8388 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Lost

Lloyd-Christmas-Cry-and-Gag-Dumb-and-Dumber.gif

Nuff said.
  • menace1211
    1677 posts
    edited August 2013
    Season one of Lost is pretty good, which sets you up for the disappointment which is the rest of the series. I have watched the entire thing from beginning to end and really had to force myself through the last two seasons.

Lost is not good. New characters are constantly introduced and as a result no one is really adequetely personified. The show relies heavily on mystery and the "unknown" but fails to deliver. Despite seeming so dense with meaning and symbolism, it's all flash and no substance. A bunch of meaningless stuff happens which is never adequetely explained. The show peters out as a cohesive narrative and sort of just turns into a bunch of things happening while failing to deliver closure in the form of answers about anything. They introduced dozens of mysteries and questions which are then never explored.

If you want to pop some popcorn and watch a mindless drama, Lost is for you.

Dude, you're kind of a downer for someone who is supposed to have a "soaring spirit"
  • iliketoannoyyou
    291 posts
    edited August 2013
    ha! I thought the same thing when I first saw the broken statue.

Ive probably watched the lost series at least 3 times. I might be due for another go around

I'm on 2 but I saw the first 4 seasons least 5/6 times lol :mrgreen:
    Such an amazing series specially for yanks :mrgreen:
    Shouldn't of made last 2 episodes really :?
  • HomerSwapMeet
    726 posts
    edited August 2013
    COLLAGE+LOSTIES.jpg
  • iliketoannoyyou
    291 posts
    edited August 2013
    Season one of Lost is pretty good, which sets you up for the disappointment which is the rest of the series. I have watched the entire thing from beginning to end and really had to force myself through the last two seasons.

Lost is not good. New characters are constantly introduced and as a result no one is really adequetely personified. The show relies heavily on mystery and the "unknown" but fails to deliver. Despite seeming so dense with meaning and symbolism, it's all flash and no substance. A bunch of meaningless stuff happens which is never adequetely explained. The show peters out as a cohesive narrative and sort of just turns into a bunch of things happening while failing to deliver closure in the form of answers about anything. They introduced dozens of mysteries and questions which are then never explored.

If you want to pop some popcorn and watch a mindless drama, Lost is for you.

Tell me these mysteries and questions that are never answered?
    Sounds to me like you didn't understand it and watching 2nd time round was twice as good (I guess it comes from learning from the first time round and understanding all the events that happen that make it more enjoyable to watch) but I won't argue that the last 2 series were not up to par with the predecessors, but it was also a disappointment that it was reduced to 6 seasons but if had been the full 8 then maybe 5/6 would of been better........
  • HomerSwapMeet
    726 posts
    edited August 2013
    lost_simpsons_mural_final.jpg
  • cvf007
    1078 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    The first season was the best season. I lost interest once Charlie was gone
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!