EA Forums - Banner

Land - Are we at the limit?

It’s been a while since land has been available. Are they done with land expansions or will we see future expansions?

Replies

• wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    I don't think there will be any more land additions until we see an upswing in the amount of RAM and storage included on tablets and phones. My iPad mini with 64 MBs of storage (it was on clearance because they just came out with a new model) is still doing OK, but my other devices are struggling to keep up with the game's demands.
  • KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    So you think EA are deliberately restricting game development so as not to make the games exceed operating system's capabilities and make them unplayable.
    It's an interesting and insightful viewpoint... Logical and entirely possible, I had not thought of it that way.
    I wanted to do it yesterday but I will invariably do it tomorrow (ish).
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    Have you not seen the recent complaints about how much space the game is taking up on devices? I actually had to delete some apps to install it on my Galaxy Tab A 8.0.
    They'd already "blacklisted" a number of older, less capable devices years ago. I was able to play the game on my old iPod Touch v2 for a while when I first started playing, but haven't been able to even install it on it for years.
  • boldbhoy
    274 posts Member
    That seems quite sensible. As I play on new(ish) devices with lots of memory capacity you tend to take some things for granted.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6341 posts Moderator
    I still haven't unlocked all the current land yet. I only do so, when i need to add new buildings. I still have tons of land.
  • I'm level 939, and been playing about 6 years. I have unlocked all the available land spaces, but have nothing to put in vast chunks of it. A lot of my land space is empty. I like to think of it as Springfields greenbelt.
  • KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    wadebear wrote: »
    Have you not seen the recent complaints about how much space the game is taking up on devices? I actually had to delete some apps to install it on my Galaxy Tab A 8.0.
    They'd already "blacklisted" a number of older, less capable devices years ago. I was able to play the game on my old iPod Touch v2 for a while when I first started playing, but haven't been able to even install it on it for years.

Heard all the stories or certainly a lot of them and put it down to money and staff and they weren't doing much to the game as a result.
    I wanted to do it yesterday but I will invariably do it tomorrow (ish).
  • Jonalinn
    1806 posts Member
    I still haven't unlocked all the current land yet. I only do so, when i need to add new buildings. I still have tons of land.

This was me until the pandemic set in. Then, one afternoon, I went an unlocked all of it. It's just sitting there empty now lol.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved