EA Forums - Banner

You just got ripped off!

Replies

• sim93863
    13 posts
    edited November 2012
    are these out in the uk? ive just logged on and cant see them anywhere for purchase
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    Get over it.

Good advice.

Do you really think I am overacting?

I really do. A couple of balloons now cost a few donuts whereas a few hours ago they cost in-game cash for a short while due to a glitch. You're really not put out in any real terms by this.
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited November 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    sonny1618 wrote:
    Get over it.

Good advice.

I really do. A couple of balloons now cost a few donuts whereas a few hours ago they cost in-game cash for a short while due to a glitch. You're really not put out in any real terms by this.

I think others are put out for a very weak update.
  • Jameh20
    200 posts
    edited November 2012
    I think we all know life will go on after this :3maybe..
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    sonny1618 wrote:
    Get over it.

Good advice.

I think others are put out for a very weak update.

I agree with that. The balloons aren't really good for anything and I can't think of a place to put them. I might even ignore them completely.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Actually I do travel, quite a bit for work, maybe not 146,000 on Delta but enough to be both Southwest A-List Preferred and United Premier Gold. As for the cheating theory you said you advanced the time to Sydney time. Just saying, you are getting a product that was not meant for release to you yet, so complaining about it seems premature at best.

You state you are in marketing, if you had prices set at something that somehow people got in advance of a release in your area and then found out within hours they changed it to what it should be, yet still had not been released in your area would that be fair to your marketing division?

Anyway, telling me to get over it, I am not even on it. I was just saying getting upset over a product that has not even been released but you have seen a glimpse of seems silly. You say they released a product based on corporate structure and they approved it, but they have not released it to us yet, so I guess it has not been released and approved. Maybe it was released in one area to test it out first, find any mistakes and correct them instead of having to do a worldwide correct. So yes, it is annoying, but again, as I said EVERY release they have had has included premium items.

Seriously though, not trying to dircredit your anger, that is fine, I am just taking the other point on this one. Usually I agree with your posts, this one I just am not and am just stating why. I too buy everything premium, am bummed I will probably stupidly buy those two balloons, but so be it, my choice to play the game or not.

As for the other complaints, well I cannot argue those, the bugs are annoying, the useless treats more annoying...be nice if they fix these things, but I can always stop playing and go back to spending inordinate amounts of time in Skyrim ha ha.

• joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited November 2012
    Jameh20 wrote:
    I think we all know life will go on after this :3maybe..

No. It's all for naught. :-o If no one else thinks this sucks I must be overreacting. Really don't think I am though on this one.
  • SlimHaydy1998
    144 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    I just went went into my game and NONE of the balloons cost donuts. All cash, simple. Does it really need more debating...
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited November 2012
    mdfriend wrote:
    Actually I do travel, quite a bit for work, maybe not 146,000 on Delta but enough to be both Southwest A-List Preferred and United Premier Gold. As for the cheating theory you said you advanced the time to Sydney time. Just saying, you are getting a product that was not meant for release to you yet, so complaining about it seems premature at best.

You state you are in marketing, if you had prices set at something that somehow people got in advance of a release in your area and then found out within hours they changed it to what it should be, yet still had not been released in your area would that be fair to your marketing division?

Anyway, telling me to get over it, I am not even on it. I was just saying getting upset over a product that has not even been released but you have seen a glimpse of seems silly. You say they released a product based on corporate structure and they approved it, but they have not released it to us yet, so I guess it has not been released and approved. Maybe it was released in one area to test it out first, find any mistakes and correct them instead of having to do a worldwide correct. So yes, it is annoying, but again, as I said EVERY release they have had has included premium items.

Seriously though, not trying to dircredit your anger, that is fine, I am just taking the other point on this one. Usually I agree with your posts, this one I just am not and am just stating why. I too buy everything premium, am bummed I will probably stupidly buy those two balloons, but so be it, my choice to play the game or not.

As for the other complaints, well I cannot argue those, the bugs are annoying, the useless treats more annoying...be nice if they fix these things, but I can always stop playing and go back to spending inordinate amounts of time in Skyrim ha ha.

Sorry if I came across as a pompous *, but setting your damn device ahead is NOT cheating and EA would approve of any monetary value waaaay ahead of time and would not change it. I stand by argument and apologize for sounding like a Dbag, which upon retreading I did, BUT I still stand behind my argument against the change.
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    I know EA can do anything they want but it's kinda corny some people got them for nothing and others aren't but that's just how it is sometimes.. But Still corny nonetheless, Especially for some balloons, this is a wack a$$ Thanksgiving update anyway tho.. Just balloons that do nothing for how many real dollars? EA is cake'n off this game, they could at least give a little more bang for ur doughnut Lol
  • Jameh20
    200 posts
    edited November 2012
    I just went went into my game and NONE of the balloons cost donuts. All cash, simple. Does it really need more debating...

Well 2 of them are 100% costing me dohnuts.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited November 2012

I'd buy them all now if I were you then, if you care about getting the complete set that is.
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Where you located Slim? Maybe it will be less for The US.. It is our thanksgiving lol.. That's would be messed up tho
  • rubymccoachx
    22 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm in Australia, have received the update and balloons still cost cash? None have donut values, super confused!
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm in Australia, have received the update and balloons still cost cash? None have donut values, super confused!

As Sonny said BUY, BUY, BUY!!!!
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited November 2012

[/quote]Sorry if I came across as a pompous *, but setting your damn device ahead is NOT cheating and EA would approve of any monetary value waaaay ahead of time and would not change it. I stand by argument and apologize for sounding like a Dbag, which upon retreading I did, BUT I still stand behind my argument against the change. [/quote]

No worries, I did not take it personally.

I said cheating, but I did put a parenthetical aside that I did not see it as cheating but was too lazy to think of the right word, having a screaming 18 month old makes me not think as much as I might want to. I guess I would just say it is taking advantage of a glitch, getting a preview of something that is not released to us yet, getting upset about it and saying they are changing their prices to us when it technically has not been released to us just seems flawed is all I am saying. And I will emphasize that by no means in any way am I implying you cheat are are cheating.

The change is lame, but I still say that every release has had premium items so it makes more sense than a release that would have none.

Anyway, not trying to be an EA cheerleader, they have a lot of crap to fix, like making the premium items work for the bonuses they are supposed to, that being #1. I will stand behind you, Marge and Edna to protest that one.
  • SlimHaydy1998
    144 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    I am from Aus soooo?
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited November 2012
    mdfriend wrote:
    Sorry if I came across as a pompous *, but setting your damn device ahead is NOT cheating and EA would approve of any monetary value waaaay ahead of time and would not change it. I stand by argument and apologize for sounding like a Dbag, which upon retreading I did, BUT I still stand behind my argument against the change. [/quote]

No worries, I did not take it personally.

I said cheating, but I did put a parenthetical aside that I did not see it as cheating but was too lazy to think of the right word, having a screaming 18 month old makes me not think as much as I might want to. I guess I would just say it is taking advantage of a glitch, getting a preview of something that is not released to us yet, getting upset about it and saying they are changing their prices to us when it technically has not been released to us just seems flawed is all I am saying. And I will emphasize that by no means in any way am I implying you cheat are are cheating.

The change is lame, but I still say that every release has had premium items so it makes more sense than a release that would have none.

Anyway, not trying to be an EA cheerleader, they have a lot of crap to fix, like making the premium items work for the bonuses they are supposed to, that being #1. I will stand behind you, Marge and Edna to protest that one.[/quote]

My point is at this juncture everything has to be calculated, they are making a TON of money, and any hiccup less fixing a long laundry list of complaints is bull ****. Fix it and don't eff up. Or don't care and make silly mistakes your end user gets to enjoy.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    My point is at this juncture everything has to be calculated, they are making a TON of money, and any hiccup less fixing a long laundry list of complaints is bull ****. Fix it and don't eff up. Or don't care and make silly mistakes your end user gets to enjoy. [/quote]

Oh, I agree with that 100%
  • joshhuffman
    298 posts
    edited November 2012
    mdfriend wrote:
    My point is at this juncture everything has to be calculated, they are making a TON of money, and any hiccup less fixing a long laundry list of complaints is bull ****. Fix it and don't eff up. Or don't care and make silly mistakes your end user gets to enjoy.

Oh, I agree with that 100%[/quote]

Agreed.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.