EA Forums - Banner

next event should be 4/20

Prev1
jmlgg
182 posts Member
edited March 23
Since we all are quarantined or self isolated, its as good time as any to smoke some pot - or have a TSTO event about it

The new episode (s31 e17) has bunch of new characters and buildings for mar*juana event! Also good way to have new tasks for Otto and Tatum for example..

pzaa0cb8fy7g.jpeg

Plus remember the classic episode where Homer was smoking medical prescription (need burning weed and tires decoration asap)?!

Man, i hope im speaking it into existance

Replies

• Didn't we already have a 4/20 thing?
    DJl8ZSA.png
    Maybe they should bring this back...
  • 420 has been done. However, an episode tie in would be acceptable.
  • vi4FgOm.png
    🤔
  • Didn't we already have a 4/20 thing?
    DJl8ZSA.png
    Maybe they should bring this back...

Ouch.

I don't know if it's too soon, or it hits to close to home.

As for the main topic at hand.

No.

Just no.

My opinion, but yeah....nah, we already had a Mary Jane event, I'm definitely not excited for the possibility of another one, bringing back some of the items from the old event, add some new skins and decos?

Sure why not?

A full blown event (especially with the current template) is just a bummer. A tie in would have already happened, had they planned for one, although it's possible that some items may be released or referenced at some point.

I'm definitely up for a classic event with tappables (not smokables or edibles), and perhaps a superhero event or something nostalgic.

A pot event?

(Besides not being my style....it's already been done)

Been there
    Done that
    Smoked it
    Called it an Uber
  • Well+good would be nice to have
    31rjlh123k7n.jpg
  • KLmaker
    1114 posts Member
    Yeah, probably a bit too soon!!!

An almighty potfest... No.

4/20, is that a 20th of April thing... Definitely no.
  • kylemellev801
    156 posts Member
    edited March 24
    I really don't like the aesthetic of modern Simpsons episodes, everything looks over designed. On top of that the shows aren't very memorable or funny.

Just my opinion but until we've run out of content from classic episodes there is little need to sample from newer seasons. Maybe an item or character here and there but a big event? No thanks.
  • I really don't like the aesthetic of modern Simpsons episodes, everything looks over designed. On top of that the shows aren't very memorable or funny.

Just my opinion but until we've run out of content from classic episodes there is little need to sample from newer seasons. Maybe an item or character here and there but a big event? No thanks.

Slight derail on main topic, but 100% agreed

Computer animation makes things easier sure, but that hand drawn style with all it's flaws (and errors every now and then) had a much better appeal.

Second, I concur with the second point

I'd much rather have an episode with Homer and all his lame family members 340?cb=20120522174959

Than anything we've had recently, this goes for events as well.

However back on topic, EA might have gotten away with it once, but the winter event proved that a large amount of the community will complaining they don't like the event.
    It could happen, but not likely anytime soon.
  • jmlgg
    182 posts Member
    I really don't like the aesthetic of modern Simpsons episodes, everything looks over designed. On top of that the shows aren't very memorable or funny.

Newer episodes are heavily underrated due to nostalgia obsessed fans
  • jmlgg wrote: »

Newer episodes are heavily underrated due to nostalgia obsessed fans

lxaMlx8.gif

You do realize most of the world is in quarantine and can probably watch most of those episodes, as some of us have nothing better to do, right?

I could be learning German, or improving myself mentally, but I'm too lazy, of rather do this.

*Knuckle cracking noises*

Planet of the Apes the Broadway Musical bit is funnier that most episodes today.
    That may be an opinion, but I feel an unnecessary amount of nitpicking in order to prove that point.

You're right, nostalgia obsessed fans do have a lower opinion of new episodes, but new episodes being underrated?

Not likely.

Allow me to use the following episodes to explain:
    S-27 Ep-2 Cue Detective
    S-27 Ep-11 Teenage Mutant milk caused hurdles
    S-28 Ep-15 Kamp Krustier
    S-25 Ep-15 The war of art
    S-30 Ep-18 Bart Vs Itchy and Scratchy
    S-31 Ep-17 Highway to well

I could nitpick every episode from the last ten seasons and demonstrate how unequivocally inferior they are to the original ten seasons, however this should do.

Cue Detective:
    Not a bad episode, but the plot made little sense, steal a grill to force the Simpsons to lose a contest? (He could have let them keep the grill and let them won the contest and the effects would have been the same.)

The real issue was the laziness in the beginning, they used actual footage from the film Dr. Dolittle (not the Eddie Murphy one), now the fact that only Skinner wanted to see it, is reminiscent of the Box Factory episode, but the live action clashes with the animation in this episode. Not a terrible episode, but not memorable either.

Teenage Mutant milk Hurdles.
    Great opening (Laz-Rider couch gag), a decent premise, hormone milk caused early puberty, hilarity ensues. My big issue with this one was Skinner going against Bart, yes Skinner is an adult but this being Bart, Bart should have caused bigger problems.
    Second, Sofia Vergara really didn't fit the character she portrayed. I don't mind when actors play themselves, although the Lady Gaga episode took it to far, but in cases where they play original characters, they need to make them their own.

Danny Devito did an amazing job playing Herbert Powell, it took a while before I realized who it was as a kid, however Sofia Vergara's character just feels like Sofia Vergara.

Kamp Krustier

Don't get me started.
    For starters, the episode Kamp Krusty is practically perfect.
    You have Martin going to Fat Camp, going crazy and eventually eating all the Krusty Brand Gruel that the regular campers didn't want to eat, you have Bart going crazy believing that Krusty will eventually arrive, only to go mad and stage a coup.
    Lisa's journey to get a single letter delivered, them making cheap off brand merchandise during arts and crafts....

The whole episode was amazing.

Then you have it's "Sequel"
    It literally retcons all of it. If you ever saw Addams Family values, where they're sent to camp and threatened with watching only Disney Movies for several hours as punishment, then you have a general idea of what Kamp Krustier is like. Heck even in Addams Family the camp is still pretty horrible, but in this Simpsons episode everything seems normal. All the kids are traumatized, but not because of the camp experience (which once again, is just them apparently not wanting to do things which seemed very child like, Bart would not enjoy it but Lisa who still enjoys the Happy Little Elves would definitely be okay with it) instead the Trauma is caused by the death of a camper.

It's revealed the camper was an informant for Krusty, an adult pretending to be a kid, that was used to prevent campers from running away.

With the episode throwing away a portion of what made the episode great, Bart leading a rebellion, the poor conditions of the camp, and the general chaos, replacing it with.... "Every night they showed us The Parent Trap"... It's pathetic.

The War of art.

Lisa is usually the voice of reason, in this episode she gave in too quickly, the idea that an art forgery making people happy does make a degree of sense.

However hearing those words come from the art forger, who greatly economically profits from said forgeries is not something Lisa (or old Lisa) would have taken sitting down. Yet she folds like a chair, not arguing and accepting those words. In the end though, I really want to punch the smug art forger in the face, his arrogance was simply annoying.

You can make people happy without making a profit, yet the whole point of art forgery is making a huge profit.
    While his words weren't wrong, him saying them made him a huge hypocrite

Bart Vs Itchy and Scratchy
    Rebranding.
    This is popular nowadays, since audience was down Krusty changes Itchy and Scratchy from male to female. Anger ensues.

Honestly I do understand.
    Instead of creating new innovative character for a progressive generation, you take something old and rebrand it, changing what it once was, hoping to draw in new audiences while keeping the old.

Because that "never causes controversy".

The Itchy and Scratchy skit wasn't to amusing, I prefer the over the top Explosions and the wounds that break all rules of logic, that annoying cup thing had been played out, show me something new.

The plot involving Bart and the Feminists was fun, the ending though... Lisa wouldn't last long with them, she doesn't have it in her to be a true rebel.
    A better plot would have been Lisa joining the Feminists, failing to impress, using Bart to vandalize and take credit for his work, eventually leading to the Feminists realizing they have more in common with Bart than Lisa (and vice versa).

Highway to well
    Finally the episode with the pot clinic.

I like episodes where Marge works, when she became a cop, when she became Mr. Burns Secretary, where she sold Real Estate.

However this one is up there right along with Marge pretending to be a drag queen to sell Tupperware. Marge pretends to be something she's not, in order to make money.

The whole idea of making weed seem upperclass, more refined than it truly is, is almost pointless. People have used it in the past for ceremonial, health/medical, or religious purposes.... But let's not kid ourselves on what those without health conditions use it for.

To have Marge sell pot when she's never tried any, when old Marge would have been supremely against it (the episode where Homer uses it for medical purposes comes to mind).... It feels like it's truly come full circle.

Forget the past, we're making things up as we go along.

In the end, I do understand that this animated show has had a long run, it's done most things, it reworks plots, ideas and other Canon histories in order to make it's present story to make sense, but something they almost never flexed on was the characters personalities.

The newer episodes have changed all that, made them seem more hypocritical, less relatable, characters with no real direction or personality outside their tone of voice.

All I can say is this:

"I hate every ape I see, from Chimpan-A to Chimpanze"

Tl/Dr
    Oh-no you didn't, Classic Simpson episodes are the best nostalgia has nothing to do with it, and the new ones aren't underrated, just under-interesting.
  • I hope the next event brings back some Easter content since EA skipped over Valentine's Day and St Patrick's Day this year.
  • KLmaker
    1114 posts Member
    Aah... We're not going to worry about skipping over St. Patrick's Day, a lot of people skip it anyway.
    They'll come too with a sore head with bear bottles strategically placed around them and asking what day it is.
    So you tell them they're late for work, they'll be half way down the street before they realise what day it really is.
    If you can remember it, then you weren't really enjoying it anyway.
  • I hope we get an Easter event but doubt it.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • KLmaker
    1114 posts Member
    It could still happen, we're not there yet.
  • ArmpitAttack
    2353 posts Member
    edited March 30
    If there's an Amazon tie-in event for Easter where i can win Cadbury chocolate eggs in the game and then they're delivered to my house, that'd be something.

And how come a pink sprinkles simpson donut never arrives in the mail? Maybe triggered after our springfields reach a key milestone, or after you purchase donuts.
  • KLmaker
    1114 posts Member
    Cadbury's... Nah, they're American now... Soon be made with a glass and a half of cloned cows milk, (if not already), hazelnuts grown in a petrie dish instead of on a hazel tree in the wind an' rain, and some other Genetically Modified ingredients, just to keep it all balanced.
  • Any chance of another Whacking Day event?
  • camihendo1 wrote: »
    Any chance of another Whacking Day event?

Slim to none. BUT that would but a good event!

When crops start failing due to global climate change you'll be thankful for GMOs. They'll be growing cocoa trees in Canada.
  • KLmaker
    1114 posts Member
    edited April 5
    So you are prepared to have super weeds spreading across the land and choking natural plants, including those that will produce normal food.

Do you really want GM crops and increased use of pesticides that would not be present with normal crops and subsequently killing insects, including pollinators which will reduce the amount of crops grown.

You are not concerned about GM weeds because there is only one weedkiller left that will kill them, even though if there was only one antibiotic left that superbugs were not resistant too that would protect the Human Race from diseases, laboratories would be working like mad to find more alternatives before we run out completely, if not already.

(And I'm not including the current Covid-19 situation either because it is not a superbug, I imagine next year at the earliest there will be a Coronavirus vaccine much like any other vaccine, such as the Flu Jab).

You don't object to to GM pollen being spread for miles, not only damaging other companies products but destroying free trade, because they don't think bees travel far even though other pollinators such as butterflies will travel across countries even continents.

And you really want to induce and digest potential toxins when the long term effects are not only unknown but un-researched and could cause any number of negative effects, considering what these organisms are doing to plants the potential effects on people is... Scary...

...Oh OK then, I just wanted to clarify your position.
    Post edited by KLmaker on
  • Drugs are for losers.