EA Forums - Banner

Deregister iPad and switch user.

I thought the upgrade might happen last year but it was this year instead.

The old one, which was shared, needs to be wiped clean as it is linked to someone else's iTunes account.
Apparently, this will delete all stored info and apps, even free ones.

But as I play logged in, not anonymously, my town would be on the servers anyway.
And it should be fairly easy and simple to get back in. Correct???

Am I likely to need my Mayhem ID, because I think when I was trying to find that, the app kept crashing.

Though with everything going on at the moment this is not a priority.

Any help or advice gratefully appreciated.

Replies

• Your town is on the servers, I switch between playing on an iPad and an Android phone without issues.
  • KLmaker
    1435 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    @docmorrissey
    As I thought, should not be a problem as it's normal, but just wanted to make sure.
  • I have transferred my Springfield over from an old iPad to a new one without problem.

The only problem I can see is when there are updates from the App Store, you mentioned that the account is linked to someone else’s iTunes,Is the App Store in their account name also?
  • niahunt wrote: »
    I have transferred my Springfield over from an old iPad to a new one without problem.

The only problem I can see is when there are updates from the App Store, you mentioned that the account is linked to someone else’s iTunes,Is the App Store in their account name also?

That isn't a problem either, as the app installation and saved game are two completely separate entities. If you set up a new iPad with a new Apple ID, that will allow installation and updates from the App Store. When you run the app, just login with your EA account and it will synchronise the game data to the device.

Any in App purchases will then be handled through the game using the Apple account it has been installed with on that device. The fact that it was originally on another device/account will not have any impact on it ... I used to run the same game on both my personal and work iPads, using two separate Apple IDs without any difficulty. Now I run that same game on an Android phone.

Never needed the Mayhem ID, just the same login and password I use here on the forum.

• Just make sure you know your game user name and password BEFORE you wipe the old iPad. :s
  • KLmaker
    1435 posts Member
    edited January 2
    niahunt wrote: »
    ...you mentioned that the account is linked to someone else’s iTunes,Is the App Store in their account name also?

Yes, but it will all be deleted.
    wadebear wrote: »
    Just make sure you know your game user name and password BEFORE you wipe the old iPad. :s

I know it off by heart, what does that say about my usage. :):):)
    Post edited by KLmaker on