EA Forums - Banner

New log on problem-Verification codes

191011121315Next

Replies

• > @4junk3000 said:
    > I don't understand why people can't just update their email address in the origin website, to a mailbox they do have access to? I'm glad this isn't affecting me, but i feel huge sympathy for people who are. I would be pursuing EA until they changed my address manually if necessary. This isn't the first time people have lost access to an email account. I hope it gets resolved soon!

I actually did that, I changed the old email I didn't have access to and EA emails come to my good current account. The CODE emails never come though, even though all my account stuff is pointing to the right place and all references to the old email address are gone. No code emails ever come through :(
  • jonofmeans
    242 posts Member
    edited July 20
    They CAN update their email address if they get on the phone or in a chat with an EA tech support member (they might be able to do it with their account profile but I would compare that to a trapeze artist working without a net.
    FYI: I know that SOME people are having problems with an ancient out of service email address but many are having problems with an active (AND VALID) current email address that FAILS TO SEND A VERIFICATION CODE said active (AND VALIDATED) current email address.
    Post edited by jonofmeans on
  • 4junk3000
    5652 posts Member
    Thanks for clarifying the issues at hand. This really illustrates how far beyond your control it is to resolve. It's a shame EA support is so notoriously unhelpful
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • alexmarti29
    6 posts New member
    > @jonofmeans said:
    > They CAN update their email address if they get on the phone or in a chat with an EA tech support member (they might be able to do it with their account profile but I would compare that to a trapeze working without a net.
    > FYI: I know that SOME people are having problems with an ancient out of service email address but many are havining problems with an active (AND VALID) current email address that FAILS TO SEND A VERIFICATION CODE said active (AND VALIDATED) current email address.

This is exactly my problem. I worked with EA to ensure I had a good, working email address with them, everything all validated. I get emails from support when I open cases, emails aren't going to spam folders, anything like that. It's when I try to have the game send a code, I never get it. Never even get to put a code in and get the "invalid code" error others get, I never even get a code. Like many others here, I've got a lot of time sunk into progress in this game, and not being able to access for 2 months is really hurting :(
  • I logged on to see if they happened to address this issue and they haven't. I've been locked out since ACT 3 of the previous update. Hoping somehow this gets resolved. I did try EA support 3 times and I cant seem to verify I am me with their questions and I cannot change my email address as well. same story blah blah blah .
  • The problem is EA sucks.
  • tony
    9 posts New member
    why cant EA add the option to get the code sent to your phone from the game screen when you have to input your primary or secondary email address ? maybe that will get people's games back
  • simpsonare
    2321 posts Member
    I would say that it is the hackers that charge money for their service that finally tipped EA over the edge to do something about it. EA has left the reddit alone because they don't charge. They have always pursued those that charge money.
    Unfortunately class action lawsuit is out the running because everyone agreed to the Terms of Service that specifies you cannot do that. You could try arbitration though, but I bet there is a clause that you agreed to keep your account info current.
    Yes EA should have gave more notice and in the game too, but everyone needs to realize that their dead email is their responsibility, even if you were a child when you made the account.
    Contact EA directly and give them information from your account. Log in to ea.com and see what they have. If they ask for credit card info and you never gave them any, tell them None On File. Match the answers on file. If that rep won't accept your info, try again to get a better rep. Try during US Central Time Business hours. Try them on Twitter.

I agree 100% that this is to prevent hacking 'helpers' from exploiting the game. I remember as a newer player over 5 years ago that I'd get pissed seeing 50 prize groups post on the tapped out page. Here I am putting in hundreds of dollars on the game and some leeches are freeloading in plain site. To me it was completely unfair that they got to enjoy a premium service free of charge. I almost quit. My tegridy didn't allow me to cheat. I wanted to own a clean game that I would never have to worry about losing due to hacking.

I will also say in my earlier stages of tapped out I had a dead email that I deleted connected to my simpsons game. I was still able to log into the simpsons tapped out with the dead email and password. I called support though and had a good rep that helped me switch my game to my current email. I think the circumstances were just right for it to be a breeze.

But I can agonize with you all on not being able to get into your game accounts. That has to be frustrating when these events are just continuing to roll on. I do whole heartedly hope that the clean genuine players can get back into their game.

• ness382
    28 posts Member
    edited August 25
    I have finally joined this "club" after many months of watching others struggle and frustration. I was met with the dreaded screen saying log in with email address and await verification code...

Of course, over the past two days, a verification code didn't arrive. I have never changed my email address so I knew it was live and correct. I logged into my EA account online and it was showing as verified and correct.

So, I spent a very long hour and half with a very polite an helpful Avinash on the EA Chat. He tried everything. I changed to my work email and changed the password. I received the security code to change email address but no TSTO verification code when I tried to log in. He then suggested I create a new email - GMail account - and try that. Repeated the process, EA emails arrived but no TSTO verification code. Final suggestion was to delete the game, remove app entirely and reinstall/download. I dutifully did so, but it still wouldn't work.

Avinash then had to give up! He had no more suggestions for today. He said it was known issue with no workaround yet if the previous steps didn't fix it. He would refer my problem to Technical Support.

No TSTO. No game. No logging in after a daily occurrence for many many years. What a poor show from EA.

(edited for spelling)
    Post edited by ness382 on
  • It's ridiculous how frequently this has been happening... I used to think that my storage on my iPhone had something to do with it, but I have 10 GB left. Everytime I take my phone from my network at work to the cell tower to my router at work I have to reverify my account, which forces me to download the game all over again. 10 minutes of waiting to play the game for 30 seconds of playtime. I've been playing TSTO for 9 years, and this is killing my enthusiasm for me.
  • qwepi
    1 posts New member
    Not getting the code at all. Can't login to the game for almost a month.
    Contacted the support, but no help so far. It's terrible!
  • If I go to log into TSTO and enter my email and click "Log in" I'm asked for the verification code which *has been sent to my email address*. But, the only way I can get to my email (to see what verification code is) is to swipe/close TSTO cuz I can't have TSTO screen open at the same time as my email.

If I get the verify code they sent, and then reopen TSTO, I need to enter the email address again.

Will the verify code they sent me before, work for the new log in?

DID that make ANY sense?

I have my email set to show all incoming email as a banner at the top the screen no matter what I am viewing. As long as you are quick and remember the number you can just put it in.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • I've had this problem for months! Tried logging into EA requested password change and hey presto my game works!
  • I have never had issues like this in playing this game for almost 9 years. I am asked to enter verification code and I copy and paste what they sent me and the game keeps telling me it’s wrong. I never have changed the email address and have tried several uninstalls of the app. Any help?
  • @pflanagan983 try typing it yourself. Go to EA.com and change your password to be less than 16 characters with only letters and numbers. Verify your info is all correct. Contact EA if those don't work.
    Contact EA at https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=the-simpsons-tapped-out
    or on Twitter https://twitter.com/EAHelp/
    Chat or phone is best during business hours in US Central Time M-F