EA Forums - Banner

Can't rotate the buildings

Hi! i am having a problem with rotating the buildings - it will rotate only once and that's it.
i want to place some store and buildings facing west rather than east - but it won't let me - if will rotate only South and East - how can i rotate them full cycle ?

Thanks
Greetings
Sims Kiefer

Replies

• You can't rotate the buildings to more than 2 sides. One facing south (or down); and one facing west (or left)... I also wanted it to be different, so you could put buildings back to back for example... but no such luck
  • > @Denisgarfield74 said:
    > You can't rotate the buildings to more than 2 sides. One facing south (or down); and one facing west (or left)... I also wanted it to be different, so you could put buildings back to back for example... but no such luck

What ?? :( it kinda killing the entire design - how come they didn't think of it ? i think it's basic
  • The game would be twice the size it is now, and it is already huge
  • > @1EllieG7294 said:
    > The game would be twice the size it is now, and it is already huge

why is that ? for adding a simple rotate button ?

secondly, the devices of today are quite huge in storage - 64GB to say the least therefore i would assume size doesn't matter here dont you think
  • They would have to have an image of the building, EVERY building, from all 4 directions, therefore doubling the number of images needed. Not everyone uses a new device and they still support older devices. Many many players still use an older device.
    Whether you agree or not, EA is not going to double the size of an 8 year old game and lose a lot of players.
  • Most of the buildings only rotate on two positions.

I don't know how you are doing with Springfield Heights, but they have parts of Classic Mansion for example that will go through all four positions.
    Which I find really strange as you only see a blank item with a little bit sticking out the side.

I have seen a thread somewhere about disguising the front of buildings, with trees for example, so it looks like they are facing away.
    It works well with the coloured houses.