EA Forums - Banner

How long does it take for you to redesign your SF?

Prev1
tobypine2 wrote:
I'm just starting my first complete redesign since I began playing at Christmas. So if anyone is my neighnor, sorry for the mess! :). At maybe half hour a day it's gonna be a long process.

How long do you usually spend on a redesign?

I think Skyrim is going for the longest redesign in history at the moment been over a month now i think :lol:

I do sections at a time so no real idea how long it takes me tbh

Replies

• Tawhid123
    716 posts
    edited August 2013
    It's a neverending process for me!
  • LuciiTigger14
    1769 posts
    edited August 2013
    Most of my town is done, but I've got buildings just sitting in a massive open space, that I can't decide how to decorate. (Sir putt alots, frinks lab, dog track and a few other random houses etc) been like that for a while, everytime I go to decorate them, I draw a blank and get back out of it lol
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited August 2013
    A long time, i am about one month into it... juggling life and TSTO is not easy...
  • danbyization
    538 posts
    edited August 2013
    Well i am about two weeks into mine and probs about a quarter done and like you i can only do bout half hour maybe 1 hour a day on TSTO
  • Nightmare3102
    592 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    I am on the second day of my re-design, blimey my SF is in a total mess right now.

Doing bits at a time just shoving buildings in an empty plot whilst I re-design other bits, urgh! Although keeps me out of trouble lol
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited August 2013
    think mine was about a month, mainly working on it at weekends.
    If you want to estimate it i would go on 2 buildings a day. you'll have days when you do more, but equally days when you really cba
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited August 2013
    I just bought the remaining land (25 or so plots) and its taking me FOREVER to fill it all in, furthermore I've torn down a few things to redo them. Frustrating as all hell. I'm gonna be über satisfied when it's done though.

The greater good!
  • sony1319
    936 posts
    edited August 2013
    Took me 2 days to do a complet redesign i changed everything but first i did a plan in my head it was easier that way
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited August 2013
    sony1319 wrote:
    Took me 2 days to do a complet redesign i changed everything but first i did a plan in my head it was easier that way

:shock:

Maybe if I were as creative as you I could get mine done quicker. :(
  • danbyization
    538 posts
    edited August 2013
    sony1319 wrote:

Why plan in your head when you can plan on your computer :wink: lol

EfMWQ5h.png
  • sony1319
    936 posts
    edited August 2013
    sony1319 wrote:

:shock:

Maybe if I were as creative as you I could get mine done quicker. :(

The first thing to do is to place all the buildings the way you like it and after you put decorations :D
  • sony1319
    936 posts
    edited August 2013
    sony1319 wrote:

EfMWQ5h.png

Too much work for me to put it on computer lol :D
  • danbyization
    538 posts
    edited August 2013
    sony1319 wrote:
    sony1319 wrote:

EfMWQ5h.png

How is it too much work it is easy peasy once you have the base spreadsheet done lol
  • sony1319
    936 posts
    edited August 2013
    sony1319 wrote:
    sony1319 wrote:

EfMWQ5h.png

How is it too much work it is easy peasy once you have the base spreadsheet done lol

Maybe but doing it in my head for me is easier. I make a plan with all the buildings in my head and then i go to my town and do it. It take me less then an hour to make my plan in my head. :)
  • tobypine2
    292 posts
    edited August 2013
    sony1319 wrote:

EfMWQ5h.png

Hahahaaa love it! That'd be up my alley if I took the time. Shame work takes sooo much. And what's not ripe in the garden is getting pulled out Nd retilled now. And of course gotta have some time every day for my girls :)

But poor SVT has one task available at the moment. Everything else is in inventory. Lol
  • danbyization
    538 posts
    edited August 2013
    sony1319 wrote:
    sony1319 wrote:
    sony1319 wrote:

EfMWQ5h.png

Maybe but doing it in my head for me is easier. I make a plan with all the buildings in my head and then i go to my town and do it. It take me less then an hour to make my plan in my head. :)

I used to always do it in my head as well but then i would end up with a plan go into my springfield create what i had in my head and then spend 2 hours goin oh no that doesnt look right, maybe try it like this, oh no that's horrible and then end up with a complete mess.

So what i am doing now is i have my spreadsheet and slowly creating my springfield in sections. So i do one section in spreadsheet then put that section in my town. And if looks right great and if not back to the spreadsheet.
  • frogger53
    686 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Redesigning takes a lot of patience. I did it as I added land go to save time, then when I was done buying all the land, I did a redesign by sections. Never timed it, though I did spend a couple of hours at a time, depending on what I was changing. I do know that a lot of time would be saved if tapping items was more accurate. I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but sometimes the inaccuracy is maddening. I can't tell you how many times I have to tap some items before I can actually move the item I'm after!
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    sony1319 wrote:
    sony1319 wrote:
    sony1319 wrote:

EfMWQ5h.png

I used to always do it in my head as well but then i would end up with a plan go into my springfield create what i had in my head and then spend 2 hours goin oh no that doesnt look right, maybe try it like this, oh no that's horrible and then end up with a complete mess.

So what i am doing now is i have my spreadsheet and slowly creating my springfield in sections. So i do one section in spreadsheet then put that section in my town. And if looks right great and if not back to the spreadsheet.

Thats what im doing right now and it looks like a mess. I haz no spreadsheet :mrgreen:
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited August 2013
    Too long. I was nearly finished and just had some decorating to do, then I got a better idea and starting ripping it apart. So back to the drawing board.
  • sony1319
    936 posts
    edited August 2013
    Maybe I'm good at it because i redesign 5 towns. I know every building and every decorations there is. It's in my head. But maybe it's just good for me...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.