devilhunt1449 wrote: »
I've just about given up trying to visit neighbours anymore, if I manage to visit 5 before the game crashes I've done well sometimes it even crashes just trying to load the neighbours screen, think that EA have just about given up on the game and aren't fixing anything that isn't a critical issue.
wadebear wrote: »
Delete all your neighbors. Close your game. Force close your game. Turn off your device. Wait one minute. Turn on your device. Start your game. Invite friends back one at a time until you find the "problem" neighbors.
I've always had problems with being kicked out of the game. But I've also always had crappy internet.
The only real problem I have with visiting neighbors is the ones where there appears to be nothing to tap but you can vandalize the 4 buildings. I'm dumping those people. They're all high levelers who don't need "help" and I can't tap in their towns anyway... And ummm... I don't tap them. I'm only tapping the low level people who still need Friend Points (and who tap in my game).
PotBellyPigeon wrote: »
It's been like this for about 7 months now since the Christmas event last year.
I hope it (and the sound bug in the current update) gets fixed very soon but for me its affecting a bunch of my neighbours and not all of them.
Sometimes if I go to a neighbour's town and can't tap on the buildings, I quickly go back to the friends screen and go back to their town then their buildings are available to tap (it rarely works but sometimes the Bart screen also fixes the issue in their towns).
I know a few of my neighbours visit my town and vandalise the buildings so I know that I'm affected by it.
I still visit to see if my neighbours are still playing by seeing if they have the newest items in their towns and tapping their new buildings if I can.
spyder1952850 wrote: »
@jonalinn, I found a sort of work through. First; THIS DOES NOT WORK EVERY TIME.
1. Immediately after confirming there is nothing to tap on. Helps to check out the whole town. If the spray cans or the graffiti show up, go to next neighbor.
2. Tap to go back to the start screen (the one where other Springfield shows up.
3. Tap on the hand shake. Scroll down to the neighbor. Tap on their icon to see when they last played. If it is less than 2 hours, there is nothing you can do, go to next neighbor. If it says more than 1 week, this player has most likely quit playing. It is your choice on whether to keep them or not.
4. Tap to go back to start screen. Immediately tap on the gold metal. Scroll through and find the neighbor. Tap on the grey bar, it will take you directly to their Springfield.
5. Check to see if the tap on icons have returned. I’ve found 6 of 10 now are tappable. If not
6. Redo step 4. Do not go to step 2 first.
7. Please let me know if this works, I’m trying to confirm my findings.
This works on high level towns and low level towns. I’ve used it on my oldest neighbors, ones I haven’t be able to tap on forever.
PotBellyPigeon wrote: »
@Jonalinn No problem, I think it's affecting a lot of players but its not as bad as yours since it's only affecting a small portion of my neighbours.@wadebear Mine is not as bad as what Jonalinn's is since I can tap most of my neighbours' buildings but there is a few neighbours' buildings which I can't tap at all. I know my town is affected by it since I see some of my neighbours visit my town and vandalise Moe's, Police Station, Springfield Elementary and the Town Hall. I do need to unfriend some friends since I still got some neighbours who haven't played in over a year.
KeithEl777 wrote: »
Hi Neighborino!! I quite often (but not always - seems to happen randomly) have exactly this issue. Uninstalling/reinstalling my game sometimes works, sometimes doesn’t. It’s a real pain the a$$ and I share your pain! Glad you’re still there, even if you can’t visit me! 😁👍
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!