EA Forums - Banner

OT- what's your talent?

14567810Next

Replies

• HawleyBDB
    1053 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    @amuck, thank you :) yeah would look spooky on a different style plinth, like the chessboard idea haha...

@tiger, Thank you, means a lot, yeah a few people have said they look quite disturbing.
    Ahhh your work is amazing :mrgreen: Really impressive, looks great... Have you done more?
    Username: KidHawley
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited August 2013
    HawleyBDB wrote:
    @amuck, thank you :) yeah would look spooky on a different style plinth, like the chessboard idea haha...

@tiger, Thank you, means a lot, yeah a few people have said they look quite disturbing.
    Ahhh your work is amazing :mrgreen: Really impressive, looks great... Have you done more?

Loads :oops:

Lots of my work is geishas and other oriental motifs, or tropical fish. I dont want to hijack the thread though and need to sortout imgur first

All of my life i have wanted to be able to draw but never could.....but with cross stitch (and item art in tsto :twisted: ) it is just maths!!

• sony1319
    936 posts
    edited August 2013
    Here are my talents it's all related to art

First painting

ZcoZIpS.jpg
    ME8beHY.jpg
    2OK69Gy.jpg
    Tdumga0.jpg
    9aQud31.jpg

Second knitting ( I'm only 30 but i loved that :D )

xbcIpwq.jpg
    vKRsQRP.jpg
    93TB6oC.jpg
    1xeO3HQ.jpg
    UFjbU1m.jpg

And doing art in SF

11KECZw.jpg
    st61PtL.jpg
    3mvlL6G.jpg
    idGGRPO.jpg
    nyyayma.jpg
  • tiger10036778
    842 posts
    edited August 2013
    Loving your work sony :D I am thinking you might like manga? I envy your knitting..... cross stitch tends to be 2D !!!

If you could do a silhouette you could do it as item art with snapdragons!!!...... or I could :twisted:
  • sony1319
    936 posts
    edited August 2013
    Loving your work sony :D I am thinking you might like manga? I envy your knitting..... cross stitch tends to be 2D !!!

If you could do a silhouette you could do it as item art with snapdragons!!!...... or I could :twisted:

Not all manga but some yes. Knitting is easier that what people think I'm sure almost anybody could learn in less than 1 week. :)
  • sony1319
    936 posts
    edited August 2013
    I forgot to say that i draw all my tattoos currently i have 16 :D

4GKajbz.jpg
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Sony1319 WoW! just wow with all the art work and the kitting and the tats :lol: All very impressive :thumbup:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • sony1319
    936 posts
    edited August 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Sony1319 WoW! just wow with all the art work and the kitting and the tats :lol: All very impressive :thumbup:

Thanks ! :mrgreen:
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited August 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

+1

Loving the tats :thumbup:
  • paulzuk
    407 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    HawleyBDB wrote:
    Thought I would show you some of my artwork if anyone is interested here it is...

My work is about isolation and documentation of my own thoughts and feelings.
    This work took a year to make and is made from clay.
    The figures represent the isolation, and the decorations on the figures represent the thoughts and feeling I had at the time of making that individual figure.
    I made about 300 altogether but picked the best ones for my final piece.

The work was shown at my degree exhibition summertime 2012

Here's a couple of pre exhibition pics.

So there's my artwork hope you like it :)

Wow, the level of symbolism is outstanding. Each figure representing different parts of you as well as the mood when you created one. The impact of seeing them all stood together in the exhibition room must have been powerful. I would imagine they command a presence that draws a person to observe them. Even in their mute silence, they shout for attention. This I find interesting, considering they are partly about isolation.

Also, they do remind me of Egyptian Ushabti. As well, in their position I saw the Terricota Army. Whether this was intentional or not, it adds an air of mystery to them as a result.
  • sony1319
    936 posts
    edited August 2013
    mpwarner wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

+1

Loving the tats :thumbup:

Thanks! :D
  • Bart-man5674
    1633 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    I can touch my nose with my tung even if I'm drunk neo
  • HawleyBDB
    1053 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    paulzuk wrote:
    HawleyBDB wrote:
    Thought I would show you some of my artwork if anyone is interested here it is...

My work is about isolation and documentation of my own thoughts and feelings.
    This work took a year to make and is made from clay.
    The figures represent the isolation, and the decorations on the figures represent the thoughts and feeling I had at the time of making that individual figure.
    I made about 300 altogether but picked the best ones for my final piece.

The work was shown at my degree exhibition summertime 2012

Here's a couple of pre exhibition pics.

So there's my artwork hope you like it :)

Wow, the level of symbolism is outstanding. Each figure representing different parts of you as well as the mood when you created one. The impact of seeing them all stood together in the exhibition room must have been powerful. I would imagine they command a presence that draws a person to observe them. Even in their mute silence, they shout for attention. This I find interesting, considering they are partly about isolation.

Also, they do remind me of Egyptian Ushabti. As well, in their position I saw the Terricota Army. Whether this was intentional or not, it adds an air of mystery to them as a result.

Ahhh man, THANK YOU so much for the comments :mrgreen:
    Yeah there was something quite powerful seeing them on the plinth when it was exhibited. You don't get that from the last pic, but it seemed quite eerie at first look.
    I wanted the viewer to interact with the piece and find stories through the decorations. I wanted people to be able to feel their own emotions through the piece and relate to them.
    One of the reason I had them shown close to the floor was so the viewer had to look close to find the stories.

Yeah I found a lot of inspiration through looking at the Terracotta Army... I also looked at Grayson Perry just because of his ceramic work.. Also Anthony Gormley because of his figurative sculptures :D

Thanks again :mrgreen:
    Username: KidHawley
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    I can touch my nose with my tung even if I'm drunk neo

So it not just a party trick then 1wc01R2.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • pantuflin007
    2747 posts New member
    edited August 2013
    sony1319 wrote:
    Here are my talents it's all related to art

First painting

ZcoZIpS.jpg
    ME8beHY.jpg
    2OK69Gy.jpg
    Tdumga0.jpg
    9aQud31.jpg

Second knitting ( I'm only 30 but i loved that :D )

xbcIpwq.jpg
    vKRsQRP.jpg
    93TB6oC.jpg
    1xeO3HQ.jpg
    UFjbU1m.jpg

And doing art in SF

11KECZw.jpg
    st61PtL.jpg
    3mvlL6G.jpg
    idGGRPO.jpg
    nyyayma.jpg
    Is your son in the first picture?
    Wow, you also knit. The figures are so funny. You really have in you the peace of an artist to be able to do all that. :P
  • sony1319
    936 posts
    edited August 2013
    The second pic of knitting the hockey player, the pic on the left of the head it's a school picture. :D
  • pantuflin007
    2747 posts New member
    edited August 2013
    sony1319 wrote:
    The second pic of knitting the hockey player, the pic on the left of the head it's a school picture. :D
    He's handsome. You are so lucky.
    You tattoos are amazing. I don't have any, but I wouldn't mind a small one. :D
    Are you planning on having some more tattoos?
  • sony1319
    936 posts
    edited August 2013
    sony1319 wrote:
    He's handsome. You are so lucky.
    You tattoos are amazing. I don't have any, but I wouldn't mind a small one. :D
    Are you planning on having some more tattoos?

Thank you! Yes i want more tattoos i love tattoos :D
  • amuck10
    506 posts
    edited August 2013
    I hear tats are addictive says the guy saving up for another...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.