EA Forums - Banner

Just unlocked the random civilians..

Prev1
ddashrock wrote:
A really cool addition to the park, but why not have this exist in regular Springfield? It would definitely feel more like a town..

That would be a cool feature to have in SF, but not without that 'find people' option or the ability to hand out tasks without having to find the specific person wandering around.

Replies

• Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited August 2013
    snarkmork wrote:
    ddashrock wrote:
    A really cool addition to the park, but why not have this exist in regular Springfield? It would definitely feel more like a town..

That would be a cool feature to have in SF, but not without that 'find people' option or the ability to hand out tasks without having to find the specific person wandering around.
    haha it would be like playing wheres wally (Waldo) :lol:
  • snarkmork
    399 posts
    edited August 2013
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:

Except with less fond childhood memories and a much higher frustration level.
  • RenegadeMoose
    308 posts
    edited August 2013
    snarkmork wrote:
    ddashrock wrote:

Exactly. I struggle enough trying to find Bart in Krustyland and my park isn't that big. Don't get me started on Krusty and the people wearing Krusty hats. Like people wearing striped shirts in "Where's Waldo?."
  • henn3001
    160 posts
    edited August 2013
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:

WO IST WALTER ?

:hunf: :mrgreen:
  • danbyization
    538 posts
    edited August 2013
    When do you get the random civillians in your park? Cus i havent got any :(
  • BouncyX
    114 posts
    edited August 2013
    When do you get the random civillians in your park? Cus i havent got any :(

you get your first 5 customers when you get your first point on the krusty-o-meter. and you get more the higher up you get on that meter.

i noticed they are random though, i only have 5 right now but its a different set of 5 each time i visit. so thats interesting...least i know its not the same 5 people stuck in there. :P
  • amuck10
    506 posts
    edited August 2013
    Should I be worried that I have a guy with a hatchet and a lady with a knife, but I don't have the souvenir shop yet?

It's bring your own pointy day at kl
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    I dont mind the customers wandering around right now, it does add life to KL, but once the park grows in size (and thus even more customers) its going to get really bloody hard keeping track of characters, remembering if they are SF or KL and then hunting them out amongst the randoms.
  • BouncyX
    114 posts
    edited August 2013
    I dont mind the customers wandering around right now, it does add life to KL, but once the park grows in size (and thus even more customers) its going to get really bloody hard keeping track of characters, remembering if they are SF or KL and then hunting them out amongst the randoms.

it seems your number of customers relate to your krustyland rating...i found this on another site, not sure how acurate it is yet but i have a rating of 1 and currently always have 5 patrons running around so there's some truth.

Rating Visitors
    0 0
    1 5
    2 10
    4 20
    5 30

so if thats true, it sounds like you'll never have more than 30 running around. but even if it goes higher, we play the game so often and recognize the simpsons characters so they will be pretty easy to spot. i guess those playing on their phones might have more trouble though....but anyone playing on tablets should be good.
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited August 2013
    BouncyX wrote:

it seems your number of customers relate to your krustyland rating...i found this on another site, not sure how acurate it is yet but i have a rating of 1 and currently always have 5 patrons running around so there's some truth.

Rating Visitors
    0 0
    1 5
    2 10
    4 20
    5 30

so if thats true, it sounds like you'll never have more than 30 running around. but even if it goes higher, we play the game so often and recognize the simpsons characters so they will be pretty easy to spot. i guess those playing on their phones might have more trouble though....but anyone playing on tablets should be good.

You should plot a girraph :P
    Wyxt1j2.jpg

• bananabailey
    62 posts
    edited August 2013
    It's hard enough to track down the playables mixed in with the random wanderers (Aztec guy, etc). I'm on a phone and it makes it a bit crazy to find small guys like Martin and Rod in a hurry. I don't need a crowd of idiots wandering in for kicks n giggles.
  • SplFrcsCWO
    33 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Has anyone noticed differences in payouts? If I tap a ticket that just appeared above a visitor, I get 3 tickets. If it's been overnight, or a long time since I last logged in, I get 5.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited August 2013
    ddashrock wrote:

As much as i see your point it would be a right mission to find our characters specially ones like Ralph etc :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Tiha24
    160 posts
    edited August 2013
    I was looking at my park visitors earlier and enjoying the randomness

"Oo woman with a knife, girl with a Krusty ice cream, guy that kinda looks like Kirk Van Houten, kid with a Krusty balloon, oh that one looks like Homer....oh right"

While I really like them, when it gets busier in KL I know that I'm going to miss characters lots.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited August 2013
    Tiha24 wrote:
    I was looking at my park visitors earlier and enjoying the randomness

"Oo woman with a knife, girl with a Krusty ice cream, guy that kinda looks like Kirk Van Houten, kid with a Krusty balloon, oh that one looks like Homer....oh right"

While I really like them, when it gets busier in KL I know that I'm going to miss characters lots.

I do like the fact they have given us these extra people wandering around, even with the few i have now i still find myself missing a couple of people when assigning them tasks and then noticing once back in my town oh crap i missed Kearney :lol: then you gotta go all the way back to KL.........it such a long bus ride 1wc01R2.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • Tawhid123
    716 posts
    edited August 2013
    I think this is a really cool idea, would love it even more if they randomly interacted with some of the decorations, such as go to sit on the benches for awhile and so on, but I think some sort of character locator has to be put in to the game first.
  • Shadiest_one
    607 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    SplFrcsCWO wrote:
    Has anyone noticed differences in payouts? If I tap a ticket that just appeared above a visitor, I get 3 tickets. If it's been overnight, or a long time since I last logged in, I get 5.
    The amount goes up every 4 hours
    Rating  Visitors
      0        0
      1        5
      2       10
      3       15
      4       20
      5       30

Randomly chosen jobs to perform
      Time  Reward
       4h    2 KT 
       8h    4 KT
      12h    6 KT
      16h    8 KT
      20h   10 KT
      24h   12 KT

• pantuflin007
    2747 posts
    edited August 2013
    ddashrock wrote:
    That'd be awesome. My Sf is so big and it's so deserted most of the time. I'd love more 24 hrs outdoor tasks. :-)
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited August 2013
    It's great!! Makes everything lively!!
  • deomegus
    595 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    its def harder to find your characters with the unknown people :?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.