EA Forums - Banner

OuterHaven84 new things in the Update?

Yes! Please check again dude your our only hope :P

Replies

• Raidsmart
    47 posts
    edited November 2012
    Oh please do :mrgreen: . Its nice that we have someone on the forums that can tell us exactly what is going to be in the next updates.
  • OuterHaven84
    104 posts
    edited November 2012
    There are no new update files, seems the updates were pre-downloaded as before and I seem to know what happens now kinda. The updates are stored in cache and when they day they are due to go live the downloading updates screen is simply them redownloading to the correct place, I'm assuming they are stored in cache before they go live so in the event that there is a server issue they are already on your device and they will just copy from cache to the game files.

As since the Thanksgiving update today, the folders that were in the cache folder are now in the game folder.

There are no need files at the moment, but when any update screen appears in the future, I'll be sure to go through the files, I'm expecting the next update to come around Thanksgiving or just after. But for now there is nothing of interest currently.

Also it depends on if EA are going to try a different approach for game updates, since I've leaked them twice now but hopefully not and we'll see... haha.
  • SirEdgarA
    183 posts
    edited November 2012
    There are no new update files, seems the updates were pre-downloaded as before and I seem to know what happens now kinda. The updates are stored in cache and when they day they are due to go live the downloading updates screen is simply them redownloading to the correct place, I'm assuming they are stored in cache before they go live so in the event that there is a server issue they are already on your device and they will just copy from cache to the game files.

There are no need files at the moment, but when any update screen appears in the future, I'll be sure to go through the files, I'm expecting the next update to come around Thanksgiving or just after. But for now there is nothing of interest currently.

Also it depends on if EA are going to try a different approach for game updates, since I've leaked them twice now but hopefully not and we'll see... haha.

xD , was hoping you'd give us some sort of update. Thanks for the thought :D
  • OuterHaven84
    104 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'll be sure to post anything when I know anything. I wish I knew how long the Channel6 news update was sitting on our devices, but I will assume that the next update will involve Christmas themes... Everyone here will be the first to know as soon as something happens. I won't be checking the game files every day but when that 'Update' screen pops up I'll be sure to extract any information.

Such a shame that the half the 'Holiday Updates' cost donuts especially for what they are this time just ballons that add nothing to your springfield other than decoration and you won't earn cash from them.
  • esenpi
    73 posts
    edited November 2012
    Youre the man!

I'll send you a friend invite in the game. Cauze ur cool! haha
  • tomilty
    14 posts
    edited November 2012

As since the Thanksgiving update today, the folders that were in the cache folder are now in the game folder.

But where exactly does it go after? I can't find the game files in anything other than the cache.

Plus, it's not like they're reading this. When was the last time a mod had posted in this forum?
  • SirEdgarA
    183 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'll be sure to post anything when I know anything. I wish I knew how long the Channel6 news update was sitting on our devices, but I will assume that the next update will involve Christmas themes... Everyone here will be the first to know as soon as something happens. I won't be checking the game files every day but when that 'Update' screen pops up I'll be sure to extract any information.

Such a shame that the half the 'Holiday Updates' cost donuts especially for what they are this time just ballons that add nothing to your springfield other than decoration and you won't earn cash from them.

I agree, it really has become something of a drag , though i have a feeling EA may not change it. They did have Raven Bart a donut price in which it really doesn't do much but just fly. Hopefully by Thanksgiving they will give us more content.
  • tomilty
    14 posts
    edited November 2012
    SirEdgarA wrote:

I agree, it really has become something of a drag , though i have a feeling EA may not change it. They did have Raven Bart a donut price in which it really doesn't do much but just fly. Hopefully by Thanksgiving they will give us more content.

I was dumb and I bought it. I wish I knew better...
  • OuterHaven84
    104 posts
    edited November 2012
    tomilty wrote:

Hmm before today's update to activate thanksgiving, I doubled clicked on Tapped Out.app and there were the same old halloweens things in dlc... I guess my working out was wrong. I hadn't checked the other dlc folder after the update. But I did set my clock to get the Thanksgiving update then to United States to get the 10 free donuts glitch, but have to wait to squish zombies at the moment as the game won't connect to the server when setting back to UK time at the moment. Bit of a pain.

But where exactly does it go after? I can't find the game files in anything other than the cache.

Plus, it's not like they're reading this. When was the last time a mod had posted in this forum?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!