EA Forums - Banner

Krustyland is on a new nap

Good question! I wasn't for/against either way before, but now that I have it I think there's a lot more game possibilities with having a 2nd map. I just don't like having to load the 2nd screen - especially when visiting neighbors. That's the only downside, IMO.

Great update, though!!! :thumbup:

Replies

• JoshJHunter
    437 posts
    edited July 2013
    No, I actually hate it... Feel like I'm starting all over and that it's stupid. Will have to waste more time going through both places looking for people...and ontop of that's I'm too short to ride ant of the stupid rollercoasters.
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited July 2013
    Some people complain about lack of space, some complain about the separate map, you can never really win with everyone!! :P
  • IronWaffle5x5
    661 posts
    edited July 2013
    best to separate it, i think. It's too much clutter otherwise, or would it be just more land you could do whatever with? Then it wouldn't encourage you to keep things together. Have enough issues with the animations making my ipad 3 choppy as an ocean in a hurricane (especially the Duffman/stadium task).

Question is, does one clean up all the debris in the new land or not.

Anyway, new land gives me something to blow some of my newly acquired $10M on, assuming it's a $$ purchase.
  • mirage21701
    51 posts
    edited July 2013
    I was really hoping to have it attached to the main map. I don't like having to search for my people in the different maps. I really did not want to have to start a whole new map either. I feel like I am now managing two towns and I have done that for a buddy when he was gone on vacation and was so happy when he got back. I liked the idea of just expanding more to the right and giving us more space, but what is done is done.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Why did anyone want it to be attached to the main map? I saw plenty of people saying they wanted it to be attached to Springfield.

The only thing I could see in that favour is loading screens. There's loads of benefits to it being separate.

Is everyone happy now they've seen the scale if the update that it's on a totally new map?

I would have to say honestly yes as I voted in a poll that it wouldn't work aswell as on the main map, but I withdraw my comment as I couldn't be any happier how it turned out honestly, it's fantastic.
  • raychanww38
    21 posts
    edited August 2013
    i have a bad feeling about this due to my pass experience on playing EA games....

i was a player of simcity (computer), and they had this kind of double map update too, one click from the city to a tropical island...... not long before EA suddenly announced the shutting down of the game.........
  • XxBLAIRSOxX97
    21 posts
    edited August 2013
    How come I can't get it, do I have to be a certain level?
  • jturner10536
    108 posts
    edited August 2013
    i have a bad feeling about this due to my pass experience on playing EA games....

i was a player of simcity (computer), and they had this kind of double map update too, one click from the city to a tropical island...... not long before EA suddenly announced the shutting down of the game.........

IMHO No way that happens to tsto. EA just reported their mobile games revenue surpassed their console revenue mostly due to sims and this game. Second the game is just at a year old. If Smurf village can last for 4 years I know tsto will be around for awhile.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2013
    No, I actually hate it... Feel like I'm starting all over and that it's stupid. Will have to waste more time going through both places looking for people...and ontop of that's I'm too short to ride ant of the stupid rollercoasters.

Just reading thru this thread and that comment cracked me up 1wc01R2.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • cjryder625
    1418 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm happy about the update but slightly cheesed off as unless you have plenty of donuts to spend it looks like it's going to be a long haul to get anything :(
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!