EA Forums - Banner

Just an idea: why can't we change in game money into donuts?

At the end of the day, EA is a business and if there is no good source of income from the game they will stop supporting it with updates and what-not. And plus EA already give out free donuts on the occasion so no, I don't think converting cash into donuts is a good idea.

Replies

• josh4908
    801 posts
    edited November 2012
    xDaft_Punk wrote:
    At the end of the day, EA is a business and if there is no good source of income from the game they will stop supporting it with updates and what-not. And plus EA already give out free donuts on the occasion so no, I don't think converting cash into donuts is a good idea.

Well said. It's a nice idea but the long term effects would end this game for sure. EA wants to make money.
  • adruralo
    3281 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    We are not going to see change of cash into donuts, EA would lose out.
    However your idea of a bank is an excellent one, gain interest on the money you have saved with other features added to this including the threat of having your money stolen by Snake.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • LimeWire_Prime
    55 posts
    edited November 2012
    Hmm okay I understand, but with the high prices of premium items, you need a lot of time to earn those donuts, so the promotion of buying them is still present.

Look at angry birds, it works there too (daily space eagle for free, daily gimmick etc for free, in AB STAR WARSyou can get millennium falcon for a amount of stars you got)

Why shouldn't these work here?

Springfield is lesser complicated programmed and much more expensive than any other game I know....
  • mattyhere
    43 posts
    edited November 2012
    I agree that we should be able to do this. Furthermore i think it should be an equal exchange rate. For example if 115 donuts is 15000 cash, you should be able to buy 115 donuts with 15000 cash altho i know thats never gonna happen.
  • LimeWire_Prime
    55 posts
    edited November 2012
    No, a 1:1 exchange rate would be not good, maximum is a 1:2 rate,but I think 10.000 bucks for one donut is fair,and can be earned fast for farmers for example
  • MarFur93
    107 posts
    edited November 2012
    This is never going to happen. At the end of the day EA is a business here to make money.
  • Besucherxia
    20 posts
    edited November 2012
    EA is even incapable of fixing the account reset and the premium item bug so what else are you expecting from them?

Make a good and attractive game with high quality => encourage more players to keep playing and pay

Squeeze money as fast as a cheap game can => take the profit, abandon the game and switch to next project

I am pretty sure EA tends to the latter as the prefect business man.

And to be fair, by making the game more addictive the OP will bring more volume to the server and more infamous Bart faces.
  • fronjm05
    1 posts
    edited November 2012
    Ok but what about my 1500 treats just gone?
    I used donuts on a moseleum . So I technically spent $ on those.
    No treat to donut exchange? Thanks for the rip off.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!