EA Forums - Banner

Connection issues

I am seriously p****d off with with the game continuously losing connection, 4 or 5 times in just 5 minutes.
Can EA not even get this sorted or do they not even care.

Replies

• pigsick57 wrote: »
    I am seriously p****d off with with the game continuously losing connection, 4 or 5 times in just 5 minutes.

It's been happening for quite some time now and in all honesty I don't think that EA really want to spend anything more than that absolute minimum amount of time and money on this really old game.
  • wadebear
    3514 posts Member
    So it's not just me today. Yeah, kick outs happen to me all the time, but today's been really bad. Bart screen, log back in, Bart screen, log back in, Bart screen, log back in, Bart screen, log back in, Bart screen, log back in, Bart screen, log back in, Bart screen, log back in, Bart screen, log back in...
  • A lot of us here have gotten used to it, no use in contacting EA, they will blame it on you, your device, and your connection anyways. Posting in here is next to useless, since the powers that be will never officially respond in these forums anyways.
  • Welcome to the freemium game economy, you get what you pay for. Even if you do spend real world money, your experience won't change, so don't buy donuts thinking your connection will improve.
  • I'm finding the game extremely laggy since this update. Almost unplayable really.
  • The game keeps crashing on me today. I don’t seem to have trouble logging in, but after a couple seconds the game closes. My cache is clear, plenty of extra memory, WiFi connection strong... there’s no reason for it to happen.
  • wadebear
    3514 posts Member
    I keep getting kicked out of all 4 of my games on all 4 devices over and over. I'm gonna try changing connections and see if that has any affect. I'm currently on an AT&T connection, but I have a Verizon connection I can use.
  • I see everybody having problem I just use my data on my at&t and it works just fine yeah the normal crashes when visiting friends and the crash if I stay in for like 20 mins or longer but that's it I wonder what's the difference different servers different areas idk
  • wadebear
    3514 posts Member
    I switched over to my Verizon connection. I'm on with all 4 of my games for over 10 minutes and and I haven't been kicked out yet...
    Ok, I got interrupted by stuff in the game so it's been several minutes since I started this post. The kickouts started back. First it was my iPad game while I was tapping buildings in my other games, then my Galaxy game, then they all went out one after another. Still not as bad as with the AT&T connection where I was getting kicked out faster than I could restart the game and log back in.
    I wonder if the game servers are being hammered on by hackers again? Denial of service attacks are rampant with all these kids with nothing to do.
  • It doesn't matter if you are using your carrier's 4G connection, wifi, or even a VPN on top of your existing connection in the hopes of being router to a different EA server, you will still keep getting the Bart screen, and using to log in again. The only way to get EA's attention, and let them know your dissatisfaction is NOT to buy donuts. If you keep buying donuts, you are rewarding incompetence and failure.
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    pigsick57 wrote: »

It's been happening for quite some time now and in all honesty I don't think that EA really want to spend anything more than that absolute minimum amount of time and money on this really old game.

Very much in agreement!
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • Jonalinn
    1780 posts Member
    Welcome to the freemium game economy, you get what you pay for. Even if you do spend real world money, your experience won't change, so don't buy donuts thinking your connection will improve.

Back in the day I was spending quite a bit of real world cash on this game. What a complete waste.
    You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved
  • wadebear wrote: »
    So it's not just me today. Yeah, kick outs happen to me all the time, but today's been really bad. Bart screen, log back in, Bart screen, log back in, Bart screen, log back in, Bart screen, log back in, Bart screen, log back in, Bart screen, log back in, Bart screen, log back in, Bart screen, log back in...

The data would suggest it's the loging in that causes the Bart screens.
  • wadebear
    3514 posts Member
    The data would suggest it's the loging in that causes the Bart screens.
    Yuk, yuk, yuk. Hardy har har. :s
  • niahunt
    291 posts Member
    edited July 31
    Had nothing but the Bart Screen for the last few hours :/

Eventually managed to get in by playing on my “old” iPad...my newest device which is only 7 months old still gives me nothing but the Bart screen...sighs...........
  • Same same. I know it's been a problem for a while, but I haven't been kicked out this quickly and this regularly for some time. Very frustrating.
  • Even the EA Forums are not working properly white blank pages and glitches I can't even post pictures or videos anymore it's like an update to the forums I don't like it :disappointed: