EA Forums - Banner

this F'ng update

Prev13
Same here. I was fine visiting my friends and when I went back to my Springfield, all I managed to do was free everybody from their 12hour jobs and POOF! I can't freaking login anymore. Sigh. So much for an update.

Replies

• cuttyshark69
    215 posts
    edited November 2012
    Is this the one via the App Store or the in game one?

I have just noticed the update sitting there in the store, but am VERY dubious about clicking it.
    Not only am I worried about the game crashing, but they will probably flog my donuts just like all my treats :evil:
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited November 2012
    It's the in game one. The app store update does nothing but update the startup screen so that it doesn't show the halloween one anymore. I must say I do like the new startup screen, NOW CAN I JUST PLAY MY GAME?!
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Is this the one via the App Store or the in game one?

I have just noticed the update sitting there in the store, but am VERY dubious about clicking it.
    Not only am I worried about the game crashing, but they will probably flog my donuts just like all my treats :evil:

I had issues at first with the App Store update, but all seems okay now for me. At midnight my time the Thanksgiving update just appeared in the game.

So far the only odd occurrence was getting a notification that Martin turned into a zombie. This was after it removed the zombies, and Martin is on a 12 hr task monitoring the halls in the school. lol
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    Considering that millions of people are playing this game and the servers have a tough time as it is keeping it stable, I'm not really surprised that during a global update transitional period things get worse. I've had it crash just as the crowd comes out of Kwik-E-Mart, losing all the XP and cash.

Give it a few days and it should be back to its more usual, only fairly regular crashing.
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited November 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    Considering that millions of people are playing this game and the servers have a tough time as it is keeping it stable, I'm not really surprised that during a global update transitional period things get worse. I've had it crash just as the crowd comes out of Kwik-E-Mart, losing all the XP and cash.

Give it a few days and it should be back to its more usual, only fairly regular crashing.

That's what I thought too and I certainly hope so as well. This crash is truly different from the usual in game crashes where you can just login again with no problems. It's just a little unsettling to see it crash like that. And I have no idea if it'll 'resolve' on its own or it needs a patch. O well, only time will tell.
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited November 2012
    . EA please do something
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    QCOuTLaWz wrote:
    ITWS BEEN 12HRS SINCE THE * UPDATE AND MY GAME STILL CONSTANTLY CRASHES AS SOON AS THE * DIALOGUE POPS WHEN I OPEN MY TOWN. EA I SWEAR TO GOD FIX YOUR * OR IM BOMBING YOUR HQ YOU **** IVE PUT MORE THAN 100 HRS ON THIS * * UNSTABLE GAME,EVERYTHING WAS FINE UNTIL THE LAST 2 * WEEKS OF YOUR **** HALLOWEEN UPDATE FIX THIS NONSENSE
    You do know that no one from EA comes here! We are all **** at this. But shouting wont get it fixed. Although I share your anger BTW. They get you addicted than cut you off.

Hopefully it is only temporary or I may have to go into Tapped out rehab :shock: :mrgreen:
  • DohMoe
    506 posts
    edited November 2012
    Didnt happen with me.
  • tvfnask
    60 posts
    edited November 2012
    rolybert7 wrote:
    Hopefully it is only temporary or I may have to go into Tapped out rehab :shock: :mrgreen:
    I need to sign up for that rehab soon. *sighs*
  • general003969
    265 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Love the new title screen! Bravo EA!

I havent had any problems at all
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited November 2012

Well this thread aint for you then. Me Im about to throw my * phone against a wall if these sorry * * overcharging us for * in-game currency cant launch a * update that works for everyone AND FIX ALL THESE * CONSTANT CRASHES GOING ON FOR MORE THAN A WEEK NOW.
  • tvfnask
    60 posts
    edited November 2012

What country are you in if you don't mind me asking?
  • JimmymBean
    73 posts
    edited November 2012
    QCOuTLaWz wrote:
    Is making my town crash in the beginning of the damn dialogue **** EA fix this game it gets worse days after days

works for me
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6381 posts Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Outlaw have you ever thought it might be due to the sheer size of your town and the insane house farm you got going on.
  • tvfnask
    60 posts
    edited November 2012
    Outlaw have you ever thought it might be due to the sheer size of your town and the insane house farm you got going on.
    Well, in his case it might but in my case I can guarantee you it's not. I have a really small town, with a modest farm consisting of only 11 brown houses.
  • edited November 2012
    Can't load the new update it just counts up to 52mb then goes back down to 49.9 really * me off why does EA always have bad updates!!?!
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited November 2012

Seeing how my town and the blue line of blue houses I use as a farm wasnt a problem before the god damn update that they forced me to download at 10pm yesterday I'd say the update is the problem
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited November 2012

Anyway this crap should NEVER happen. They make a * game where ou have to build a town with buildings/decorations ,they constantly update it with more content ,THEY CHARGE YOU FOR * In-GAME CURRENCY BUT NO YOU HAVE TO RESTRICT YOURSELF OTHERWISE YOURE STUCK IN A NEVER-ENDING LOOP OF LOG/CRASH/LOG/CRASH. Im starting to believe this game is nothing more than a * cash grab and a way to laugh at the customers
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    I had no issues with disconnects until last night. It happens for me as soon as I login, then randomly after that. I can't get over the fact that EA still has this issue.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    Can't load the new update it just counts up to 52mb then goes back down to 49.9 really * me off why does EA always have bad updates!!?!

Let it go, it will finish eventually.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.