EA Forums - Banner

OT- what's your talent?

Replies

  • tobypine2
    292 posts
    edited August 2013
    tobypine2 wrote:
    I can bake. Cakes, cookies anything in an oven.


    And hopping bar stools across the floor. Lost the video to that one. Don't think about posting a gif, Neo :P

    MMMMMM...can I come to your house for a snack?


    Sure :). Matter of fact have cinnamon zucchini bread cooling now

  • amuck10
    506 posts
    edited August 2013
    I am good at breeding animals (my job) but as a hobby I usually ride motorbikes.
    <a href="http://s830.photobucket.com/user/animal6957/media/IMG_0519.jpg.html&quot; target="_blank"><img src="http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz229/animal6957/IMG_0519.jpg&quot; /></a>

    Sweet ride.

    What kind of animals? Big difference between small cats and big ones. Or plow vs race horses. Or etc...
  • menace1211
    1677 posts
    edited August 2013
    I am good at breeding animals (my job) but as a hobby I usually ride motorbikes.
    <a href="http://s830.photobucket.com/user/animal6957/media/IMG_0519.jpg.html&quot; target="_blank"><img src="http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz229/animal6957/IMG_0519.jpg&quot; /></a>

    That bike is sweet!

    I can design you a beautiful garden!

    Gb62Y8Z.jpg

    eOZuFWZ.jpg

    iK6COgp.jpg



  • amuck10
    506 posts
    edited August 2013
    Nice garden. What aspects did you do? I know not many landscapers also build pools, but I have met a few. You have to love the broad leafs that grow in areas that don't suffer hard freezes. Any cool bamboo clumps/ work?
  • menace1211
    1677 posts
    edited August 2013
    amuck10 wrote:
    Nice garden. What aspects did you do? I know not many landscapers also build pools, but I have met a few. You have to love the broad leafs that grow in areas that don't suffer hard freezes. Any cool bamboo clumps/ work?

    Thanks. I just do the design then work with the various contractors and the homeowner on supervising the implementation. Luckily in Northern California (where I live) we have a lot of broad leaves that work here. There is a variety of bamboo I love called 'Alphonse Karr' that is a great clumping type. Black bamboo does great here, but you have to put it in a pot or it will go crazy.
  • jwlizard76
    851 posts
    edited August 2013
    You crack me up, but would it offend you if I call you bill cat?
  • pantuflin007
    2747 posts New member
    edited August 2013
    I am good at breeding animals (my job) but as a hobby I usually ride motorbikes.
    <a href="http://s830.photobucket.com/user/animal6957/media/IMG_0519.jpg.html&quot; target="_blank"><img src="http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz229/animal6957/IMG_0519.jpg&quot; /></a>
    OMG, this bike looks just like mine though mine is a Kawasaki.
    I love it. :D
  • amuck10
    506 posts
    edited August 2013
    menace1211 wrote:
    amuck10 wrote:
    Nice garden. What aspects did you do? I know not many landscapers also build pools, but I have met a few. You have to love the broad leafs that grow in areas that don't suffer hard freezes. Any cool bamboo clumps/ work?

    Thanks. I just do the design then work with the various contractors and the homeowner on supervising the implementation. Luckily in Northern California (where I live) we have a lot of broad leaves that work here. There is a variety of bamboo I love called 'Alphonse Karr' that is a great clumping type. Black bamboo does great here, but you have to put it in a pot or it will go crazy.

    Which type of **** bamboo? I know whet the clumping runner can do, which is why it's in a sailboat planter. But what I have only gets an inch diameter and I have seen three inch dia black farther south in fl. I have over 50 clumps of Wong chuck that only cost me gas money and two digging chainsaws. Soaker hoses, real dirt, etc. unfortunately while I have over 20 types I know the real names of very few. Mostly they are called " dug up behind abandoned trailer at x" or " crazy lady living at x said I could have as much as I could take" ... I took it all lol. Mostly crumpets and some of them rare but against my back fence line I planted sheet metal and a scary runner thatnismalready heading into the neighbors across the street. And they looked at me like I was crazy when I was planting sheets of tin lol.
    ... I think I'm a bad neighbor lol
  • amuck10
    506 posts
    edited August 2013
    The only one I want that i don't have that will survive where I live is giant timber. I would so love to get the 8 inch bamboo that you can make mini kegs out of but it would just die. Giant timber would be fun enough. Make a mock Gillian's island set up in my yard. Just need to find a junk boat shaped like the minnow.

    Yeah... Thankfully my fence line is very overgrown so the neighbors don't have to see to much of my madness lol. Doesn't everybody who owns labs have a doggie bunker?
  • menace1211
    1677 posts
    edited August 2013
    amuck10 wrote:
    menace1211 wrote:
    amuck10 wrote:
    Nice garden. What aspects did you do? I know not many landscapers also build pools, but I have met a few. You have to love the broad leafs that grow in areas that don't suffer hard freezes. Any cool bamboo clumps/ work?

    Thanks. I just do the design then work with the various contractors and the homeowner on supervising the implementation. Luckily in Northern California (where I live) we have a lot of broad leaves that work here. There is a variety of bamboo I love called 'Alphonse Karr' that is a great clumping type. Black bamboo does great here, but you have to put it in a pot or it will go crazy.

    Which type of **** bamboo? I know whet the clumping runner can do, which is why it's in a sailboat planter. But what I have only gets an inch diameter and I have seen three inch dia black farther south in fl. I have over 50 clumps of Wong chuck that only cost me gas money and two digging chainsaws. Soaker hoses, real dirt, etc. unfortunately while I have over 20 types I know the real names of very few. Mostly they are called " dug up behind abandoned trailer at x" or " crazy lady living at x said I could have as much as I could take" ... I took it all lol. Mostly crumpets and some of them rare but against my back fence line I planted sheet metal and a scary runner thatnismalready heading into the neighbors across the street. And they looked at me like I was crazy when I was planting sheets of tin lol.
    ... I think I'm a bad neighbor lol

    I've only seen one type of black bamboo in this area, Phyllostachys nigra, and it is definitely a runner. I know bamboo does awesome in Florida. By the way, if you planted tin foil that qualifies you as a good neighbor. I've told clients what horrible neighbors they will become if they plant runners for a screen without some form of containment. If you want another few types of clumpers, try timber bamboo or Mexican weeping. Timber makes a really cool tree like bamboo. The Mexican weeping is gorgeous.
  • LuciiTigger14
    1769 posts
    edited August 2013
    I am good at breeding animals (my job) but as a hobby I usually ride motorbikes

    Lol I read that as 'I am good at bleeding animals' lol :oops:
  • jwlizard76
    851 posts
    edited August 2013
    I can touch my forehead with my big toe behind my back. Is that a talent or a resume?
  • menace1211
    1677 posts
    edited August 2013
    jwlizard76 wrote:
    I can touch my forehead with my big toe behind my back. Is that a talent or a resume?

    I think I just pulled 4 muscles trying to picture that.
  • menace1211
    1677 posts
    edited August 2013
    So Amuck, you were posting about the timber same time I was! Great minds thinking alike in action! How cold does it get where you live?
  • pantuflin007
    2747 posts New member
    edited August 2013
    menace1211 wrote:
    jwlizard76 wrote:
    I can touch my forehead with my big toe behind my back. Is that a talent or a resume?

    I think I just pulled 4 muscles trying to picture that.
    Haha, and I fell off the chair imagining you pulling you muscles.
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    jwlizard76 wrote:
    I can touch my forehead with my big toe behind my back. Is that a talent or a resume?

    I'll say that's a talent considering all my talents are similar haha
  • menace1211
    1677 posts
    edited August 2013
    I am good at breeding animals (my job) but as a hobby I usually ride motorbikes

    Lol I read that as 'I am good at bleeding animals' lol :oops:

    That's even more funny considering we all know that is YOUR special talent!
  • LuciiTigger14
    1769 posts
    edited August 2013
    menace1211 wrote:
    I am good at breeding animals (my job) but as a hobby I usually ride motorbikes

    Lol I read that as 'I am good at bleeding animals' lol :oops:

    That's even more funny considering we all know that is YOUR special talent!

    Yeah, for a minute I thought there was someone on here that would truly understand me! :(
  • pantuflin007
    2747 posts New member
    edited August 2013
    menace1211 wrote:
    I am good at breeding animals (my job) but as a hobby I usually ride motorbikes

    Lol I read that as 'I am good at bleeding animals' lol :oops:

    That's even more funny considering we all know that is YOUR special talent!

    Yeah, for a minute I thought there was someone on here that would truly understand me! :(
    I think that menace and I truly understand you. We are synched. I discovered he voted for your town hall too. :D
  • jwlizard76
    851 posts
    edited August 2013
    menace1211 wrote:
    I am good at breeding animals (my job) but as a hobby I usually ride motorbikes

    Lol I read that as 'I am good at bleeding animals' lol :oops:

    That's even more funny considering we all know that is YOUR special talent!

    Yeah, for a minute I thought there was someone on here that would truly understand me! :(

    No one understands you. You are unique.
    You must go to th Degaba system...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.