Great idea! I've heard its brilliant.

+1
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    JaredEgan wrote:
    Madam Tussaud's!

Madam Tussad's was great in Las Vegas, and her great? Grandson Louis Tussad's in niagara was really good as well so I'd assume the on in London would be spectacular
  • JaredEgan
    127 posts
    edited July 2013
    shakillomd wrote:
    You can always visit me!

I'm dragging three non-tappers around with me. They might not appreciate a rendezvous for a Tapped Out gathering on the trip ;)
    Thanks for the offer though :D
  • JaredEgan
    127 posts
    edited July 2013
    ecneralc wrote:
    JaredEgan wrote:
    Madam Tussaud's!

Madam Tussad's was great in Las Vegas, and her great? Grandson Louis Tussad's in niagara was really good as well so I'd assume the on in London would be spectacular

Someone put up some amazing pics of homer at a wax museum recently. I can't remember if it was a Madam Tussauds's. I'd be great to see.
    I've never been to a wax museum before, I'll definitely try get to it.
  • paulzuk
    407 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    JaredEgan wrote:
    Madam Tussaud's!

The Victoria & Albert Museum is a favourite of mine. It's huge and offers much to satisfy anything that interests you.

As far as a hidden gem is concerned, check this out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensington_Roof_Gardens

The different styles of the gardens are strikingly different. Last time I was there, they had even flamingos walking around. You won't believe you're on a roof in the centre of London. There was restaurant up there too. It's quite a few years since I was there, but I would imagine you can still go there for lunch or dinner.

Peace.
  • JaredEgan
    127 posts
    edited July 2013
    paulzuk wrote:
    The Victoria & Albert Museum is a favourite of mine. It's huge and offers much to satisfy anything that interests you.

The different styles of the gardens are strikingly different. Last time I was there, they had even flamingos walking around. You won't believe you're on a roof in the centre of London. There was restaurant up there too. It's quite a few years since I was there, but I would imagine you can still go there for lunch or dinner.

Peace.

Wow, Paulzuk they look really unique! The pics online are fantastic. Thanks for the tip. I'll try get to them.
  • Tiha24
    160 posts
    edited July 2013
    JaredEgan wrote:

Where does the best fish and chips? (this is argued over in Dublin, I may start a fight by asking this question...)

No fight! Simply the wrong part of the country for the 'best' fish & chips, waay too far south :lol:
    Should be some fairly nice ones about though

Personally I've always liked the Science and Natural History museums, but it's a while since I've been there.
  • HawleyBDB
    1051 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Tate Modern, and Tate Britain are always good... Not sure what shows are on there at the moment but the permanent collection is amazing to :D
    Username: KidHawley
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited July 2013
    Tower of London is always worth a see :)

tumblr_mntp1hxrIT1spo6zno1_400.gif

tumblr_m51lgmng5V1qdek8jo1_400.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • paulzuk
    407 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    JaredEgan wrote:
    paulzuk wrote:

Peace.

Wow, Paulzuk they look really unique! The pics online are fantastic. Thanks for the tip. I'll try get to them.

Yes, it's quite beautiful and unlike anything you will see normally. I hope you manage to get there. You won't be disappointed.

I grew up in NYC and love it, but London is by far my favourite city in world. Hope you have a good time.

Peace.

• HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited July 2013
    Lenny Henry in Fences at the Duchess Theatre. A play about life in 60s America. Absolutely tremendous.
  • CallMeAceRag
    183 posts
    edited July 2013
    Lately they also seem to have a rather unknown attraction in London as well, local people usually call the shiny thing in the sky "sun". Just kidding. :mrgreen:
  • tobypine2
    292 posts
    edited July 2013
    I went a dozen years ago. Still remember some of it. Lol. I'd love to take the fam and show them some sights.

Even if its just to Mind the Gap :). Best mass transit I've had the pleasure to go through turnstiles for.
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited July 2013
    Natural history museum In Kensington
    Tate modern in southbank
    Olimpic park -stratford
    Camden town
    Greenwich
    Ferry ride from Greenwich to Westminster £6 on your oyster
    Westminster
    Harrods
    Let it be -the Beatles Soho/music theatre
    Edit. Brixton when get dark :)
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    JaredEgan wrote:
    ecneralc wrote:
    JaredEgan wrote:
    Madam Tussaud's!

Someone put up some amazing pics of homer at a wax museum recently. I can't remember if it was a Madam Tussauds's. I'd be great to see.
    I've never been to a wax museum before, I'll definitely try get to it.

That was me was Louis Tussad's in niagara, according to the sign out front of it was first wax museum opened in Canada was founding in 1956 by Louis Tussad who was I want to say the great grandson of madam Tussad but I can't remember if it was great or just the grandson either way the family has been doing them for awhile lol
  • JaredEgan
    127 posts
    edited July 2013
    Tiha24 wrote:
    JaredEgan wrote:

Where does the best fish and chips? (this is argued over in Dublin, I may start a fight by asking this question...)

No fight! Simply the wrong part of the country for the 'best' fish & chips, waay too far south :lol:
    Should be some fairly nice ones about though

Lol! To truly enjoy fish and chips, it has to be cold and wet outside. So it makes sense that the further north I go, they get better ;)
    Lenny Henry in Fences at the Duchess Theatre. A play about life in 60s America. Absolutely tremendous.

I love Lenny Henry, I'd be class to see him on stage. Great idea.
    I didn't realise he was doing anything like that!

Lately they also seem to have a rather unknown attraction in London as well, local people usually call the shiny thing in the sky "sun". Just kidding. :mrgreen:
    Ha! I know the feeling, as an Irishman with a traditional Irish complexion of sickly grey skin, that weird shiny thing makes my skin red and sore. i think they call it a sun pox..or sun rash...
  • JaredEgan
    127 posts
    edited July 2013
    Thanks all for some great recommendations for the museums. I love museums and would spend the whole weekend going to them all...if it wasn't for all the other good suggestions you've been putting up! :)
  • JaredEgan
    127 posts
    edited July 2013
    ecneralc wrote:

That was me was Louis Tussad's in niagara, according to the sign out front of it was first wax museum opened in Canada was founding in 1956 by Louis Tussad who was I want to say the great grandson of madam Tussad but I can't remember if it was great or just the grandson either way the family has been doing them for awhile lol

Thats class. Those photos you put up before were great. I can still picture that weird Homer one.

I am learning a lot today. I didn't realise that the rest of Madam Taussads family got into the business as well.
    Thats very cool! Quite a talented family ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.