EA Forums - Banner

Does this look right?

Looks good!

But I'd move the small hedges to the back where you can't see them, and put the large ones there.

Replies

• mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    The inflatable gorilla and baboons aren't right there, they mess with the 3D effect. Move them somewhere else, I reckon. Maybe to the right of the bench steps along the road?

Maybe not, though, I dunno... :?
  • Shadiest_one
    607 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I have my putts set up the same way minus the gorilla balloon :P
    Oh and I don't have the benches
  • CounterSniper67
    439 posts
    edited July 2013
    Yeah, what they said Jay. Recommend moving the small hedges and the ballon monkey.

Then it should be good to go.
  • SoundpackStud
    417 posts
    edited July 2013
    looks to me like you're 1 row short on the far/back/right-hand side... Doesn't have the pyramid feel. (I base this, of course, on my vast experience with in-game 3D designs Which consists entirely of stacking 2 sets of monkey bars from the lev 32 update on top of one another... :wink: )
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    looks to me like you're 1 row short on the far/back/right-hand side... Doesn't have the pyramid feel. (I base this, of course, on my vast experience with in-game 3D designs Which consists entirely of stacking 2 sets of monkey bars from the lev 32 update on top of one another... :wink: )

*gasp* Right this way, sir! :shock:

:wink::lol:
  • menace1211
    1677 posts
    edited July 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:
    Looks good!

But I'd move the small hedges to the back where you can't see them, and put the large ones there.

Ditto. Only change I'd make.
  • SoundpackStud
    417 posts
    edited July 2013
    mwdalton wrote:

*gasp* Right this way, sir! :shock:

:wink::lol:

Baby steps, MW, baby steps! :D I don't really have enough land to get more creative... yet... (dun dun dunnnnn :twisted: )
  • paulzuk
    407 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm still practicing my 3D hedge work, and I think there's something off with this piece. What do you guys think?

null_zps1b847da9.png

Nice work. Looks like somebody earned a star on their forehead. Sadly, I just used the last star. On myself. And yes, I EARNED it! Anyway, I have cookies. So...

Looks like somebody earned a cookie.

Think I should have opened with that instead. :wink:

Peace.
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. Looks like I still have a long way to go. :lol:

So I got rid of the small hedges where possible and moved the balloons to the outside. Hopefully the 3D effect works now, I'm still not sure though. I really would prefer to keep the balloons incorporated into it somehow because I really don't know where else to put them seeing as I am without Santa's Village, and I refuse to store them.

null_zpsce1d2f69.png

For the theatre I've also tried to construct a makeshift ticket booth. I just realised there's probably no point to it, I forgot there's one already out the front of the Aztec. :P
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited July 2013
    I think that looks great. I like the balloons on both sides, but I didn't think they looked bad in the first pic.

I've got those balloons all over, KrustyLu, Aztec, Sprawl*Mart, and Santas Village, and I've seen a few people make them work good with Squidport too, but I definitely like them best at SPAL, with the Gorilla already there.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Looks fine mate, only thing I can see is an uneven number of hedges at the front left compared to right, but I understand that is due to the shape/size of the building, so it looks fine mate, good job as always.
  • am4692
    2253 posts
    edited July 2013
    I like the idear and it looks good, if anything the hedges need to be lined up better. :D
  • sahl908
    989 posts
    edited July 2013
    The whole area looks awesome and the balloons in the 2nd pic look better. Also like your makeshift ticket booth :).
  • jacko_9997
    532 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    maybe put hedges around the corner and back of sir put a lots
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited July 2013
    Again thanks for all of your suggestions! I added hedges around the back, straightened them all up (I'm pretty sure), pushed it back a little and also completed that little area (at least I think I have).

null_zps82e91e7a.png

Then I thought it was a little hedge-heavy, so decided to soften the hedges with some planters.

null_zpse9e82d84.png

Any thoughts? Remember I'm not made of glass :lol:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!