EA Forums - Banner

LIVE NOW "Rise of the Robots" April 7 - May 12

Replies

• Update in store now.
  • glennsoe
    184 posts Member
    From the tstoaddicts site:
    Don’t want to look at spoilers, but want to know who to keep free?  Well, you’ll need Bart free to start things off.  You’ll also need the following characters free in your Springfield to complete event quests:  Homer, Marge, Lisa, Flanders, Skinner, Wiggum, and Frink (if you have him).

Now, I’m not 100% certain until the event hits the files, but based on the Act 1 synopsis I would also keep Mr. Burns and Smithers free.  And I will update more on who is needed for tasks once the update hits the files.
  • Remember when events started right away after downloading, and some parts of the world got it later than others
    Mr. Papadapaconstantikasgianopolopodopotopolis was my father. You can call me Spiro.
  • Sycaphore
    2 posts New member
    > @frosted1414 said:
    > Remember when events started right away after downloading, and some parts of the world got it later than others

I can recall the Thanksgiving 2012 event where some countries got it earlier, and users reported being able to use Cash to purchase balloons that were actually supposed to be premium.
  • wadebear
    4035 posts Member
    Remember when events started right away after downloading, and some parts of the world got it later than others
    Remember when Apple would get the update, then Android users would have to wait, and wait, and wait because it wasn't available. Oh, and the Fire users would have to wait even longer for the app to be released...
  • bluntcard
    3886 posts Member
    I remember when they would release it to Android users first, to test it for bugs, then release it to Apple.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • KLmaker
    1490 posts Member
    Last night/this morning I meant to put everyone on 8 or 12 hour tasks.
    But apart from Homer and those in Recycling, I accidentally put everyone on 24 hours.
    DO’H
    I wanted to do it yesterday but I will invariably do it tomorrow (ish).
  • I manually downloaded the new update for the event, and I have the new screen, but no events or tasks.
    Does anyone know whether I just have to wait longer for the event to start later today, or is there a bug or issue?
  • Its starts in a few hours.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • Oh good, thanks
  • KLmaker wrote: »
    But apart from Homer and those in Recycling, I accidentally put everyone on 24 hours.
    DO’H

You won't be too far behind @KLmaker, the event doesn't start till 4pm over here and you can rush your 24hr jobs for free when they drop below 2hrs remaining.
    Or you could just store a few buildings to free up the characters you need, see @glennsoe 's list above.

• HawleyBDB wrote: »
    Really not liking the look of this event! First time I think I may have said that! The prizes, only my opinion of course, look awful! Nearly everything is a robot! Ugh! I prefer more classic items! Also no GGR so I can’t play it anyways! Damn! :(

Always happy to get new buildings, but I feel the same. My excitement about this event is at the "at least the game is still going" level. But the writing/dialogue rarely disappoints imo, so I might enjoy it more than I expect.

Even if you don't have GGR it's still worth playing and storing the content tho? GGR will be released again at some point, and when it is you can place all your stored stuff?
  • KLmaker wrote: »
    DO’H

You won't be too far behind @KLmaker, the event doesn't start till 4pm over here and you can rush your 24hr jobs for free when they drop below 2hrs remaining.
    Or you could just store a few buildings to free up the characters you need, see @glennsoe 's list above.

The "10 AM CDT" start time for this event seems later than the pattern in recent events. Over here in Italy, that will be 5 PM. Not a problem, except now I won't have an excuse for not fixing dinner. (Frozen Butoni lasagna. Turning those oven dials is exhausting.) :)😁
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • wadebear wrote: »
    KLmaker wrote: »
    That’s incredible, I get the same results with a newspaper on the toilet. :D:D:D:D
    You get your teeth clean with a newspaper? How?

Well *there's* an image I'll never stop seeing.

Newspaper. Teeth. Toilet.

A trifecta.

Thanks, guys. 🙃
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • glennsoe
    184 posts Member
    59 mins lett?
  • Nothing yet. Maybe start at 8am PDT
  • @annettemarc Remember the time confusion of Stonecutters? The daily riddles? That event took commitment!
  • Castiel19x
    4283 posts Member
    Nothing yet. Maybe start at 8am PDT

Now convert this into every time zone :D
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • HawleyBDB
    1038 posts Member
    HawleyBDB wrote: »
    Really not liking the look of this event! First time I think I may have said that! The prizes, only my opinion of course, look awful! Nearly everything is a robot! Ugh! I prefer more classic items! Also no GGR so I can’t play it anyways! Damn! :(

Always happy to get new buildings, but I feel the same. My excitement about this event is at the "at least the game is still going" level. But the writing/dialogue rarely disappoints imo, so I might enjoy it more than I expect.

Even if you don't have GGR it's still worth playing and storing the content tho? GGR will be released again at some point, and when it is you can place all your stored stuff?

Yeah really not a fan of the robot prizes, not really my thing at all. Yeah good point dude. That’s what I’ve kinda been doing. I’ve got a little spot I put new things and then just store them... Just takes the shine off a new event when your just winning things to store them till you can get some new land... been doing it for months now, sucks. I’ll keep at it though. I’m looking forward to getting GGR so I can put everything out and actually play them game. Gt big plans for Krustland too which has been in storage since it exploded hahahah!
    Username: KidHawley
  • HawleyBDB wrote: »
    HawleyBDB wrote: »

Yeah really not a fan of the robot prizes, not really my thing at all. Yeah good point dude. That’s what I’ve kinda been doing. I’ve got a little spot I put new things and then just store them... Just takes the shine off a new event when your just winning things to store them till you can get some new land... been doing it for months now, sucks. I’ll keep at it though. I’m looking forward to getting GGR so I can put everything out and actually play them game. Gt big plans for Krustland too which has been in storage since it exploded hahahah!

My Krustyland is a multi theme park including Itchy and Scratchyland, spookyland, Duffland and more (wonder how I thought of that :D). The big missing theme are the pirates which have to be on the water, so they are part of marine world