EA Forums - Banner

First day in 10 years without logging in…

Prev13
I just realised that after downloading the Simpsons Tapped Out back in about July 2012, I think I have logged into the game at least once every day since.

I’ve gone from the early glitches of buying land that disappeared, constant game crashes, instability, the frustration of high donut prices, lack of confidence of updates - to a somewhat more stable game (thanks to updated devices and simpler event gameplay), more frequent updates, the ability to make your own donuts and the satisfaction of putting a lot of work into designing a town to be proud of. I guess I was one of the lucky ones that I have not had many historical log in problems (like many have) and my device and gameplay has been somewhat stable throughout the life of the game.

Sure the game is not perfect, the events are rather mundane and pedestrian in regards of getting the new content - but the game is therapeutic to me. There’s something just relaxing and satisfying about logging in every day after work and giving your Springfield a bit of a tap. I’ve bought donuts. I’ve also farmed to increase my multiplier. I was lucky enough to get the golden goose. I cleared the yearbook. I had a big town that I’ve spent so much time on. All that was left was to add the new content that each event provides and work towards my goal of achieving maximum currency (I was sitting at just over 3.5 billion). My town was full but I was able to rearrange some things to make room for the new content in this event. The game gets interesting when there’s an event on and there is more stuff to add to your town.

Sure, there may have been some days in the last 10 years when I did not log in (when I’ve travelled or been away with no internet access) - but those days would have been very few. In fact I can barely remember how many times I was unable to log in, if at all. I think I’ve always logged in at least once.

BUT - that all changed today.

Today was the first day in 10 years I could not log in. The game randomly logged me out, and to log in it needs to send the infamous verification code to my now inactive email address from 2012 which I have no longer access to. Yes, many have this problem. The verification codes cannot be retrieved from an email account I can’t open anymore. Even to change your email you need a code which is sent to your old email…

So the realisation is - LIFE GOES ON. It seems strange not to be able to access my town today - somethings just missing in my life. Was I addicted? I didn’t think so - but playing this game everyday was just a way of life. Now that I can’t get in its strange. Will I ever be able to get back in? Maybe, but who knows. Now I can’t. Yes, it’s just a game. Just a phone game. But when you’ve been playing it every day for the last 10 years, having it taken away is so weird. COVID has taken away so much this past few years it seemed inevitable that it would take this game as well too.

Oh well - there is much more important things in life than just a phone game - but this darn email verification has taken away a simple joy so many of us have.

Fingers crossed the next update takes the verification away. But at the same time - it’s nice to have the realisation that life still goes on without being able to log into tapped out every day - I might be able to use my daily tapping time to do something more productive (even though my daily tapped out logins were my relax and unwind time)

Life goes on…

Replies

• Nicknd84
    2999 posts Member
    It is a pain in the bum this I don’t know why ea have done this for surely they would realise that not everyone would have access to their original email and won’t be able to get the codes. It’s madness.

Oh it’s 9 years for the game. Next year will be 10
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • bluntcard
    3968 posts Member
    They'll get it sorted. All or most of the items you missed will be available again someday.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Oh it’s 9 years for the game. Next year will be 10

Count them: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021: that equals 10 years ☹️.

Today is now only the second day in 10 years that I won’t be able to access my town. I even tapped homer out of habit - ‘tap here to log in’, ‘enter your email for a verification code’… oh well. It’s going to be weird having another day without tapping in my Springfield. The event prizes will expire soon. Oh well, first world problems. Hopefully EA will respond to my message about this which I sent them yesterday (within the advertised 72 hours).

I guess tap free days can be treated as refresh days, but it just seems something is missing!

I hope EA reads this and understand how much this game means to loyal long standing players 🤞

• PotBellyPigeon
    536 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    gocatters wrote: »

Count them: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021: that equals 10 years ☹️.

Today is now only the second day in 10 years that I won’t be able to access my town. I even tapped homer out of habit - ‘tap here to log in’, ‘enter your email for a verification code’… oh well. It’s going to be weird having another day without tapping in my Springfield. The event prizes will expire soon. Oh well, first world problems. Hopefully EA will respond to my message about this which I sent them yesterday (within the advertised 72 hours).

I guess tap free days can be treated as refresh days, but it just seems something is missing!

I hope EA reads this and understand how much this game means to loyal long standing players 🤞
    Don't worry, you have until July 14th to get all of the prizes from all 4 acts in this event. Acts 2, 3 & 4 prizes will be added alongside Act 1's prizes so you won't miss out on anything when a new act starts. Everything from the event leaves on July 14th.
  • @gocatters - you'll need to contact EA Help and convince them it's your account.
    Log in to your account first and see what info they have. Say they ask for your address don't tell them where you live, tell them what they have on file or tell them it's not on file.
    If you pass their tests they can change your email for you, and you can find out which of the other glitches in this disaster are going to affect you until they're all solved too !!
    This isn't going to go back to how it was I bet, so don't hold out. Call EA or kiss it goodbye I'm afraid :(
    You'll often find me on Brooders tapped-out.co.uk
  • 1-Graham-S wrote: »
    @gocatters - you'll need to contact EA Help and convince them it's your account. Call EA or kiss it goodbye I'm afraid :(

Can it be resolved using their messenger service in help rather than having to call an expensive number? Sent a message but has not been 72 hours yet.

Oh well. We changed internet providers about 6 years ago, and as a result my old email was not renewed. I’m sure this would be a common scenario. The option to change your email without having to receive a code to the old email should exist - and this was never a problem before.

Anyway thanks for everyone’s help and reassurance 🙂

• @gocatters - the UK Help phone number being 084... is an insult, cheaper for me to phone the US or even Australia !! Try using the US help page and see about live chat when it's their business hours, I don't think emails would work and if they did the response time and the number of emails going back and forth would get daft quickly !!
    You'll often find me on Brooders tapped-out.co.uk
  • Nicknd84
    2999 posts Member

Nope it’s actually 9. 2012 to 2021 is 9 years next year will be the 10th anniversary as you don’t count the first year. So your telling me when you’re born you’re 1 years old? Nope you’re not 1 until the year later.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• mjc0117
    36 posts Member
    I just realised that after downloading the Simpsons Tapped Out back in about July 2012, I think I have logged into the game at least once every day since.

I’ve gone from the early glitches of buying land that disappeared, constant game crashes, instability, the frustration of high donut prices, lack of confidence of updates - to a somewhat more stable game (thanks to updated devices and simpler event gameplay), more frequent updates, the ability to make your own donuts and the satisfaction of putting a lot of work into designing a town to be proud of. I guess I was one of the lucky ones that I have not had many historical log in problems (like many have) and my device and gameplay has been somewhat stable throughout the life of the game.

Sure the game is not perfect, the events are rather mundane and pedestrian in regards of getting the new content - but the game is therapeutic to me. There’s something just relaxing and satisfying about logging in every day after work and giving your Springfield a bit of a tap. I’ve bought donuts. I’ve also farmed to increase my multiplier. I was lucky enough to get the golden goose. I cleared the yearbook. I had a big town that I’ve spent so much time on. All that was left was to add the new content that each event provides and work towards my goal of achieving maximum currency (I was sitting at just over 3.5 billion). My town was full but I was able to rearrange some things to make room for the new content in this event. The game gets interesting when there’s an event on and there is more stuff to add to your town.

Sure, there may have been some days in the last 10 years when I did not log in (when I’ve travelled or been away with no internet access) - but those days would have been very few. In fact I can barely remember how many times I was unable to log in, if at all. I think I’ve always logged in at least once.

BUT - that all changed today.

Today was the first day in 10 years I could not log in. The game randomly logged me out, and to log in it needs to send the infamous verification code to my now inactive email address from 2012 which I have no longer access to. Yes, many have this problem. The verification codes cannot be retrieved from an email account I can’t open anymore. Even to change your email you need a code which is sent to your old email…

So the realisation is - LIFE GOES ON. It seems strange not to be able to access my town today - somethings just missing in my life. Was I addicted? I didn’t think so - but playing this game everyday was just a way of life. Now that I can’t get in its strange. Will I ever be able to get back in? Maybe, but who knows. Now I can’t. Yes, it’s just a game. Just a phone game. But when you’ve been playing it every day for the last 10 years, having it taken away is so weird. COVID has taken away so much this past few years it seemed inevitable that it would take this game as well too.

Oh well - there is much more important things in life than just a phone game - but this darn email verification has taken away a simple joy so many of us have.

Fingers crossed the next update takes the verification away. But at the same time - it’s nice to have the realisation that life still goes on without being able to log into tapped out every day - I might be able to use my daily tapping time to do something more productive (even though my daily tapped out logins were my relax and unwind time)

Life goes on…

Welcome to the club. Played a few minutes daily - you know, nice mindless entertainment - for 9 years until EA inexplicably cut me off, sending me to an endless loop of verification codes and subsequent confirmation emails that never arrive, while my wife suffered your same fate; the dreaded defunct email address.

And sadly, through all this, EA has proven they could care less about any of us.

So welcome to your life without this game. Ain’t all bad. Next step is app deletion. Haven’t gotten there yet, but it’s coming .

• gocatters wrote: »

Nope it’s actually 9. 2012 to 2021 is 9 years next year will be the 10th anniversary as you don’t count the first year. So your telling me when you’re born you’re 1 years old? Nope you’re not 1 until the year later.

When you are 1, you are in the 2nd year of your life - so 2021 is the 10th year of Simpsons tapped out. You can argue both ways - mathematics can get a bit confusing at times! 🤣

• mjc0117 wrote: »
    Next step is app deletion. Haven’t gotten there yet, but it’s coming .

I don’t think I can bring myself to that - yet.

After all these years it’s strange not to be able to tap my Springfield again today. Oh well. Sorry that you and your wife are in the same boat ☹️

• Nicknd84
    2999 posts Member

When you are 1, you are in the 2nd year of your life - so 2021 is the 10th year of Simpsons tapped out. You can argue both ways - mathematics can get a bit confusing at times! 🤣

tenor.gif

No it’s still 9 years physically 9 years. I keep saying this 2012 to 2022 is 10 yes 10 years so next year is 10 years not 11. Go ask a friend away from here or ask a family member and they’ll tell you it’s 9 years you’ve been playing not 10.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• gocatters
    111 posts Member
    edited June 2021

tenor.gif

No it’s still 9 years physically 9 years. I keep saying this 2012 to 2022 is 10 yes 10 years so next year is 10 years not 11. Go ask a friend away from here or ask a family member and they’ll tell you it’s 9 years you’ve been playing not 10.

2012 to 2022 will indeed be 10 completed years, but in 2022 we will be in the 11th year of tapped out.

2012 to 2021 is indeed only 9 completed years, but we are currently in the 10th year.

In other words, Simpsons tapped out is currently 9 years old, but we are currently in its 10th year.

A bit confusing, but we are getting off topic. Let’s just agree to disagree - and continue to have the knowledge of no matter how many years we’ve been playing tapped out, EA don’t seem to care if long term players can’t currently log in! 😔

• Nicknd84
    2999 posts Member
    @gocatters yeah you’ll never see what I’m saying. You don’t count the year it started as 1 year as it’s not a year. Let’s leave it at that. But most people will agree with me.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• 168sean168
    4248 posts Member
    I think @NicholasD1984 is right. It is the way @gocatters wrote it. He wrote it like he has played it for 10 years. Unless it is stated like played it till the 10th year of the game.
  • Nicknd84
    2999 posts Member
    edited June 2021
    @168sean168 thanks. See @gocatters was counting 2012 as year one but it doesn’t work like that.

This from google
    pivqk6sfcllq.jpeg
    Post edited by Nicknd84 on
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• OK - I stand corrected!
  • Nicknd84
    2999 posts Member
    OK - I stand corrected!
    Try and have a good day
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

• gocatters wrote: »
    OK - I stand corrected!
    Try and have a good day

I’ll relieve my stress by doing some tapping in Simpsons tapped out…

…Oh wait! ☹️

🤣
  • Nicknd84
    2999 posts Member
    OK - I stand corrected!
    Try and have a good day

I’ll relieve my stress by doing some tapping in Simpsons tapped out…

…Oh wait! ☹️

🤣

😂
    You could try and come up with a rival Simpsons game that don’t need codes
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full