EA Forums - Banner

reset from lvl33

Prev13
nelson-haha.gif
I'm sorry bro.

Welcome to the forum. And if you're looking for EA to fix this here, that's not going to happen. Submit a ticket requesting for a fix to EA. Goodluck :-)

Replies

• SamCarterX206
    898 posts
    edited August 2013
    Sorry, it looks like your last play session (when you levelled up to level 33) was not saved properly. You should always sync before quitting. You can sync by either moving from Springfield to Krustyland (or vice versa) or by going to your Friends screen. You'll notice that when you do either of those options, while you're on the load screen, at some point it will say "Synchronizing..." This means it is saving your progress.

Unless you lost donuts (or an item and can't buy it again) you'll just have to play the part you lost over again.
  • Jay_Wayne_2
    496 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi, I just updated my Simpsons on the iPhone. Started the first level 33 mission. After that I quit on the iphone, and logged in into my ipad. It gave the error that my other device didn't sync, so I needed to start that device. I took the iPhone and started the simpsons, and after the message that everything was sync I started playing on the ipad. But now I'm only level 32, and on the iPhone I was already 33.

Can EA please fix this? My Simpsons account is Raikkonen_WC

This has happened to people and they have fixed it without EA. Try hard closing the game, waiting a couple hours, deleting/reinstalling app. Also when you are finished with your game you should synch it before you exit.
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi, I just updated my Simpsons on the iPhone. Started the first level 33 mission. After that I quit on the iphone, and logged in into my ipad. It gave the error that my other device didn't sync, so I needed to start that device. I took the iPhone and started the simpsons, and after the message that everything was sync I started playing on the ipad. But now I'm only level 32, and on the iPhone I was already 33.

Can EA please fix this? My Simpsons account is Raikkonen_WC

This is a common glitch. Before today's update, it had happened to me on each of the previous 3 updates. You haven't really lost anything, and you'll get the Level Up donut again when you hit 33 the "second" time.

EDIT: this is not a glitch that can be solved by "syncing" either. I constantly sync my game. It's just a kink in the game that happens.
  • Shadiest_one
    607 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    You changed your internet connection.
    You probably got the update on your phones data connection and when you returned to work connected to wifi. Or vice versa.

This happens because of the way the update rolls out. Some places/ people get the update before others. In this case your phones data has the update but your wifi hasnt.

Return to your original connection and all your purchases will be back where you placed them
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    devdoctor wrote:
    So i had the level 33 update, bought the new buildings and the swat van, sent the cops on tasks, and returned to work. Came back now and it downloaded updates automatically. I thought, "oh cool more stuff!" Surprise! Eerything i bought is gone!!! Cops, training wall, everything. But the worst part? It still shows me out a million springfield buck! What the hell EA? Did this happen to anyone else? Did they not mean to release level 33 yet? This kinda thing is a sure way to turn off longtime players.

Happens every update to quite a few people (already threads about it for Level 33). A good rule of thumb is to wait until later in the day of an update before you buy new stuff.

EDIT: For some people (including me), connectivity is not the issue. My game got bumped back on 30, 31, and 32 and I only have one way of connecting.
  • kennedy6988
    225 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Haven't even received the update as of yet, hopefully SOON! The anticipation is choking me. AAAGH!
  • alexmirpas
    18 posts
    edited August 2013
    If this happens and it isn't conectivity issues what should we do?
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited August 2013
    Everytime you buy donuts, get premium items or spend big SF dollars on buildings, always sync your game its like a back up.

As soon as i bought arnie and the sun thingy and the doggy i synced straight away.
  • johnny50373
    2767 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    The same basic thing happened to me. Loaded the update. Bought the wax museum. The game shut down. When it came back my building and the cash were gone. After waiting awhile. It loaded the update again. After the second update. It did acknowledge that snake had finished part one. But the building is still gone. I would like it back. There was no change to my connectivity.
  • BouncyX
    114 posts
    edited August 2013
    subii42 wrote:
    Everytime you buy donuts, get premium items or spend big SF dollars on buildings, always sync your game its like a back up.

As soon as i bought arnie and the sun thingy and the doggy i synced straight away.

stupid question but.....how do you even sync the game? i play on ipad mini, so do you just mean sync it to my itunes account on my pc? i've never encountered this issue so maybe i do it and dont realize? lol
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited August 2013
    BouncyX wrote:
    subii42 wrote:

stupid question but.....how do you even sync the game? i play on ipad mini, so do you just mean sync it to my itunes account on my pc? i've never encountered this issue so maybe i do it and dont realize? lol

You have to press "friends" icon to sync
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2013
    BouncyX wrote:
    subii42 wrote:

When you want to sync the game click the Bart & Milhouse button so you go to your friends screen then once its loaded click the Simpsons house button to return to your town :) You will see it says synchronizing while loading......Job done :thumbup:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • bmartin1980
    12 posts
    edited August 2013
    Same thing happened to me. Lost a million dollars and two buildings. I only use my iPad.
  • SamCarterX206
    898 posts
    edited August 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    BouncyX wrote:
    subii42 wrote:

When you want to sync the game click the Bart & Milhouse button so you go to your friends screen then once its loaded click the Simpsons house button to return to your town :) You will see it says synchronizing while loading......Job done :thumbup:

The game also syncs when you switch between Springfield and Krustyland now.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    BouncyX wrote:
    subii42 wrote:

The game also syncs when you switch between Springfield and Krustyland now.

Yeah i know that :P

Doesnt always sync for me when i go to there but always sync's when going to my friends screen
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • mcooper1
    2 posts
    edited August 2013
    same thing has happened to me :(
  • wkeeling78920
    248 posts
    edited August 2013
    I made lvl33 restarted game several times re sync several times game quit when I restarted was back to lvl32 anyone else? Thanks
  • LVShogun
    5 posts
    edited August 2013
    Have a similar situation. Got the update this morning and went from 32 to 33. Built the training wall and started the Wax Museum. Now I'm back to 32. Training wall is still there and the wax museum shows a lot under construction, but there is no timer. Can't start Bad Cops because it now thinks I'm at level 32. Even worse is now I'm 50k XP away from level 33. That will take quite a while to recoup. Can anyone offer any help?
  • LVShogun
    5 posts
    edited August 2013
    Had issues as well. Went from 33 back to 32. Now 50k xp away from getting 33 again. My training wall is still there and the wax museum lot shows construction, but no completion timer. Very sad and not sure how this will work out.
  • LVShogun
    5 posts
    edited August 2013
    I had the issue happen to me as well.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!