EA Forums - Banner

Ios 7 and TSTO.

Prev1
Some people on here have already tried the new iOS on their current phones and have had problems with TSTO, as far as when it actually hits I am sure EA would have fixed all of the problems associated before it launches officially out of beta. No need to worry.

Replies

• NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited August 2013
    When ever there is a new iOS update i never update my devices straight away as there is always bugs and the last thing i want is it messing my phone up or worse my TSTO game :shock:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited August 2013
    tobypine2 wrote:
    With iPhones etc getting iOS soon, I know there's folks who've been beta testing and developing etc.
    I'm just curious how well and smoothly the transition will go. I'm not That familiar with apple only having my iPhone a year and always been a pc guy.
    Anyone have insight or thnk how well it's gonna go? Or is EA gonna have to keep a free donut stash handy to handle complaints?

I don't want to lose my game over a new IOS

I have had IPhones for years and have never had a problem downloading the new version of IOS when it officially launches, but most people don't wait and DL it immediately and that is why they have problems.... There are reasons they have beta versions of something... To work out problems etc..
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited August 2013
    cl891 wrote:
    LtType77 wrote:
    Some people on here have already tried the new iOS on their current phones and have had problems with TSTO, as far as when it actually hits I am sure EA would have fixed all of the problems associated before it launches officially out of beta. No need to worry.
    I think the issue where they could access others' towns has been fixed. I remember people posting on here that it was no longer an issue for them. If anyone is on iOs7 beta is still having this problem then obviously post here.

Yea I remember the threads... I couldn't remember what the problems was though...
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited August 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    When ever there is a new iOS update i never update my devices straight away as there is always bugs and the last thing i want is it messing my phone up or worse my TSTO game :shock:

Exactly usually takes me around a month or 2 to diwnload if i can be bothered that is.
    On my iphone4 i had an update sitting there for nearly a year
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    LtType77 wrote:
    tobypine2 wrote:
    With iPhones etc getting iOS soon, I know there's folks who've been beta testing and developing etc.
    I'm just curious how well and smoothly the transition will go. I'm not That familiar with apple only having my iPhone a year and always been a pc guy.
    Anyone have insight or thnk how well it's gonna go? Or is EA gonna have to keep a free donut stash handy to handle complaints?

I don't want to lose my game over a new IOS

I have had IPhones for years and have never had a problem downloading the new version of IOS when it officially launches, but most people don't wait and DL it immediately and that is why they have problems.... There are reasons they have beta versions of something... To work out problems etc..

I will most likely be downloading it when it officially releases but I will be waiting a few days to make sure everything works right.
  • Epic_Tapper
    1036 posts
    edited August 2013
    I have the new ios 7 on my phone andni havent experierienced any problems its really smooth
    0BaR4te.jpg
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited August 2013
    I have the new ios 7 on my phone andni havent experierienced any problems its really smooth
    0BaR4te.jpg

Looks nice :)
  • Epic_Tapper
    1036 posts
    edited August 2013
    The thing i like the most is that you can have an animated background
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited August 2013
    The thing i like the most is that you can have an animated background

About time samsung has been killing it with their suttle differences
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Excuse my off-topicness, but will iOS 7 be compatible with iPod Touch 4G and iPad 2?
  • janvanwinsen
    7 posts
    edited August 2013
    No problems on the Ipad either. I've been testing from the start and TSTO ran smoothly every update :)
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited August 2013
    dominic115 wrote:
    Excuse my off-topicness, but will iOS 7 be compatible with iPod Touch 4G and iPad 2?

Probably the iPod Touch since it's still somewhat recent, possibly not the iPad 2, since there are already 2 newer versions already. I may be wrong though.
  • janvanwinsen
    7 posts
    edited August 2013
    dominic115 wrote:

Not the ipod im afraid
  • janvanwinsen
    7 posts
    edited August 2013
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited August 2013
    The devices that are iOS 7 compatible are:

iPhone

iPhone 5

iPhone 4S, but does not support:
    Filters in Camera app
    AirDrop

iPhone 4, but does not support:
    All items from iPhone 4S, plus
    Panoramic photos
    Siri

iPad

Fourth-Generation iPad

Third-Generation iPad, but does not support:
    Filters in Camera app
    Panoramic photos
    AirDrop

iPad 2, but does not support:
    All items from 3rd Gen. iPad, plus
    Filters in Photos app
    Square photos and videos
    Siri

iPad mini

iPod touch

5th generation iPod touch
    Any iPhone, iPod, or iPad that's missing from this list can't use iOS 7. Some of them can run iOS 6, though, and some of the older models on this list can use more of iOS 6's advanced features (find out what devices run iOS 6 here). While iOS 6 is still a very good OS, some of the models that can't run iOS 7 are four years/generations old, while others are expected to be replaced by new models in Fall 2013. If you have one these older models, consider upgrading. IOS 7 and its great features may convince you that it's time for a new iPhone, iPod, or iPad.

Looks like I had it wrong. Yes on iPad 2, NO on iPod Touch Gen 4

*Also, I know TSTO likes to require the newest IOS at some point (usually major update), so anyone using a first gen iPad, and an iPod Touch that is not gen 5, will eventually lose access to the game, likely around Halloween or Christmas.
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited August 2013
    Man, the icons look terrible on ios 7. But I guess that's a small price to pay for all the new features and increased functionality.
  • HomerSwapMeet
    726 posts
    edited August 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    The devices that are iOS 7 compatible are:

iPhone

iPhone 5

iPhone 4S, but does not support:
    Filters in Camera app
    AirDrop

iPhone 4, but does not support:
    All items from iPhone 4S, plus
    Panoramic photos
    Siri

iPad

Fourth-Generation iPad

Filters in Camera app
    Panoramic photos
    AirDrop

Filters in Photos app
    Square photos and videos
    Siri

iPad mini

iPod touch

5th generation iPod touch
    Any iPhone, iPod, or iPad that's missing from this list can't use iOS 7. Some of them can run iOS 6, though, and some of the older models on this list can use more of iOS 6's advanced features (find out what devices run iOS 6 here). While iOS 6 is still a very good OS, some of the models that can't run iOS 7 are four years/generations old, while others are expected to be replaced by new models in Fall 2013. If you have one these older models, consider upgrading. IOS 7 and its great features may convince you that it's time for a new iPhone, iPod, or iPad.

Looks like I had it wrong. Yes on iPad 2, NO on iPod Touch Gen 4

*Also, I know TSTO likes to require the newest IOS at some point (usually major update), so anyone using a first gen iPad, and an iPod Touch that is not gen 5, will eventually lose access to the game, likely around Halloween or Christmas.

What do you mean iPad 2, but does not support?
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited August 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    iPad

Fourth-Generation iPad

Filters in Camera app
    Panoramic photos
    AirDrop

Filters in Photos app
    Square photos and videos
    Siri

iPad mini

It means that the iPad 2 can use IOS 7, but won't have any enhancements or updates to use those features. Which are: Filters in Photos app, Square photos and videos, Siri, Filters in Camera app, Panoramic photos, AirDrop. Everything else will work. Basically you won't get Siri support (I don't think this iPad had this functionality) or those photo/camera enhancements since your iPad's camera is not the newest one.
  • HomerSwapMeet
    726 posts
    edited August 2013
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    iPad

Fourth-Generation iPad

Filters in Camera app
    Panoramic photos
    AirDrop

Filters in Photos app
    Square photos and videos
    Siri

iPad mini

It means that the iPad 2 can use IOS 7, but won't have any enhancements or updates to use those features. Which are: Filters in Photos app, Square photos and videos, Siri, Filters in Camera app, Panoramic photos, AirDrop. Everything else will work. Basically you won't get Siri support (I don't think this iPad had this functionality) or those photo/camera enhancements since your iPad's camera is not the newest one.

Thanks for clarifying
  • Pixxxa
    429 posts
    edited August 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:
    Man, the icons look terrible on ios 7. But I guess that's a small price to pay for all the new features and increased functionality.
    I agree... Although a couple look nice, thay ALL look really flat. Would have been nice if they'd applied some effects to them. I suppose that might improve when it's launched for general consumption.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.