EA Forums - Banner

OT- what's your talent?

Replies

• emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited August 2013

Apart from that, my talents are confined to the bedroom as I am quite adept at building a bed, as long as it is from Ikea. Oddly, my bed was not bought from Ikea. I mean seriously, a person with my talents does not sleep in a bed from Ikea. :roll:

Your not a cowboy chippie by any chance are you? Lol
  • paulzuk
    407 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    subii42 wrote:
    We would have to interrogate the partners for that sort of assumption :)

I am both shocked and appalled that you don't believe the word of a complete stranger on the internet. At least you had the good sense to say partners instead of partner. :lol:

subii42 wrote:
    paulzuk wrote:
    My talents are confined to the bedroom as I am quite adept at building a bed, as long as it is from Ikea. Oddly, my bed was not bought from Ikea. I mean seriously, a person with my talents does not sleep in a bed from Ikea. :roll:

And here was me thinking your ace at the ol' bedroom gymnastics
    It remains to be seen which of the two talents possible mates would be interested in the most. :P

I make wicked French Toast. So, I give good breakfast in bed. :wink:
  • subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited August 2013
    Touche
  • paulzuk
    407 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Apart from that, my talents are confined to the bedroom as I am quite adept at building a bed, as long as it is from Ikea. Oddly, my bed was not bought from Ikea. I mean seriously, a person with my talents does not sleep in a bed from Ikea. :roll:

Mmm, in the UK a chippie is a fish and chip shop. However, I assume you mean a cowboy builder? If so, I'm afraid not. I am the opposite of a builder, I destroy. An old Jewish lady I worked with once told me there are 2 types of people in the world. These are schmiels and schmazels. Schmiels cause accidents wherever they go, yet remain unscathed. Whereas schmazels usually get in an accident, most likely caused by the schmiel. Apparently, I am a schmiel. :wink:

subii42 wrote:
    Touche

:wink::)

EDIT:added quote.
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited August 2013
    Be incredibly lazy and not be ashamed?
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    ecneralc wrote:
    I can sing horribly off key and dance like this

ZB0F5SD.gif

I don't appreciate you showing gifs of me on the Internet it's embarrassing hahah
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    bee88161 wrote:
    ecneralc wrote:

ZB0F5SD.gif

I don't appreciate you showing gifs of me on the Internet it's embarrassing hahah

Man. What you smokin? Lol
  • grannybern14
    385 posts
    edited August 2013
    I'm an awesome cook. I could make dirt taste good, if you wanted to eat dirt.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    paulzuk wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:

Mmm, in the UK a chippie is a fish and chip shop. However, I assume you mean a cowboy builder? If so, I'm afraid not. I am the opposite of a builder, I destroy. An old Jewish lady I worked with once told me there are 2 types of people in the world. These are schmiels and schmazels. Schmiels cause accidents wherever they go, yet remain unscathed. Whereas schmazels usually get in an accident, most likely caused by the schmiel. Apparently, I am a schmiel. :wink:

subii42 wrote:
    Touche

:wink::)

EDIT:added quote.

Well iam a stripper.
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    bee88161 wrote:
    ecneralc wrote:

ZB0F5SD.gif

Man. What you smokin? Lol

The best kind of stuff :lol: go hard or go home haha
  • paulzuk
    407 posts Member
    edited August 2013

It's bad enough that you're from Lancaster. You have plenty to be ashamed about. :wink::lol:

Don't feel bad, my mother is from Westhoughton, near Bolton, home of the "cayeads". If you don't know the story, it involved a Westhoughton farmer who found one of his cows had somehow got its head stuck in the fence that surrounded the field. To solve the problem, he cut off the cows head (cayead). Now, it can be argued that the fence was worth more than the cow, so the farmer was smart after all. Either way, that is the most interesting story I can share concerning my heritage. How humiliating is that? :wink:

@emmcee. I assume you are telling me you are a stripper and typo'd you're reply in the quote. If so, the forum demands proof of your stripping talents. :wink:
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    paulzuk wrote:

It's bad enough that you're from Lancaster. You have plenty to be ashamed about. :wink::lol:

Don't feel bad, my mother is from Westhoughton, near Bolton, home of the "cayeads". If you don't know the story, it involved a Westhoughton farmer who found one of his cows had somehow got its head stuck in the fence that surrounded the field. To solve the problem, he cut off the cows head (cayead). Now, it can be argued that the fence was worth more than the cow, so the farmer was smart after all. Either way, that is the most interesting story I can share concerning my heritage. How humiliating is that? :wink:

@emmcee. I assume you are telling me you are a stripper and typo'd you're reply in the quote. If so, the forum demands proof of your stripping talents. :wink:

Lmao, fair enough

Iam a formwork stripper this is what my day job is, strip what carpenters make. This is called drop stripping, where you remove all frames and back props and excess timber and leave it all resting on one prop and bearer. Stand back and hit it with a long bearer and watch it all fall. Highly illegal in the industry, but fast as hell. Just spend the next 3 hrs de nailing and stacking materials.
  • amuck10
    506 posts
    edited August 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    paulzuk wrote:

Lmao, fair enough

Iam a formwork stripper this is what my day job is, strip what carpenters make. This is called drop stripping, where you remove all frames and back props and excess timber and leave it all resting on one prop and bearer. Stand back and hit it with a long bearer and watch it all fall. Highly illegal in the industry, but fast as hell. Just spend the next 3 hrs de nailing and stacking materials.

Nice. I've done that on person projects and once had someone do it to a raised deck I was standing on at the time.

Lets see... My talents. I'm real good a breaking stuff. I mean real good.
    I can read drunk. 500+ novels in the past two years.
    I can fix almost anything, provided that I wasn't the one who broke it of course.
    I have a phenomenal success rate in transplanting "acquired bamboo"
    Good at making random yard art and paving my yard.
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited August 2013
    paulzuk wrote:

Not cool dude, not cool! :P I'm sure the cow wasn't too happy about that though, my mum's is from Bolton! Lancaster is brilliant! Home of the stupidly expensive bus fares and poor weather!
  • paulzuk
    407 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:

ROFLMAO! Brilliant. :lol: That job looks awesome, I would do it for free.

Despite the hilarious reply, I'm disappointed somehow. You see, I think you would find more success as a stripper stripper. You could earn two wages at once. You could perform for the crowd and destroy things at the same time. Win win.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Yeah man I've seen some decks collapse with people on it and I've seen some pretty bad stuff to out on site. But my best would be stripping out a shopping centre carpark and had literally about 200m of beam side to pull down, got it all in one go. The noise let alone the dust was phenomenal. But iam also basically a carpenter just boss is to tight to pay for my ticket, a bloke worth 50 mil a yr and is to tight. But anyway I've built lift shafts on hydraulic jump forms and stairwells on hydraulic climb tracks, erect frames, put up timbers, lay sheets, cut in. That sort of stuff.
  • edited August 2013
    Lol! WOW! This conversation went off a cliff REAL quick!! :lol:
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    paulzuk wrote:

Mmm, in the UK a chippie is a fish and chip shop.

Here, a chippie is a prostitute. When he said "cowboy chippie" my first thought was of Midnight Cowboy.
    An old Jewish lady I worked with once told me there are 2 types of people in the world. These are schmiels and schmazels.

Shlemiel and shlamazel.
  • paulzuk
    407 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    paulzuk wrote:

Not cool dude, not cool! :P I'm sure the cow wasn't too happy about that though, my mum's is from Bolton! Lancaster is brilliant! Home of the stupidly expensive bus fares and poor weather!

:lol: Oddly, the cow was not available for comment. Sounds like a conspiracy to me.

Actually, I love Lancaster and have been there a few times. From my perspective, it's the gateway to the Lake District. I'm in Saddleworth, so I know all about poor weather. :wink:
  • subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited August 2013
    A chippie is def where i get my fish supper fae
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.