EA Forums - Banner

This is NOT an add me thread

Prev1
Indys2nd
1906 posts Member
Indys2nd wrote:
Since I've been more active on the forum lately, I have met a lot of people, added more friends,etc. But it also means, I've been greeting a lot of unsolicited friend requests. I still have room but I like to keep my number around 70 (that's about I can visit in a day). Yeti have added a few. But they just keep coming.

So I know this has been discussed before, but since Tapped Out has increased in popularity and we have a lot of people new to the game I wanted to ask this again since it's been awhile.

So my question is: do ever accept random friend requests (meaning you were not pm'ed in advance)?
I accept it if I know the person. :lol:

Replies

• Epic_Tapper
    1036 posts
    edited July 2013
    If it's one of the regulars i'll accept if it's somebody i don't know i'll denie it
  • sahl908
    989 posts
    edited July 2013
    Not anymore. Trimmed down my neighbourhood to around 25 a month back (now about 40). Deleted most as I got tired of scrolling through 99. Now I can easily visit my neighbours, who are mostly people on here regularly anyway :).
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    If it's one of the regulars i'll accept if it's somebody i don't know i'll denie it

This.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2013
    Hmm you sure this not an add me thread in disguise?? ;)

I don't accept any friend requests without a PM 1st, otherwise it a flat out decline :lol:

If i know the person from here then maybe just maybe i wont decline it
    1wc01R2.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • VinnyDaDon
    141 posts
    edited July 2013
    I accept everyone and delete people who don't play a lot
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2013
    VinnyDaDon wrote:
    I accept everyone and delete people who don't play a lot

tumblr_m6vi8yxysD1r9uyl8o1_500.gif
  • shaunareid
    721 posts
    edited July 2013
    I've been getting a lot more PM's lately asking to be friends which is great! But at the same time I feel a bit guilty about bumping people who have been my neighbour since the beginning but added randomly! :?
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Hmm you sure this not an add me thread in disguise?? ;)

I don't accept any friend requests without a PM 1st, otherwise it a flat out decline :lol:

If i know the person from here then maybe just maybe i wont decline it
    1wc01R2.gif

That's why I put not in all capital letters. :mrgreen:

I really wish people would pm that are lurking. I'm easy going kind of person. Plus, it's nice to be able to say something to your neighbor. I always pm my neighbors if I see they are renovating their town and give them a complement.

• NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2013
    shaunareid wrote:
    I've been getting a lot more PM's lately asking to be friends which is great! But at the same time I feel a bit guilty about bumping people who have been my neighbour since the beginning but added randomly! :?

I have one person on my friends list since Day1 of playing who i have never deleted! The person has never been on here so have no idea who he or she is but how can you delete someone who has been on your friends list from the start....so over a year! lol
  • TwiztidThorn
    2686 posts
    edited July 2013
    At what point does someone become a regular? When I first started playing I accepted anyone just to build up my friend list. Now in a bit more picky. I want people that are actually going to play and that are cool to talk to. I'm glad I came to this forum. Everyone here for the most part seems great and I've gotten a lot of inspiration.
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    shaunareid wrote:

I have one person on my friends list since Day1 of playing who i have never deleted! The person has never been on here so have no idea who he or she is but how can you delete someone who has been on your friends list from the start....so over a year! lol

I keep those ones too. I feel like we started out together in this game even through we've never talked. 8) Some of my level 32 towns, well it's a shame they don't share pics here.
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    At what point does someone become a regular? When I first started playing I accepted anyone just to build up my friend list. Now in a bit more picky. I want people that are actually going to play and that are cool to talk to. I'm glad I came to this forum. Everyone here for the most part seems great and I've gotten a lot of inspiration.

+ 1 and I'm glad I'm on your friend list. :thumbup:
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013

+1. It's great to be able to converse with people and share ideas and suggestions. Especially with the outstanding community we have here.

• NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2013
    Indys2nd wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    shaunareid wrote:

I keep those ones too. I feel like we started out together in this game even through we've never talked. 8)

Thats kinda how i see that neighbour :) He is the only one i have from day1 everyone else is from this forum :)
  • shaunareid
    721 posts
    edited July 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Indys2nd wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    shaunareid wrote:

I keep those ones too. I feel like we started out together in this game even through we've never talked. 8)

Thats kinda how i see that neighbour :) He is the only one i have from day1 everyone else is from this forum :)

I have about 40 / 50 who I've had since the start and never spoken to!
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited July 2013
    shaunareid wrote:
    I have about 40 / 50 who I've had since the start and never spoken to!

wow thats alot :shock:

Apart from that one person everyone on my list is a forum person :)
  • menace1211
    1677 posts
    edited July 2013
    I only accept people that will agree to my monthly rental agreement by signing in blood, and mailing me 3 copies. Then I have a neighborhood meeting every first Tuesday of the month. I review the applications, get wasted on light beer and watch a couple of slasher flicks. Then I notify the lucky winners ( they usually pass out from the excitement). Then notify the losers ( the fun part! ) by telling them what they need to improve in their meaningless little lives to get a gnat's booty of a chance next time. Also, the losers have 6 months before they can try again to impress me. It's not really very complicated!

z8O4RM6.jpg

• DahnnnY1
    653 posts
    edited July 2013
    I accept any invitation I guess that's why I don't have room for anyone right now. In the future when I tidy up my town I may just get regulars as friends
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    menace1211 wrote:
    I only accept people that will agree to my monthly rental agreement by signing in blood, and mailing me 3 copies. Then I have a neighborhood meeting every first Tuesday of the month. I review the applications, get wasted on light beer and watch a couple of slasher flicks. Then I notify the lucky winners ( they usually pass out from the excitement). Then notify the losers ( the fun part! ) by telling them what they need to improve in their meaningless little lives to get a gnat's booty of a chance next time. Also, the losers have 6 months before they can try again to impress me. It's not really very complicated!

z8O4RM6.jpg

I'm glad I am already your neighbor and don't have to go through all that! :lol:

• Epic_Tapper
    1036 posts
    edited July 2013
    Indys2nd wrote:
    menace1211 wrote:

z8O4RM6.jpg

I'm glad I am already your neighbor and don't have to go through all that! :lol:
    +1
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!