EA Forums - Banner

Quoting incorrect sources

Prev1
I completely agree. One question, though: which one is spAnser's website?

Replies

• HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I agree. That little phaggot NuclearVideos on YouTube never gives credit.
  • justincredib409
    230 posts
    edited July 2013

I'll PM you :-)
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited July 2013
    I'd ask for a PM too, but don't want to spoil the surprise. I obviously enjoy this site very much and have only been really using it for a month or two. Since then I have grown bored with the plot spoilers. I appreciate the work that some people put into going through the raw files(?), but I no longer open those threads.

Mods: Do some of you not want plot spoilers but have to read the threads anyway?
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I'd ask for a PM too, but don't want to spoil the surprise. I obviously enjoy this site very much and have only been really using it for a month or two. Since then I have grown bored with the plot spoilers. I appreciate the work that some people put into going through the raw files(?), but I no longer open those threads.

Mods: Do some of you not want plot spoilers but have to read the threads anyway?

I personally don't mind plot spoilers as long as it is "Speculation" ;) yes we have to read every thread / post so we bound to come across stuff we don't wanna see :lol:

I treat it like films, its something i wanna see really badly! i kinda wanna know what's going to happen but at the same time i don't lol ......but if i find out then im not that bothered either :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Why do so many people source credit for new info from the likes of simpsonswiki and tstotips?!? Surely most people realise that these sites steal all the spoilers and info from spAnser and the guys over at his site. So thanks for the rumoured level 33 info and other tapped out related info to spAnser. That guy knows his stuff.
    I don't know man... But you know what? It's time to accept that this forum is full of noobs who don't know anything about spAnser, who are just trying to pass along info, and get nothing but snark from like 20 people at once for doing so.

Like really people, it's going to happen every update. Just accept it. Find something else to be **** about. I'm sure spAnser is going to be getting as much credit as he needs. It's totally not worth it to be outraged on behalf of him.

And at the end of the day, it's just an update leak. Deal with it.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    That's what a forum is about if you ask me, to speculate on your favourite game or whatever. So as long as credit is giving to due source, no harm IMO.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Why do so many people source credit for new info from the likes of simpsonswiki and tstotips?!? Surely most people realise that these sites steal all the spoilers and info from spAnser and the guys over at his site. So thanks for the rumoured level 33 info and other tapped out related info to spAnser. That guy knows his stuff.

you have a weird definition of "steal".... TSTOtips always acknowledges Spanser as the source of their info, when they post on it.
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited July 2013

you have a weird definition of "steal".... TSTOtips always acknowledges Spanser as the source of their info, when they post on it.

They have only just recently started acknowledging him and that was only because he told them.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited July 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    That's what a forum is about if you ask me, to speculate on your favourite game or whatever. So as long as credit is giving to due source, no harm IMO.
    Boom!! +1

Emmcee my man hit the nail on the head. Should always give credit. Most of the threads say its gona be a spoiler so no you should be fine with it.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited July 2013

They have only just recently started acknowledging him and that was only because he told them.

shouldn't you be busy posting incorrect release dates?
  • simbass7
    1928 posts New member
    edited July 2013

Mark&spAnser.Co.uk ;)
  • simbass7
    1928 posts New member
    edited July 2013
    Bravewall wrote:
    I don't know man... But you know what? It's time to accept that this forum is full of noobs who don't know anything about spAnser, who are just trying to pass along info, and get nothing but snark from like 20 people at once for doing so.

Like really people, it's going to happen every update. Just accept it. Find something else to be **** about. I'm sure spAnser is going to be getting as much credit as he needs. It's totally not worth it to be outraged on behalf of him.

And at the end of the day, it's just an update leak. Deal with it.

+1
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited July 2013
    simbass7 wrote:

Mark&spAnser.Co.uk ;)
    booo get off the stage :lol::mrgreen:
  • dessskris
    195 posts
    edited July 2013
    well, I don't think it's their fault. I think it's the fault of those websites, because they never actually put a citation. thus people who read off those websites think they are actually the ones reading the files. they wouldn't know about spAnser unless somebody give him credits!
    don't know if I could post the link, but he's on reddit. just google his name.
  • MyNoNoSp0t
    90 posts Member
    edited July 2013

shouldn't you be busy posting incorrect release dates?

:twisted: BURN!! :twisted:
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Boom!! +1

Emmcee my man hit the nail on the head. Should always give credit. Most of the threads say its gona be a spoiler so no you should be fine with it.
    Then lets have a spanser sticky so whenever an innocent new guy posts something from a wiki, they can be directed to something to do with spAnser, if not his actual website. If we can't manage that, then we can't blame a new guy for not knowing any better. It only serves to cheese off new forum members, who aren't used to this forum's wonky credit system.

And when I say wonky credit system, I mean as a sig artist, I honestly wish I could give credit to the artists that made the designs that I mess around with in photoshop. And if I could get the names of those artists, I would give all the credit to them. I'm amazed that nobody ever calls me out on that, because that's where the majority of the talent is coming from. And yet knowing that Eddie and Lou are coming in two weeks from somewhere that isn't the original source is what people complain about.

I get that SpAnser is yer boy, but look around this forum at all the other things that have gone completely uncredited. That is the nature of the internet. You post something, and hope it propagates. And IF you can get some credit for it, then great.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    spAnser is a great source, no doubt, but there are quite a few others who peer into the files and offer just as much information and just as timely. You can't assume that all credit for every spoiler goes to one person, just as much as you can't assume that everyone who posts the same information "stole" it from somewhere else.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Bravewall wrote:
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Boom!! +1

Then lets have a spanser sticky so whenever an innocent new guy posts something from a wiki, they can be directed to something to do with spAnser, if not his actual website. If we can't manage that, then we can't blame a new guy for not knowing any better. It only serves to cheese off new forum members, who aren't used to this forum's wonky credit system.

And when I say wonky credit system, I mean as a sig artist, I honestly wish I could give credit to the artists that made the designs that I mess around with in photoshop. And if I could get the names of those artists, I would give all the credit to them. I'm amazed that nobody ever calls me out on that, because that's where the majority of the talent is coming from. And yet knowing that Eddie and Lou are coming in two weeks from somewhere that isn't the original source is what people complain about.

I get that SpAnser is yer boy, but look around this forum at all the other things that have gone completely uncredited. That is the nature of the internet. You post something, and hope it propagates.

Well if people think rumors and speculation are true, then it won't matter who gets credit, they will be dissappionted anyway,just look at them with an open mind and don't get hopes up on receiving all you see.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited July 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    spAnser is a great source, no doubt, but there are quite a few others who peer into the files and offer just as much information and just as timely. You can't assume that all credit for every spoiler goes to one person, just as much as you can't assume that everyone who posts the same information "stole" it from somewhere else.
    thats true! Sum guys here do a fantastic job at look at the info. And breaking it down. So i agree that you can not assume that all the info is stolen. Unless the text is copied word for word. Then u can tear them s new one :lol::wink:
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Boom!! +1

I get that SpAnser is yer boy, but look around this forum at all the other things that have gone completely uncredited. That is the nature of the internet. You post something, and hope it propagates.

Well if people think rumors and speculation are true, then it won't matter who gets credit, they will be dissappionted anyway,just look at them with an open mind and don't get hopes up on receiving all you see.
    That I agree with. Anybody here just to speculate: You give your hopes up at your own risk.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.