EA Forums - Banner

I have a multiplier of 4461.82x. Is there really any point of that?

Obviously there's a cap on the amount of cash earned for each building and job, otherwise I would be getting millions of dollars each time. As far as XP goes, it's harder to tell because it's difficult to see the screen for one thing, and it also seems to vary at times.

The premium items raising the multiplier aren't so bad, but the hordes of billboards, news vans and other items that infest my Springfield really detract from its asthetics. So what I'm really asking is, can I get rid of them? If there is a cap on cash/XP, what is it?

Replies

• I'm at 2050% and I've started storing stuff, like some of the Heights buildings. There's a cap on total cash at 4,294,967,295 ((2^32)-1) but nothing on what gets paid out. I have more donuts than I'll ever spend now, so I'm focusing on design and don't worry about cash.
  • JJR2112
    374 posts Member
    It’s a percentage multiplier. 100% of $100 is an additional $100. 4400% of $100 is $4400.

I found I could farm all the donuts I need once I hit around 1200% or so (went a little crazy with RTT’s a while back and had to force myself to stop). Everyone should play this game in the way they find most enjoyable but I personally won’t put anything out that I don’t find aesthetically pleasing regardless of multiplier value.
  • Is this going to lead to meaning of life type stuff?
  • Is this going to lead to meaning of life type stuff?
  • ZennGlenn
    1703 posts Member
    ugs13v6vtm1u.png
  • frosted1414
    2083 posts Member
    edited March 27
    JJR2112 wrote: »
    It’s a percentage multiplier. 100% of $100 is an additional $100. 4400% of $100 is $4400.

I found I could farm all the donuts I need once I hit around 1200% or so (went a little crazy with RTT’s a while back and had to force myself to stop). Everyone should play this game in the way they find most enjoyable but I personally won’t put anything out that I don’t find aesthetically pleasing regardless of multiplier value.

tQyC8nM.png
    God be makin' 35 mil a day!
    3.3 donut boxes per RTT
    I stopped at 2500% and am quite happy
    Post edited by frosted1414 on
  • I went to 2700+% and realized I didn’t need it that high to obtain donuts. I’m down to 1300–1400% and have all the donuts I need. I’m on the north side of 300.000.000 IGC, don’t need more. If I want cash I will collect all the revenue. I even put my IRS building away, so I could be picky about what I collect. This is the one thing my OCD seems to ok with.
  • rockyb2006
    694 posts Member
    edited March 28
    I’ve said it before. Once you’re past 1000%, you are golden for obtaining donuts without farming. As you go higher it takes longer and longer to clear your town. The only point in going higher is for the fanfare. Have fun waiting 5 minutes for your town to clear, you 5000 percenters....mwahahahahaha!!
    😉
  • I put between 1500-1800% worth of items in storage to free up item capacity in my town.

Currently on 2000% and max. IGC. I’m near the item limit again so I might throw another 500% in storage.
  • I have about 2000% out and about 5000% stored. Like said above, there’s a point where you’ll need the space more than the % and you’ll start storing stuff. I always laugh when I find stuff hidden that I placed years ago.
  • actually my pursuit is beyond this, while I like to keep my % up (do pay a visit if you can) I am slowly re-designing to make it more fun and joyful. I used to go for high % but then there is really no point. I can get my donuts via normal collection and with the Bart screen come up regularly, I do not really care if I missed a round or two anymore....
  • Lobes06
    63 posts Member
    rockyb2006 wrote: »
    Have fun waiting 5 minutes for your town to clear, you 5000 percenters....mwahahahahaha!!
    😉

I'm at 8696.91% and let me tell you....it takes muuuuuuch longer than 5 minutes.

Keeping it that high until I clear out my mystery box. Have hundreds of items still to buy. I'm taking my time.