EA Forums - Banner

Why EA needs to offer the GGR a bit more often - and some scary math ( edited )

Prev1
1-Graham-S
260 posts Member
edited April 5
Of the 1401 ( as I figure it ) tiles currently available for use :
There are 612 full land tiles available for cash and 4 that are free.
There are 28 land tiles which are 25% beach available for cash.
There are 86 ocean tiles available for cash and 1 that is free.

There are 54 land tiles that are available for SH currency.
There are 6 land tiles which are 100% beach available for SH currency.
There are 18 ocean tiles available for SH currency.

That equals 809 tiles in total any player can get, if they play well.

All the other tiles depend on tokens being available.

There are 572 full land tiles that can only be bought with tokens.
There are 5 land tiles which are 25% beach that can only be bought with tokens.
There are 15 ocean tiles that can only be bought with tokens.

That makes 592 tiles available that are only available for tokens.

That is 42% and change, nearly half, of all land tiles players cannot get unless they can get tokens.

If a player does manage to see a once in a blue moon offering for the Golden Goose Realty and gets hold of it, then it pays out a token once every 12 hours.
That means it would take someone who never misses a tap 296 days to get to 592 tokens.
That's nine and three quarter months, longer than an average pregnancy !!

I understand you want to ensure it has value, but players that can't play simply won't bother, and anyone with a town big enough to need the GGR has a town big enough to go and farm.

Don't forget, also, that any player should be able to play for free. The GGR is too essential, so to insist on purchases in order to obtain it would mean players who are not in a position to be able to pay simply could not play.

Fair enough if you still only give it a brief appearance once in a while, but don't make it impossible.
Here's a thought, I haven't seen it back for 16 months and that's too long. Make it pop up for only a few days or a week at least 4 times every 3 years at random. More is better, much better, and you can do it to time just after a big event starts or just after the final set of content is released so donuts are low.
Whatever it takes, give players a chance, plEAse :smile:

Meanwhile, when do we get more land ??
I have a stack of spare tokens while I write this up for others.

Post edited by 1-Graham-S on
You'll often find me on Brooders tapped-out.co.uk

Replies

• PS don't forget if you want to flag posts as spam then add a post on the spam threads thread too.
    Here's the link in case you need a reminder.
  • Time to pull this out again :)
    xdmIlfe.png
    Gosh, who is trolling you with the flagging?
    Mr. Papadapaconstantikasgianopolopodopotopolis was my father. You can call me Spiro.
  • 1MikeyM
    352 posts Member
    The GGR needs to be a permanent addition now. Just add it to the store when players hit level 60.
  • 1MikeyM
    352 posts Member
    Hey @frosted1414 looks like we joined the club.
  • Personally I'm not so worried about the long neglected SH land but this, with no GGR ?? . . .
    xj2pyurptoll.png
    permanent, no. Regular as clockwork, no. Over a year before it's back, no way is that right.
  • 1-Graham-S
    260 posts Member
    edited April 5
    PS, @frosted and @1MikeyM - someone decided you're it !?!
    Don't forget if you want to flag posts as spam then add a post on the spam threads thread too.
    Here's the link in case you need a reminder.
  • 1MikeyM
    352 posts Member
    @1-Graham-S I don't see why it shouldn't be permanent. With the yearbook in the game and the ease of farming,even relatively new players can fill the land pretty quickly. Surely the aim is to have as many players as possible, playing for as long as possible. Maybe having it added to the store as soon as you buy the last cash land would be ok?
  • Oh, yeah, that reminds me . . .
    I need to find that I give a damn button, it's around here somewhere . . .
  • Ahh, but . . . @1MikeyM - it's worth cash.
    I paid, others did too.
    Keep it a bit hard to get is one thing though, but having players quit for the lack of it isn't so clever
  • 1MikeyM
    352 posts Member
    It's right above the give a flying one.
  • 1MikeyM
    352 posts Member
    1-Graham-S wrote: »
    Ahh, but . . . @1MikeyM - it's worth cash.
    I paid, others did too.
    Keep it a bit hard to get is one thing though, but having players quit for the lack of it isn't so clever

Have it in store for the original doughnut price would be my suggestion
  • In store any time you like and people would figure out if there might be a way to *ahem* farm.
    Pop it up after an expected big splurge and limit the time on the other hand . . .
    It's catastrophic planning either way, unless you're a player with more than one town.
    By the time a newby realises how much it matters it's either too late or they go grab a bunch of RTTs.
    I do get why the guy with the abacus hopes to get a few shekels though.
  • 1MikeyM
    352 posts Member
    Farming is hardly a secret though is it.
    Stop disagreeing and having your opinion or I'll have to start flagging you
  • I thought about having an opinion once, but it didn't last.
    I sliced it and fried it and put on a hot-dog with some fava beans and a nice chianti :tongue:
  • Oh, hang on. a pinion . . .
    So that's why my home-made rack didn't work. D'oh :)
  • EA needs to add more land in Springfield Heights. Anyone know why they don’t?
  • I think the whole land tokens debacle was poorly thought out from the get-go, but now they've painted themselves into a corner and can't find the way out.
    If they made it a permanent addition to the store they'd suffer the blowback from all those who put their hands in their pockets previously (remember Sven Golly?)
    Also if it's gonna be available all the time what's the point of tokens at all? If all anyone has to do is make 1 donut purchase when they're flush and then they get all the land for free (admittedly drip fed) then they might as well just revert back to making all the land available for igc.

I would propose a kinda halfway house setup instead; Make the GGR available for donut purchase every year or so & keep it's current function, but in the mean time add land tokens to the donut store at a cost of maybe 20-30 donuts per token.
    That way people who are out of space can farm their donuts to buy land, as & when they need it, up until the GGR comes out again and then buy it for 2-300 donuts and get the rest for free.
    I can even see a scenario where someone who already has GGR would splurge a few donuts for a token or two rather than wait for it to pay out.
    Even those who'd bought all the available land with donuts would still buy the GGR when it comes around for future proofing (if they ever release more land) and just for the building itself.
    This way the players threatening to quit have a way around their impasse, and EA still gets their donut revenue
    all without losing face.
    Simples.
  • 1MikeyM
    352 posts Member
    It was never a cash purchase though so I'm not seeing the problem.
  • jaykreizer wrote: »
    EA needs to add more land in Springfield Heights. Anyone know why they don’t?

I suspect that they have dumped the whole idea behind Springfield Heights as a failed experiment, just like they did with Krustyland as they both were poorly received and got lots of hate at the time.
  • joe444
    15 posts Member
    Land has never been a problem for me. Fortunately for me I’ve always learned to color (design) between the lines (available space).