EA Forums - Banner

New log on problem-Verification codes

Replies

• Any news on this issue for those of us who do not receive the code at all?
    This is something I tried for myself. Instead of jumping from game to email and back, try opening your email on a different device. The first time I had to go through 4 different devices before I found it. (iPad, old iPhone, old G-2 and my currently operational pixel) The iPhone won’t hold a charge, and the G-2 is silent forever.
    I’ve had it happen a few times, so now I go to my email on my phone to get the code for the iPad.
    Hope this helps.
  • I've spoken to EA support, that was no help. I'm not getting the e-mail with the code to the e-mail on my account. I've added a secondary e-mail, but I'm not getting any screen or pop-up that allows the code to be sent to the secondary e-mail. I'm trying to make my secondary e-mail my new primary e-mail because it's gmail (vs. hotmail, which is why I think I'm not getting an e-mail with a code in the first place). I'm getting codes to update my e-mail but those codes aren't working. I've been playing for ten years! This is all just a bunch of bullsh*t...
  • 1MikeyM
    391 posts Member
    Are you sure you haven't been playing for 9 years....
  • I wasn't really worried about checking my math, that was hardly the point of my post.
  • 1MikeyM
    391 posts Member
    It was a joke based upon the events in another thread. Another thread that's discussing similar problems and offering possible solutions. But,you know,why bother searching out stuff.
  • I've read them all and I've been trying them all. So, why bother jumping to conclusions? Jokes are funny, keep trying.
  • Nicknd84
    2982 posts Member
    1MikeyM wrote: »
    Are you sure you haven't been playing for 9 years....

Now I wonder were you got that from? 🤫

200w.gif?cid=82a1493b0hm5b18hxbnrvbz38ooslcgmgmy3d6d2qzv78hbk&rid=200w.gif&ct=g
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • 1MikeyM
    391 posts Member
    edited June 16
    ryanadk46 wrote: »
    I've read them all and I've been trying them all. So, why bother jumping to conclusions? Jokes are funny, keep trying.

You too. Good luck.
  • Code is still not working for me. This is a bad time for such a limited time event.
  • If I switch towns I'll likely have problems logging in again?I have to struggle getting into both times?
  • update your app now and check guys
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • ESchorcho77
    5 posts New member
    It's still the verification code nonsense. So frustrating.
  • Nicknd84
    2982 posts Member
    edited June 17
    Saw this on Facebook. Scroll to first post.

https://m.facebook.com/TheSimpsonsTappedOut/
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • laseimi2002
    1 posts New member
    Updated today. STILL not getting the verification code emails. :s
  • glennsoe
    203 posts Member
    By Reading the fb post, I take it this new log on way with codes via mail is here to stay.
  • Were people really logging into accounts? Is this level of high security really necessary?
  • mjc0117
    36 posts Member
    Were people really logging into accounts? Is this level of high security really necessary?

Not at all, but let’s pretend it was, wouldn’t a little notice, or a more carefully planned roll-out, have been the right thing to do. Alas, that wasn’t the case. EA is quite simply trash. And their customer service, a total dumpster.
  • simpsonare
    2321 posts Member
    Was in the same boat but then realised Google isn't case sensitive but EA is. I had my address as GMail and I couldn't get on till I changed it to gmail.
    This change has probably come about to try to thwart hacking groups so we'll have to live with it.

I was thinking the same thing. /freedonuts is no longer active
  • Works now, since I’ve updated it.
  • 1MikeyM
    391 posts Member
    simpsonare wrote: »
    Was in the same boat but then realised Google isn't case sensitive but EA is. I had my address as GMail and I couldn't get on till I changed it to gmail.
    This change has probably come about to try to thwart hacking groups so we'll have to live with it.

I was thinking the same thing. /freedonuts is no longer active

Some groups are,some aren't. It's stopped some and slowed down others.