EA Forums - Banner

LIVE NOW "Rise of the Robots" April 7 - May 12

124Next

Replies

• HawleyBDB
    1038 posts Member
    HawleyBDB wrote: »
    HawleyBDB wrote: »
    Really not liking the look of this event! First time I think I may have said that! The prizes, only my opinion of course, look awful! Nearly everything is a robot! Ugh! I prefer more classic items! Also no GGR so I can’t play it anyways! Damn! :(

Always happy to get new buildings, but I feel the same. My excitement about this event is at the "at least the game is still going" level. But the writing/dialogue rarely disappoints imo, so I might enjoy it more than I expect.

Even if you don't have GGR it's still worth playing and storing the content tho? GGR will be released again at some point, and when it is you can place all your stored stuff?

Yeah really not a fan of the robot prizes, not really my thing at all. Yeah good point dude. That’s what I’ve kinda been doing. I’ve got a little spot I put new things and then just store them... Just takes the shine off a new event when your just winning things to store them till you can get some new land... been doing it for months now, sucks. I’ll keep at it though. I’m looking forward to getting GGR so I can put everything out and actually play them game. Gt big plans for Krustland too which has been in storage since it exploded hahahah!

My Krustyland is a multi theme park including Itchy and Scratchyland, spookyland, Duffland and more (wonder how I thought of that :D). The big missing theme are the pirates which have to be on the water, so they are part of marine world

Sounds amazing hahaha... You’ll have to share some pics would love to see it. Yes really looking forward to building my Krustyland again. Will do it when they rerelease the GGR. Sounds like you’ve made a great combo. I’ll have to search some pics for inspiration haha!
    Username: KidHawley
  • 1st impressions are kinda mixed for me, I'm also not a big fan of the "transformer" type bots, but maybe their tasks will make them more entertaining.
    Stoked at last that they let me buy Lady-bot this time round despite already having the "future-proof home", in actual fact it's still showing up in the store as "comes complete with Lady-bot" even though I've now bought her.
    Anyone brave enough to see if they get a multiple? Or just get another house (more likely). I don't want to risk glitching out the story line on the one I've got, but maybe when she's done, I might take a punt to see if I can build an army of homicidal androids.
    Disappointed on the other hand that Hans Mechman is tied to the donut purchase this time, he was one of my other 6 (now 5) missing characters who I've been waiting to return, but I guess I'll have to add him to the list of unobtainables now. 😢

• > @TheRealTiminator said:
    > 1st impressions are kinda mixed for me, I'm also not a big fan of the "transformer" type bots, but maybe their tasks will make them more entertaining.
    > Stoked at last that they let me buy Lady-bot this time round despite already having the "future-proof home", in actual fact it's still showing up in the store as "comes complete with Lady-bot" even though I've now bought her.
    > Anyone brave enough to see if they get a multiple? Or just get another house (more likely). I don't want to risk glitching out the story line on the one I've got, but maybe when she's done, I might take a punt to see if I can build an army of homicidal androids.
    > Disappointed on the other hand that Hans Mechman is tied to the donut purchase this time, he was one of my other 6 (now 5) missing characters who I've been waiting to return, but I guess I'll have to add him to the list of unobtainables now. 😢

Yeah it's a real shame they started doing that. What's the point of having characters behind an actual paywall? At least with donuts, you get an incentive to play the game...
  • Castiel19x
    4282 posts Member
    Be careful with Hans Mechman as it shows as a donut purchase even if you already own him.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • Anyone brave enough to see if they get a multiple? Or just get another house (more likely). I don't want to risk glitching out the story line on the one I've got, but maybe when she's done, I might take a punt to see if I can build an army of homicidal androids.
    It just says you can only have one unique item
  • @Castiel19x - I bought Hans Mechman way back when, and it isn't in the store panel for me.
    Not looked if he's in the buy sprinkles bit for my main town though. Not spending for either town anyway.
    You'll often find me on Brooders tapped-out.co.uk
  • Castiel19x
    4282 posts Member
    1-Graham-S wrote: »
    @Castiel19x - I bought Hans Mechman way back when, and it isn't in the store panel for me.
    Not looked if he's in the buy sprinkles bit for my main town though. Not spending for either town anyway.

So did I but for me it shows £9.99 for him.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • Looking forward to putting the buildings and decorations in storage in preparation for EA bringing back GGR. That if it ever does come back seeing as it’s been over a year now.
  • 1-Graham-S wrote: »
    @Castiel19x - I bought Hans Mechman way back when, and it isn't in the store panel for me.

Scroll all the way over.
    What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?
  • KLmaker
    1489 posts Member
    KLmaker wrote: »
    Last night/this morning I meant to put everyone on 8 or 12 hour tasks.
    But apart from Homer and those in Recycling, I accidentally put everyone on 24 hours.
    DO’H

You won't be too far behind @KLmaker, the event doesn't start till 4pm over here and you can rush your 24hr jobs for free when they drop below 2hrs remaining.
    Or you could just store a few buildings to free up the characters you need, see @glennsoe 's list above.

Turns out all I had to do was store the Police Station and put Smithers on 4hr.
    I store buildings a fair bit rather than rush with Donuts.
    I wanted to do it yesterday but I will invariably do it tomorrow (ish).
  • Ahhh, @txrabbit3737 - I never look at the What EA Suggests bit of the store. It's only the event panel or a particular group I might want that gets my attention.
    You'll often find me on Brooders tapped-out.co.uk
  • 1-Graham-S wrote: »
    Ahhh, @txrabbit3737 - I never look at the What EA Suggests bit of the store. It's only the event panel or a particular group I might want that gets my attention.

All I can say is that's where it shows up even if you already have it.
    What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?

• Always happy to get new buildings, but I feel the same. My excitement about this event is at the "at least the game is still going" level. But the writing/dialogue rarely disappoints imo, so I might enjoy it more than I expect.

Ugh, the writing is awful. This is shaping up into being the worst event ever.

Still can't stop tapping tho, I'm in too deep :tongue:
  • thatdonald845
    1592 posts Member
    edited April 16
    The Robot Rumble Arena - does it have any animations or tasks attached? I'm hoping it isn't another wasted opportunity as so far it does nothing.

Edit - it now has animation.
    Post edited by thatdonald845 on