EA Forums - Banner

What was in your last mystery box?

Replies

• bluntcard
    3968 posts Member
    disappointment
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Thank you, wadebear!

I should really be writing them down, shouldn't I? After a series of alternating minnow ponds and _Ondas, I finally got 30 donuts and then the nuclear shelter. I will try and keep track and update this. However, I couldn't find any sequence above where an Onda is followed by a minnow pond.
  • frosted1414
    2720 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    @DocBingoBongo in the first spreadsheet I see CO followed by MP and also I see 30 followed by **** (censored, lol) Bomb Shelter
    78DWrN5.jpg
    b8NUgVp.jpg
    1FmHg0C.png

Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • @frosted1414 Thank you, that's true! Surprsingly, I got another 30 donuts after the bomb shelter... will keep on compiling my list!

Am planning to do 2 mystery boxes a day. I guess it'll take ages to get my multiplier up...!
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    @frosted1414 Thank you, that's true! Surprsingly, I got another 30 donuts after the bomb shelter... will keep on compiling my list!
    You must have just hit the transition between Blue and Red patterns, because that's the only time I remember you can get 30 donuts right after a Bomb Shelter.
    Your next items should be:
    (A) Van, Lard, Khlav, Bomb, _onda, 10D, Billboard, Van
    (D) Billboard, Lard
    (F) Billboard, Van, Khlav, Pond, Bomb, 10D, Billboard, Van, Lard
    It takes a while to really figure out where you are in the system.
    Am planning to do 2 mystery boxes a day. I guess it'll take ages to get my multiplier up...!
    With every Van you place your Multiplier goes up by 2%, every Billboard 1%, and every Lard Lad increases your daily cash. The higher your multiplier the faster you earn donuts.
    How many Kwik-E-Marts are you placing and how often? I do 35 every ~4 hours and get 3 donuts for each 9(?) I collect. My Multiplier is 936.10% - up 19% in the last 3 days. I'd buy a few more Mystery Boxes, but my Collider is about to run out so I'll need 25 donuts to recharge it.
  • @wadebear Thank you! However, I don't see an ADF pattern anywhere? Also the pattern you quote doesn't reflect the pattern for each letter (A,D,F) in the image? I am confused. Clearly I haven't worked this quite out yet.

I place 24 KEMs every 4 hours. This still allows me to run a slightly positive money balance (necessary if I don't hit 3 donuts with the Maggie game straight away). I earn about 2 donuts every 4 hours this way. I will try and slowly increase the number of KEMs I farm as my income goes up.

I know I should use all donuts to buy mystery boxes, but in order to have some joy as well on top of the grinding, I have set myself a rule that I will buy 2 mystery boxes each day, save up the 25 donuts for the collider and spent the rest on yearbook mystery boxes (which does help a bit with income via buildings/characters and multiplier with the right items). :smile:
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    @wadebear Thank you! However, I don't see an ADF pattern anywhere?
    No, I mean you'll continue with row A, or row D, or row F. Check the chart: You just got 30 donuts. That puts you in one of three rows, A, D, or F (the only rows with 30 Donuts as a payout). From there... Well, it depends where you are in the pattern. It took me quite a while to match my payouts to the pattern when I tried (several years ago). Oops, looking back at the patterns I see I made a mistake. I thought Row B always followed row A, but there's a place where C follows A.
    I know I should use all donuts to buy mystery boxes,
    Yes, you should. That's where I made my mistake years ago. Instead of going for Mystery Boxes I kept saying "Oh but I've just GOTTA have THAT!".
    I could have gone for everything in the Pride Box, but I said "NO". Mystery Boxes ONLY until I get my Multiplier up. Then I can have anything I want because I'll have gobs of donuts. (I've been told.)
    Also: don't overspend. If you can only get 24 KEMs without your money going down, just get 24 KEMS. In games 1 and 2 (I did mention I play 3 towns, right?) I ran Blue House Farms for several years. I now have 1.5 BILLION surplus in those games. Just buy Houses 1 at a time until you can buy more KEMs. Then buy more houses. Then buy more KEMs... Really though 35 per round is enough in my opinion. More than that and it just gets too cumbersome.
    In game 3 (which is the one I've been referencing) I'm about to sell off my Purple Houses that pay out every 3 hours and use the cash to buy some more Blue or White Houses. I just don't have it in me to log in every 3 hours any more. Physical therapy eats too much of my time every day.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    @DocBingoBongo : Why don't you just take a look at my #3 town and see how it's set up with House Farms. I just sent you an invite. bearnonymous is the name
  • frosted1414
    2720 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Just for laughs, I spent 800 donuts on 281 Mystery Boxes.
    I got 33 NV, 38 IS, and 22 LL for a bonus increase of 104.01%
    zF1U335.png
    PQ0lUOE.png
    UWup3L7.png
    Kg0xO55.png

And this is what I got in my last 281 mystery boxes, in order. I don't see any clear pattern.
    gNWcyDy.png

EDIT: fixed an oopsy
    Post edited by frosted1414 on
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    Ok, I remember something about this from a few years ago. When you receive the payout you're not (or not always) closing the inventory menu, you just tap the Store button to buy another box. Right? That throws off the patterns.
    I mapped out the standard patterns:
    qj6hsgwqapfn.png
    As you can see, the standard has a fairly regular distribution pattern.
    Your pattern is off, but you got about the same output: fewer NVs, but more ISs.
    I'm not sure how much sense I'm making, I'm pooped. It's hard to get enough sleep with the aches and pains in my back, legs, and arms.
  • KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    My last 4 MB's were:
    IS, CO, MP, LL.
    So where would they fit???
    Because I have only been up an hour and my brain is like mushy peas, shouldn't have stayed up way past midnight on TSTO and forum.

qj6hsgwqapfn.png

Do you work along the rows collecting every one or just the coloured ones, or is done in columns???
    I wanted to do it yesterday but I will invariably do it tomorrow (ish).
  • wadebear wrote: »
    Ok, I remember something about this from a few years ago. When you receive the payout you're not (or not always) closing the inventory menu, you just tap the Store button to buy another box. Right? That throws off the patterns.

Yes that's right. Always looking for a short cut. Does this mean I have to do this experiment over again?

• KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I read my 4 as, IS/BB, CO, MP, LL so they came out as:
    1st. MB, Row: B, C, D, E, F, G or H.
    2nd. MB, Row: A, B, C, D, E, F or H.
    3rd. MB, Row: A, C, D, E, F, G or H.
    4th. MB, Row: A, D, E or G.

78DWrN5.jpg
    b8NUgVp.jpg

So where could they go???
    Rows: B, A, C, D.
    Rows: C, D, C, D.
    Rows: B, D, C, D.
    Rows: D, C, D, E.
    Rows: D, E, F, G.
    My next one is either:
    Row: C, E, F or G.
    Have I read that correctly???
    Post edited by KLmaker on
  • frosted1414
    2720 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    @KLmaker I used to get the @girl22721 sequence then one day I noticed it was way off. It was following the Charles sequence now! Then I didn't buy MB for a long time till the experiment above (after the tennis court glitch I stopped chasing bonus % )
    Anyway, your IS, CO, MP, LL fits in the Charles sequence (he uses BB instead of IS) I would think you will get a IS(BB) next or 30d
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    wadebear wrote: »
    Yes that's right. Always looking for a short cut. Does this mean I have to do this experiment over again
    Yes, absolutely. You must run every experiment with every possible variation to reach the truth. :D
    Actually I don't know if your pattern will return to "normal" or not. I suppose you could try it and see. Of course you'd really need to reinstall your game, move your game to a different device, switch between iOS and Android (doing one run where you do that for each Mystery Box you buy)... Seriously, you have to take EVERY factor into account to run a conclusive experiment. The possibilities are exhausting. How are you set up for international travel? Got a passport? >:)
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    KLmaker wrote: »
    My last 4 MB's were:
    IS, CO, MP, LL.
    So where would they fit???
    They don't fit this pattern. I'd forgotten about the "Charles" pattern that @frosted1414 posted about. The things you forget after a couple of years away (and on meds that make your brain mushy). Actually they changed my meds so my brain is less mushy now than it was back when I was playing.
    qj6hsgwqapfn.png
    Do you work along the rows collecting every one or just the coloured ones, or is done in columns???
    Start with cell A1 and go right. You get (theoretically) each cell item in order. But it depends where you are. I just used the @girl22721 chart. I found the data I compiled several years ago on my own results but there was only enough there to figure out where I was in the pattern, so...
    I can tell from my payouts when I buy a batch of Mystery Boxes that I'm still holding to the @girl22721 pattern, but I couldn't tell you where I am right now.
  • KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    OK.
    Now I am officially confused.com, so with these 2 graphs, you are reading left to right and every box.

78DWrN5.jpg
    qj6hsgwqapfn.png

What about this one though, because I thought you got any one item from Row A, then any one item from Row B and so on down the list, but in the order of the blue or red list.

b8NUgVp.jpg

So does that mean you could spend 24 donuts and conceivably get: B, A, C, D, as in KK, MP, CO, KK.

Sorry in advance for sounding like a newb, one of those things I thought I would eventually understand but never did.
  • KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    Yes that's right. Always looking for a short cut. Does this mean I have to do this experiment over again
    Yes, absolutely. You must run every experiment with every possible variation to reach the truth. :D
    Actually I don't know if your pattern will return to "normal" or not. I suppose you could try it and see. Of course you'd really need to reinstall your game, move your game to a different device, switch between iOS and Android (doing one run where you do that for each Mystery Box you buy)... Seriously, you have to take EVERY factor into account to run a conclusive experiment. The possibilities are exhausting. How are you set up for international travel? Got a passport? >:)

An advancement in any direction is still an advancement, apparently, mighty smighter, mwah ha ha ha. >:):s>:)
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I found the following by doing a Google search for "simpsons tapped out mystery box charles"
    **** = Bomb Shelter
    LL = Lard Lad Donuts
    CO = Chalmers’ 1979 _ONDA
    KK = Khlav Kalash Stand
    MP = Minnow Pond
    BB = Itchy & Scratchy Billboard
    NV = Channel 6 New Van
    10 = 10 Donuts
    30 = 30 Donuts
    (n) repeats n times
    i5zilfec675k.png
    {post edited because it garbaged my text data}
    {I'll get that chart right yet...}
    Post edited by wadebear on
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    OK.
    Now I am officially confused.com, so with these 2 graphs, you are reading left to right and every box.
    I know nothing about the upper two charts. They're so tiny I can't even read them.
    What about this one though, because I thought you got any one item from Row A, then any one item from Row B and so on down the list, but in the order of the blue or red list.

b8NUgVp.jpg
    No. You get everything in line A, then line B, then line A again, B... I've always gotten the payouts in that order. Apparently some people get stuff in the "Charles" order (see above post on that)". Perhaps there's a third pattern? Or maybe your copy of the game has some bad code. You could always try a clean install and see what happens (uninstall, turn off device, install from play store).