My Junkyard

Prev1
Looks awesome bro :D
Makes me wish I kept my debris... As always great work man :mrgreen:

Replies

• LuciiTigger14
    1769 posts
    edited August 2013
    I like the combination of different shrubs around it, makes it look like different kinds of weeds etc.
    the grass hopper should be very happy for a while lol, I've also been wondering what those hail ants signs were from? I don't remember them.

Great job tho! :D
  • amuck10
    506 posts
    edited August 2013
    I'd have everything outside the fence piled up in front of the gate as if someone was backing up a truck and dumping at night.

Doesn't the junk car have a task where Nelson can shoot it with a BB gun? I might put that just outside the gate as well.

Inside the fence looks like a great recycling center.
  • snarkmork
    399 posts
    edited August 2013
    I like the bushes and shrubs around the fence because it looks like they did a bad mowing job and didn't bother to mow carefully around the fence because that's more work. I usually see this in real life on properties that are maintained by the city or the council :lol:.

What I dislike is how ordered everything is, especially all in a row. While it does make sense that similar things are grouped together (especially if your Springfield recycles :wink: ), no one in real life would do it like this in a row. More sorted in patches with a bit of mix-up when something ended up in the wrong area.
    Personally I wouldn't put up so many stop signs at the gate as it looks unrealistic, but that's a matter of opinion I guess. Also, a tad less debris outside the fence maybe?

But I like the junk car and the grasshoppers :D.
  • snarkmork
    399 posts
    edited August 2013
    I like the combination of different shrubs around it, makes it look like different kinds of weeds etc.
    the grass hopper should be very happy for a while lol, I've also been wondering what those hail ants signs were from? I don't remember them.

Great job tho! :D

I think the hail ants were from when Homer went to Space. There was something with an ant close to the camera from the space station and Kent Brockman thought that they were huge, alien ant invaders. He put up the sign in his studio to welcome the ant invaders so that they would spare his life.
  • edited August 2013
    It looks good except it looks slightly too uniform for a junk yard maybe mix it up a bit as if people haven't been bothered with it
  • gerrardjbuck
    174 posts
    edited August 2013
    I cant stop thinking all that money that debris would give...

Also don't you get donuts if you clear every bit of debris?
  • amuck10
    506 posts
    edited August 2013
    I don't think it is that much cash. You can sometimes get donuts from cleaning up debris. It's random though, not upon cleaning every bit. I think I got around 9-10 donuts while cleaning up every piece of debris except one.
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited August 2013
    Excellent thanks guys! Will take away a couple of the stop signs, lighten up on the debris on the outside (and maybe put some more shrubs there to enhance the careless mowing feel ), leave a big clump of some of the debris outside the entrance and drastically mix up the debris inside the fencing. I'm thinking that I will leave the car inside though because I have one outside Nelson's house. :P:lol:

null_zps8c3380e3.png
    I cant stop thinking all that money that debris would give...

Also don't you get donuts if you clear every bit of debris?

I've just finished buying all the land and my multiplier is upwards of 200% so cash is no issue. As for the donuts..

null_zps1e5ab0cc.gif

:lol::lol:

Thanks again guys, I'll make those changes tomorrow and post my results. Debris (especially that much of it) takes too long to move around so I can't be bothered right now haha. Plus I'm tired, will probably hit the hay shortly (not a word Lucii! ;))

• pantuflin007
    2747 posts
    edited August 2013
    It looks awesome. I do agree with Sparky about the stop signs. Good job Jay! And I do like the car in there. :D
  • danbyization
    538 posts
    edited August 2013
    Apologies for the pano. It's a little tricky on iPhone.

I tried making a pno on my ipod last night and it failed lol i wish that on that photmess app you could zoom inor out or have the screens scroll.

It would be a big help.
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Love it, shame I have no debris lol
  • pantuflin007
    2747 posts
    edited August 2013
    dominic115 wrote:
    You've changed your avatar dominic. It's looking good. :D
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    dominic115 wrote:

Just to get ready for the game :D
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited August 2013

I tried making a pno on my ipod last night and it failed lol i wish that on that photmess app you could zoom inor out or have the screens scroll.

It would be a big help.

You can zoom in on individual photos, the same way you would zoom in on photos from the Camera Roll. But it's way too sensitive. I would go crazy trying to make a complete pano of my town!!

@Pantu thanks hun! Who's awesome? You're awesome :D

@dominic If we get more land make sure you save it :) With the limited amount of decorations the games given us, debris adds a bit of variety :D edit: BEST. MOVIES. EVER.
  • LuciiTigger14
    1769 posts
    edited August 2013
    dominic115 wrote:
    dominic115 wrote:

Lol that is the creepiest avatar. That guy scares me
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited August 2013

It would be a big help.

You can zoom in on individual photos, the same way you would zoom in on photos from the Camera Roll. But it's way too sensitive. I would go crazy trying to make a complete pano of my town!!

@Pantu thanks hun! Who's awesome? You're awesome :D

@dominic If we get more land make sure you save it :) With the limited amount of decorations the games given us, debris adds a bit of variety :D

I have a few scraps I think, and a few for the 3D cinema, I'll keep them now though :)
  • kevwha22
    501 posts
    edited August 2013
    Man looks great! :thumbup: As does all your stuff! How do you have room for all of your elaborate designs?
  • danbyization
    538 posts
    edited August 2013

It would be a big help.

Yeah i think i'll have to create a pano on my comp but i just CBA it's too much work:

Take pics on ipod.

Transfer pics to comp.

Spend ages piecing them all together.

Upload pic.
  • pantuflin007
    2747 posts
    edited August 2013
    dominic115 wrote:
    dominic115 wrote:

Lol that is the creepiest avatar. That guy scares me
    Hahaha, you are not easily scared, are you faking it? :D

@ Dominic - Who is that guy? It reminds me of the evil character from 'I know what you did this summer' :P
  • menace1211
    1677 posts
    edited August 2013
    It looks good except it looks slightly too uniform for a junk yard maybe mix it up a bit as if people haven't been bothered with it

I agree. Now, quit taking pics of my front yard by satellite and reproducing them in your SF! :D

Looks very good!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!