EA Forums - Banner

Game lag

Is anyone else experiencing game lag?
Sometimes my game is so slow, it lags for around 1 - 2 secs, which is very annoying, and sometimes causes me to tap the wrong thing. Especially in the unemployment office and assigning tasks for multiple players.
Is it a slow server? Or something else?
I have an up to date samsung tablet, so I can't see that being the problem

Replies

• It definitely takes >5 seconds to send 500 characters on 4h job via the unemployment office for me. I should think this happens to everyone that has a large number of characters. Other than that your device is the source.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • wadebear
    4054 posts Member
    Actually, my primary game got really laggy with this update. I thought maybe it's because it's starting to malfunction, but now I don't know.
  • Just to add a me too.

I'm also getting lag in the game, I've never had noticeable with my current phone, but the lag is now so apparent that I can to the forum to see if anyone else is lagging.
  • Your devices are getting old. I do not have any lag on my device currently.
  • My low end 2 year old model Samsung phone has no discernible lag (A20)
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • There's times when it's so slow, the game is unplayable, such as at the moment.
    My wifi is good and I have a new model 10 samsung tablet, so it's really p*****g me off
  • 1EllieG7294
    2454 posts Member
    edited April 30
    How much free space do you have on your device? It may be worth a try to clear some space and clear your cache
    reboot al your wifi equipment
    disconnect reboot and reconnect to it
  • whats goin on with the lag i havnt been able to play this for like a week.
  • wadebear
    4054 posts Member
    whats goin on with the lag i havnt been able to play this for like a week.
    If the lag (which means a slowing down of the game) is so bad that you can't play then you may need to follow @1EllieG7294 's advice above, because there's definitely something wrong.
    I just have like a 3 to 5% lag on my Kindle Fire since the last update. But I need a new one anyway (I think) because the touch screen is misbehaving (I touched over HERE, not over THERE - why did the Silk Browser open? That's 4 icons away from Tapped Out!).
  • Lmao @wadebear, that totally reminds me of me and my old Sony phone where the touchscreen was slowly dying at the edges.
    I had to change all my passwords so they didn't include the letters Q or P or the numbers 1 or 0 cos they were all in the dead area.
    My predictive texting got so used to me spelling Q words with a W and P words with a O that as soon as I typed the first letter it would offer me the alternative; smart A.I must've thought I was horribly dyslexic. 🤪

• Speaking of dyslexia, I keep reading the title as “lame gags.” Need more sleep or coffee. Or both.
  • Speaking of dyslexia, I keep reading the title as “lame gags.” Need more sleep or coffee. Or both.

Or you could just go over to the "Off Topic Discussion" tab and create an actual "Lame Gags" thread @spyder1952850.

Or maybe it might be wiser to keep the lid firmly ON that can of worms.
  • wadebear
    4054 posts Member
    Or maybe it might be wiser to keep the lid firmly ON that can of worms.
    Too late!
    wwgufgyuni0i.jpg

• KLmaker
    1497 posts Member
    wadebear wrote: »
    But I need a new one anyway (I think) because the touch screen is misbehaving (I touched over HERE, not over THERE - why did the Silk Browser open? That's 4 icons away from Tapped Out!).

Perhaps you sat on it?
    Whenever I sit on my Huawei phone, (must remember to use a chair), the lower left quarter of the screen goes funny.
    The keyboard goes funny on the left side like @TheRealTiminator
    And if I move an app, it is not even under my finger, my finger does one thing and the app does something else completely different.
    I wanted to do it yesterday but I will invariably do it tomorrow (ish).
  • pigsick57
    77 posts Member
    I always find that trying to tap on something is hit or miss too. I tap on an item and something else nowhere near where I tapped highlights
  • pigsick57
    77 posts Member
    It often 3 or 4 attempts. And it's not like I have big fat fingers or a small screen
  • wadebear
    4054 posts Member
    KLmaker wrote: »
    wadebear wrote: »
    But I need a new one anyway (I think) because the touch screen is misbehaving (I touched over HERE, not over THERE - why did the Silk Browser open? That's 4 icons away from Tapped Out!).
    Perhaps you sat on it?
    Whenever I sit on my Huawei phone, (must remember to use a chair), the lower left quarter of the screen goes funny.
    It's a7th Generation 8 inch Fire tablet, so it's about 5(?) years old. It lives on my desk in a locking easel. I have occasionally taken it to the bathroom or kitchen, and even less occasionally taken it along on a trip in an insulated carry bag (ok, it's a lunch bag, but it does the job).
    I've tried removing the case cover and turning down the brightness (my phone gets ghost touch if you turn the screen brightness up enough to see in in daylight).
    I have another old tablet that acts like someone is drumming their fingers on it. It will work for a while if you lay it flat, but eventually it starts acting up.
    I haven't tried a factory reset on the Fire yet. I've been a little busy. We're preparing to sell our house and move to Texas (which we have been GOING TO DO for several years) because we got an offer on our house.
    I may actually have to stop playing soon for a few weeks while we sort this move out.