EA Forums - Banner

Warning: "Make Springfielders Chase Moses With Pitchforks" is a Visible task

wadebear
3944 posts Member
edited December 2020
That's right, the silly people finally got their wish. EA made the "Chase _____ with pitchforks" task visible instead of having them all gather up in a Brown House like they have for lo these many years.
So about halfway through tapping all the characters into the task my games bogged down so badly that they weren't even going on task - tapping did nothing. "What the bleep is going on? Why aren't all these characters going to a Brown House? It looks like they're all dancing!"
My games are so bogged down I can't even build my KEM farm. Even on my most powerful device - the iPad Mini - I'm bogged down so much I can barely scroll around town.
So only send the minimum you need to do this task - 10 characters. Otherwise you'll be bogged down like me.
Oh, and the worst part? They don't even have pitchforks.

Replies

• Half of my town are running around. The rest are standing in one spot, going left and right quickly.
  • LOL. I thought this was going to be a warning for people with religious 'sensitivities'.
  • My phone basically stopped functioning in the game after 1 sent 480 characters on this task. The next day I had a town full of characters twitching and twisting back and forth. Thought I was in a Stephen King game. It took an hour to clear the poor spastic creatures. Had to put em all down. Thought I might have to let the triffids out.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • Glad it wasn't just me. I let them unoccupied overnight once the 10 were after Moses
  • I only sent 12 characters on the task so wasn't a problem, but it's a pity that they don't actually have pitchforks.
  • A better animation would be to have them run from building to building, each one released a set time after the other. The destination building would be picked by the character they're chasing.
  • Worst task ever!
  • johncolombo
    11384 posts Senior Moderator
    Willy9292 wrote: »
    My phone basically stopped functioning in the game after 1 sent 480 characters on this task. The next day I had a town full of characters twitching and twisting back and forth. Thought I was in a Stephen King game. It took an hour to clear the poor spastic creatures. Had to put em all down. Thought I might have to let the triffids out.

:D
    I saw this in my game too but I forgot what task made them do that. I'd love it as a permanent task as I always use the zombie sandwich and send kids trick or treating. Fits perfectly.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • KLmaker
    1435 posts Member
    Had this a couple of days ago and had to do it as getting 3 ticket Challenges is getting challenging, they're either 1 or 2.
    They're running really fast but skipping steps or fitting on the spot.
    Had loads of jobs to collect so made sure I did them first, cleared up straight away as soon as last one was done.
  • frosted1414
    2460 posts Member
    edited January 4
    KLmaker wrote: »
    Had this a couple of days ago and had to do it as getting 3 ticket Challenges is getting challenging, they're either 1 or 2.
    Had loads of jobs to collect so made sure I did them first, cleared up straight away as soon as last one was done.

You can X those 1 ticketers
    14lvcqg8qvxe.jpg
    When in Doubt, Release The Hounds.
  • KLmaker
    1435 posts Member
    KLmaker wrote: »

You can X those 1 ticketers
    14lvcqg8qvxe.jpg

I have, and another 1 ticketer comes in behind it, X that one 24 hours later and I get another 1 ticketer behind that.
    I cannot remember what my limit is, is it three or four 1 ticketers in a row.
  • rw228
    1055 posts Member
    It’s visual but they don’t actually have pitch forks when chasing.
  • crystal_do450
    232 posts Member
    edited January 7
    My phone is still bogged down even after finishing that task and moving on. Nothing I do is clearing it up. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it's been reinstalling for 20 minutes so far. Has anyone else had this happen where it's still bogged after the task? How did you fix it?

EDIT- 6 minutes later it has finally finished reinstalling and I am still bogged down. Nothing I do is working. Help!!

EDIT #2- OMG I figured it out. I can never send my people on a mass 4 hour task ever again. It sent them on the pitchfork task!!!!!
  • EDIT #2- OMG I figured it out. I can never send my people on a mass 4 hour task ever again. It sent them on the pitchfork task!!!!!

Just avoid it till the end of the event, the pitchfork task should disappear after that and you'll be okay to use the unemployment office again.
  • KLmaker
    1435 posts Member
    If you have Krustyland in your town and the rides are continuously running even with no one in them, that can do it. Mine is now stored.

If you have I&SL in your town, that definitely causes it. Mine is stored.

The Recycling Depots have caused it for some, mine did, it magically just cleared up one night for no reason, I can't remember how long ago.

So I just dealt with the pitchfork one accordingly.