EA Forums - Banner

Bartscreen Returns

Prev1
It started back Friday. Just here and there at first. Now I'm struggling to get back into the game. I just keep getting Bartscreened over and over.
Have they dumped us back on old servers or something now that they've finished buying that other company?

Replies

• Not again.
    giphy.gif
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • Nothing problematic on my end
    Mr. Papadapaconstantikasgianopolopodopotopolis was my father. You can call me Spiro.
  • Could just be our lousy internet. I'll try rebooting the interface after my husband goes to bed.
  • wadebear wrote: »
    Could just be our lousy internet. I'll try rebooting the interface after my husband goes to bed.
    Nope. Restarting the interface didn't fix it. I'm still Bartscreening.
  • I just popped onto the forums to see if it was a thing as I’ve had this constantly since the Valentine update came in. Seems to be impacting a few of us (if not more).
  • Same here. New phone for Christmas and everything has been smoooooth, but now 3 out 4 tries, I get Bart Screen.
  • Had problem on phone and on BlueS. Just restarting the game on the phone cleared it up, but on BlueS I had to reinstall the whole game again. Works fine now.
    What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?
  • Had problem on phone and on BlueS. Just restarting the game on the phone cleared it up, but on BlueS I had to reinstall the whole game again. Works fine now.
    I'll give restarts a shot, but reinstalls... :(
    The last time I had to reinstall it took me 3 hours of sitting here hitting Refresh and closing the game and restarting to finish the download. It's our internet. In the past I've gone other places to do reinstalls, but with the Covidiots running around our town... We're infection central here. The hospital is beyond capacity. Everywhere you go covidiots with their masks pulled below their noses - IF they're wearing them at all - and a pack of small children with no masks at all ("The PresiTrump said kids shouldn't be able to catch it!")
  • Nope. Restarting my devices didn't help.
  • Actually, I just meant restarting the game, not the device. But when that fails and the game just will not come up, then you kinda have to uninstall and reinstall. It's around an 1100 MB download now, so it's a pain, even with a relatively fast connection.
    What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?
  • Actually, I just meant restarting the game, not the device. But when that fails and the game just will not come up, then you kinda have to uninstall and reinstall. It's around an 1100 MB download now, so it's a pain, even with a relatively fast connection.
    When the game won't start (forever spinning donut or FOX splash) the easiest thing to do is fully close the game (pull up app manager and swipe the game away), then turn off the device. This works almost all the time since it started happening. I have had to reinstall, but I've since been told that if you power cycle the device several times it can break the cycle and get the game to start.
  • I’ve had it every time since the Valentines update. One Bart screen, Try Again, then it’s fine. Pretty annoying but at least not kicking me out once inside
  • What you're describing there @audiomixdon has been pretty much situation normal for months now for me.
    It just seems to be a launching the game issue, like you, once I'm in it's stable as, I don't think it's the same issue as @wadebear is having.
  • I've had to restart my games over and over today. I had to restart it twice while trying to tap in my KEM farm.
  • wadebear wrote: »
    ...I've since been told that if you power cycle the device several times it can break the cycle and get the game to start.

Power cycle the device???
    Genuine question.
  • KLmaker wrote: »
    wadebear wrote: »
    ...I've since been told that if you power cycle the device several times it can break the cycle and get the game to start.

Genuine question.

Can mean either restart the device or shut down then start up again forcing it to clear memory and restart the operating system.
  • KLmaker wrote: »

Genuine question.
    It means do a complete shut down, let the capacitors drain their charges, then power it back up. And it's the only way to guarantee that you've completely cleared stuff - a restart may not clear the RAM or system BUS.
    I've probably been using computers longer than you've been alive. I taught myself 6502 Machine Code programming because Basic was so slow that the programs I was trying to write were unusable.
    Unfortunately my circumstances (being a gay man financially trapped in a small southern town - with a family dram determined to use me as slave labor and support THEM - unable to get jobs working anywhere other than McBurger holes where I worked 45 to 60 hours a week) my levels of intelligence and knowledge have never gotten me anywhere.
  • I have definitely seen an increase in Bart screens since the VD update.
  • KLmaker
    1479 posts Member
    edited February 11
    KLmaker wrote: »

Genuine question.
    It means do a complete shut down, let the capacitors drain their charges, then power it back up. And it's the only way to guarantee that you've completely cleared stuff - a restart may not clear the RAM or system BUS.
    I've probably been using computers longer than you've been alive. I taught myself 6502 Machine Code programming because Basic was so slow that the programs I was trying to write were unusable.
    Unfortunately my circumstances (being a gay man financially trapped in a small southern town - with a family dram determined to use me as slave labor and support THEM - unable to get jobs working anywhere other than McBurger holes where I worked 45 to 60 hours a week) my levels of intelligence and knowledge have never gotten me anywhere.

:o:o:o:o
    Crikey, you must be proper wrinkly, I'm 49 this month.
    :smiley::p:#

You normally call it a complete shut down, which I do anyway, and I don't go back for least 10 minutes if I can help it.
    Haven't heard you powercycle before.
  • My mind went to Tron at the mention of Powercycle, but then I remembered that they were actually called Lightcycles.

My bad.
    😂