    1037 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I now have about 12 friends, 12 is a good number to regularly keep up with daily visits. when a big event comes round there will be plenty of add me threads to quickly make up to 100 if necessary
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I now have about 12 friends, 12 is a good number to regularly keep up with daily visits. when a big event comes round there will be plenty of add me threads to quickly make up to 100 if necessary

Yes i cleaned house after whacking day and got rid of anyone that has an inactive town and also got rid of all house farmers just because i hate that.
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited July 2013

Right now I have almost 70. I like to keep it around that number because that's about how many I can get around to visiting. I'm slowly replacing random friends with people I get to know on this forum.

If you want to do that, always ask by pm if they want to be friends, instead of sending a random friends request. Your more likely to be accepted. Sending random friend requests is sort of frowned upon. I find having friends I know before an event is most helpful. Plus you'll see who's in it for the long haul. Some people on "add me threads" stop playing after awhile. Plus if you know someone is on the forum, you can always pm them with a question or comment.
  • MyNoNoSp0t
    90 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    i only had one friend until now lol. i just spent donuts to get all the stuff before.
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I get rid if house farmers also, and peeps who dnt play 3weeks to a month. I give peeps some time because not everyone has a lot if free time. I'm sure you will find right number if friends for yourself being on here,
  • MyNoNoSp0t
    90 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    indys2nd wrote:

Right now I have almost 70. I like to keep it around that number because that's about how many I can get around to visiting. I'm slowly replacing random friends with people I get to know on this forum.

If you want to do that, always ask by pm if they want to be friends, instead of sending a random friends request. Your more likely to be accepted. Sending random friend requests is sort of frowned upon. I find having friends I know before an event is most helpful. Plus you'll see who's in it for the long haul. Some people on "add me threads" stop playing after awhile. Plus if you know someone is on the forum, you can always pm them with a question or comment.

Thanks for the heads up.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.