EA Forums - Banner

Restart Game - Restore Purchases

I've recently tried to return to the game after many years away and it seems my old save is corrupted and not restorable (still working with EA) so I decided to create a new account and restart the game in the meantime. On a whim I clicked the "Restore Purchase" and was pleasantly surprised to get a pop-up box that my item was in my inventory. I clicked OK on that one and got another message saying the same thing. I ended up rapidly confirming many of these messages which I was really happy with because I thought that I'd be able to get a bunch of Premium characters/Locations, then the very last one unlocked the Peasant costume for Squeaky-Voiced Teen (whom I'd already purchased in this game). But then I looked in my inventory and found...nothing. It was completely empty.

Does anyone have any idea what happened there?

Replies

• If you have Squeaky-Voiced Teen already then just click on him and you'll see a skin option and it should be there.
  • If I'm understanding this correctly, you are probably restoring those purchases to your old game. I don't think you can transfer purchases between games like that. Maybe I'm wrong?
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • Castiel19x wrote: »
    If you have Squeaky-Voiced Teen already then just click on him and you'll see a skin option and it should be there.

Yeah the costume is there without issue - but that's the ONLY thing that I can actually see, and the fact that it did unlock in this game suggests that the other things that supposedly restored should work as well, it's the inconsistency I don't understand.
    If I'm understanding this correctly, you are probably restoring those purchases to your old game. I don't think you can transfer purchases between games like that. Maybe I'm wrong?

Yeah I would've thought so too, I didn't actually expect anything to work so getting the "successful" dialogs was quite a pleasant surprised, and because 1 costume DID restore and work in the game I don't understand why the it did and the others didn't. It's just inconsistent which is what's confusing me