EA Forums - Banner

Accidental-donut-spenders commiseration guild

I sympathize with your expression of sorrow.

Replies

• snarkmork
    399 posts
    edited July 2013

Thank you, thank you. The first is always the worst. Woe is me but I will prevail.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited July 2013
    snarkmork wrote:
    Despite having activated the confirmation for donut spends, I just managed to waste two of them on tomacco with five minute left on the clock. No idea how that happened. :cry:
    oh man. That's bad :evil: I have heard of other members who say that with some updates that it unchecks the confirmation box.

So to be save I would check ur settings after every updates.....anyoing I know
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    I wasted 150 donuts on the dog... :( Can anybody top that?
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    long time ago when i first had the pop ups to "collect taxes from houses" i thought the only way to bypass this was to spend donuts.
    i probably wasted 10 donuts like this.
    and one night during the Halloween event i was drunk and decided to buy Halloween mystery boxes (don't remember what they were called). I was drunk so i thought i was spending candy to buy these but i was spending donuts.
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited July 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    long time ago when i first had the pop ups to "collect taxes from houses" i thought the only way to bypass this was to spend donuts.
    and one night during the Halloween event i was drunk and decided to buy a Halloween mystery boxes (don't remember what they were called). I was drunk so i thought i was spending candy to buy these but i was spending donuts.

That is one of the funniest donut wasting stories I've read.
  • swdonnelly84
    639 posts New member
    edited July 2013
    snarkmork wrote:

Thank you, thank you. The first is always the worst. Woe is me but I will prevail.

When I had originally started playing the game I thought you had to add Facebook friends as I had no idea this site existed or what Origin was. I ended up using donuts to complete the "Add Friends" task, twice actually.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    and one night during the Halloween event i was drunk and decided to buy a Halloween mystery boxes (don't remember what they were called). I was drunk so i thought i was spending candy to buy these but i was spending donuts.

That is one of the funniest donut wasting stories I've read.

Yea man i was like "wow this is a good deal. you spend 2 candy and get 10 back" then i later realized a bunch of my donuts were gone and decided not to play drunk anymore lol

it really sucks too because homer just ate all the extra candy we had and we didn't get anything for it
  • snarkmork
    399 posts
    edited July 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    and one night during the Halloween event i was drunk and decided to buy Halloween mystery boxes (don't remember what they were called). I was drunk so i thought i was spending candy to buy these but i was spending donuts.

This is pretty hilarious, though probably not for you. You don't even have the comfort of knowing that the stupid donut spending is all the fault of EA and the game and not at all your own :P.
  • chbboss
    15 posts
    edited July 2013
    1st yes, this has happened to me a few time sadly.

I always thought a good solution would be if EA changed it from a confirm to spend to a CLICK and Hold to spend.

Example: To purchase a premium item you need to click the Purchase Button and Hold for 5-7 seconds.

But, as I am sure EA enjoys those mistake purchases I doubt they will ever change it.
    Chubbs
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Bravewall wrote:

I wasted 2 doughnuts speeding up "Homer Clean Up Trash". Is that worse?
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited July 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:

I think a warning should be added, that under no circumstances that drinking & playing are permitted. :XD:
    That is the funniest donut spend I've heard. I too use to spend donuts on brown houses when tapping. That was b4 they added the confirmation box. Now I check with every update
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited July 2013
    Bravewall wrote:

I wasted 2 doughnuts speeding up "Homer Clean Up Trash". Is that worse?
    No, the dog is 75 times worse. Plus sparing yourself 6 seconds is better than nothing... which is exactly what the dog is. :lol:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.