EA Forums - Banner

Cobblestone Wall or Hedges?

Prev1
Cobblestones! Looks more real, for some reason.

Replies

• am4692
    2253 posts
    edited August 2013
    Maybe break up some of the hedges ( which is the one I like better and will vote for) with some shrubs or a cobble stone zig zag path, just to add a bit of contrast. :D

But I'm not really one to talk I'm not that good at the whole 3D thing. :lol:
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2013
    Why's there not an option for neither? uY4SE9x.gif

I think the cobblewalls work better although is a tough decision :? One question would it look better if you took the top layer of cobble walls or hedges away so it doesnt look sunken or is that the effect you was after?

Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Both look great but I prefer the cobblestone version, nice work
  • NeiltonSantos11
    1113 posts
    edited August 2013
    looks more realistic with cobblestone!
  • LuciiTigger14
    1769 posts
    edited August 2013
    Love the cobblestones! But both look great :)

*taking screen shots to copy later* :P it'd be alot easier if you just sent me pics everytime you changed something lol :mrgreen: jk
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2013

*taking screen shots to copy later* :P it'd be alot easier if you just sent me pics everytime you changed something lol :mrgreen: jk

Just add him and then copy cat his whole town, Jay would love that 1wc01R2.gif
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    I voted hedges but really, it doesn't matter. I just wish the cobblestones came in a color that better matched the mountain. I'm really helpful huh? :mrgreen:
  • dominic115
    938 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Cobblestone looks better, looks more Aztec and cool :) and as mwdalton said, more realistic.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2013
    Indys2nd wrote:
    I voted hedges but really, it doesn't matter. I just wish the cobblestones came in a color that better matched the mountain. I'm really helpful huh? :mrgreen:

The only thing that seems to match the mountain is the beach....thats where i got mine placed 7gnQ6hH.gif
  • LuciiTigger14
    1769 posts
    edited August 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Oh I'm already his neighbour. Just wanted him to know I'm watching :shock: :P
  • datasurgeon
    1871 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    Ultimately you have to look at them all the time. Either looks good
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    I'd vote for neither, sorry.

There isn't enough green space and with the Mount smashed up against the hedges/cobblestones it ruins the effect. To create the illusion, there needs to be more green space so it doesn't look like those structures are taller than the grass. This results in making it look "sunken" on top.

However, if your heart is set on these designs then I would reluctantly pick the cobblestones because there is a little more green space on that design than in the hedges one.
  • melodyhodge
    1691 posts
    edited August 2013
    Cobblestones!
  • CounterSniper67
    439 posts
    edited August 2013
    Please forgive me jaykay47 I didn't mean to give you a complex about your mountain. 8)
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Oh I'm already his neighbour. Just wanted him to know I'm watching :shock: :P

I see :lol: If you was to copy parts of his town he would certainly know you was watching :lol:
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited August 2013
    Thanks very much for your honest feedback so far everyone. It's great to be able to see it from others' perspectives. It seems like Cobblestone Walls are winning just slightly. I voted for Cobblestone just so I could see the results, not realising there was a View Results link literally millimetres underneath the poll options. :lol:

I've taken away the top row of walls and shifted the next row in an attempt to take away the sunken effect that they've given Mt. Carlmore as a few people have mentioned. This has proven to be quite difficult unfortunately. I don't think I can really avoid it. Here's what it looks like now:

null_zps341ceae1.png

I guess I am committed to this type of design (sorry Lissa :)), as it is a mountain I'd like it to be a little more elevated than its surroundings.
    Please forgive me jaykay47 I didn't mean to give you a complex about your mountain. 8)

Haha you need not worry my good man! I was kind of doubting the hedges anyway and your advice helped. :D It's all for the greater good anyway hey? :mrgreen:
  • NeiltonSantos11
    1113 posts
    edited August 2013
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Indys2nd wrote:

The only thing that seems to match the mountain is the beach....thats where i got mine placed 7gnQ6hH.gif
    thanks for the tip, i was gonna just store it in my inventory cause it looked stupid on grass :P
    2gv7x41.jpg
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited August 2013
    The front looks much better, if you could somehow move the Mount away from the back more (while maintaining the same amount of space in the front) then it will dimish the look of the back walls being so tall.

Or maybe put some trees to try and hide it (but not up against the walls otherwise it will just emphasize the height differences).

It doesn't look as sunken anymore, good work.

I've made the switch to mostly coblestones myself, I like the look better however they don't line up exactly right on the corners sometimes.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited August 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    The front looks much better, It doesn't look as sunken anymore, good work.

iwxIfBtl.png
  • butterfly26k
    76 posts
    edited August 2013
    I voted hedges which was winning 11 to 9. I cant do the 3d thing. Ive tried and failed miserably, I shall have to watch a tutorial I think. I'd like at least one in my town.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!