EA Forums - Banner

SF Feedback and suggestions for my neighbours :D

Prev1
Wow! This is amazing :) Thank you for taking your time to evaluate my town! I removed the pavement behind Krabapple and it worked better with grass! Tony's should get a redesign in the near future so we'll see how that ends up. By outdoor theater do you mean the Open Air Stage? A bit confused by that pointer. :)

Thank you once again!

The lovely
The incorporation of burning bushes in your temple hedges are great!
Guns of Navarone (which we talked baout before)
Your lovely beach area inbetween the diner and the pub. Great landscaping!

Suggestions
A little less pavement in Kamp Krusty area to emphasize nature (but I really love the narrow paths you have created with the shack!)
Mix the trees at the bowlorama. Spin them and perhaps change a few to get a more natural flow (since no trees look exactly the same)

Replies

• Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited September 2013
    Wow! This is amazing :) Thank you for taking your time to evaluate my town! I removed the pavement behind Krabapple and it worked better with grass! Tony's should get a redesign in the near future so we'll see how that ends up. By outdoor theater do you mean the Open Air Stage? A bit confused by that pointer. :)

Thank you once again!

The lovely

Suggestions
    A little less pavement in Kamp Krusty area to emphasize nature (but I really love the narrow paths you have created with the shack!)
    Mix the trees at the bowlorama. Spin them and perhaps change a few to get a more natural flow (since no trees look exactly the same)

Yes I meant the open air stage. Not sure why I said outdoor theatre! Lol!

Thanks so much for your suggestions! I especially like your kamp krusty suggestion because I thought there's something not quite right in that area. And i think you hit the nail on the head. Will have to do some tinkering there later.
    Will definitely rotate some trees so they don't look artificial. Thanks again! :D
  • dadilydoo750
    344 posts
    edited September 2013

Thank you once again!

The lovely

Suggestions

Yes I meant the open air stage. Not sure why I said outdoor theatre! Lol!

Thanks so much for your suggestions! I especially like your kamp krusty suggestion because I thought there's something not quite right in that area. And i think you hit the nail on the head. Will have to do some tinkering there later.
    Will definitely rotate some trees so they don't look artificial. Thanks again! :D

Just don't mess with the one-square-wide pavement and you'll be fine ;)

The only general suggestion I have for your town is to give all the buildings the attention they really deserve. They shouldn't be cramped together. They deserve a nice flow of air between them all. So... EA, give Mae more space goddamnit!

I have so little room left but I definitely feel a few areas should be bigger to create a more dynamic scenery. The open air stage is one of them! I may try to make it bigger by moving a few things around :)
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited September 2013

Just don't mess with the one-square-wide pavement and you'll be fine ;)

The only general suggestion I have for your town is to give all the buildings the attention they really deserve. They shouldn't be cramped together. They deserve a nice flow of air between them all. So... EA, give Mae more space goddamnit!

I have so little room left but I definitely feel a few areas should be bigger to create a more dynamic scenery. The open air stage is one of them! I may try to make it bigger by moving a few things around :)

My own open air stage is Pathetic. Was thinking its too cramped for the longest time. Maybe I'll replace the tables with benches.

Yeah I ran out of space and made many design compromises :( If ea doesn't give s more land in the next update, Im seriously thinking of starting an online petition.
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the suggestions. But I think I will keep my parking for now. It's what makes my town look realistic. Your town is great but it causes my game to crash a lot. Figured you might want to know that.

Haven't seen you on this board that often. Are you coming back? Yea, I lurk sometimes on the other board but I'd never leave this one.

Nice idea for a shout out thread. I may copy this. I always like to pm my neighbors to tell them what I like a out their towns. Makes people's day, I think. Jennifer did that awhile ago too. :D
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited September 2013

Had to put my town on a diet to improve gameplay. That's why there are considerably less trees about. I'm also on a donut budget so I can't blow loads on premiums :( saying that I've just checked my bank and I've been paid....
    Thanks for the comments, I'll have a little play about With the landing zone

Airport will return when I get another strip of land :wink:
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited September 2013
    Oh man. Mae you are an absolute gem. The fact you took time to review every bodies Springfields is bloody sensational. You're a smashing neighbour.

Thank you so much for the feed back and suggestions. I'm gonna work on the abrupt ending to the water, haven't got around to placing campfires where needed just yet and bloody Mt Carlmore!! Lol I don't know what to do with it haha. :D When you said "what do I know anyway?" you couldn't be more be more wrong. Your town speaks for itself. I don't know if I'd be able to find a way for you to improve it but I will take a look later for you! :D

You're awesome Mae, love your work!!

Edit: lol @ mpwarner "put my town on a diet" haha :lol:
  • LuciiTigger14
    1769 posts
    edited September 2013
    Indys2nd wrote:
    Thanks for the suggestions. But I think I will keep my parking for now. It's what makes my town look realistic. Your town is great but it causes my game to crash a lot. Figured you might want to know that.

Haven't seen you on this board that often. Are you coming back? Yea, I lurk sometimes on the other board but I'd never leave this one.

Nice idea for a shout out thread. I may copy this. I always like to pm my neighbors to tell them what I like a out their towns. Makes people's day, I think. Jennifer did that awhile ago too. :D

Yep, you made my day when we became neighbours and you complimented my town :)
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited September 2013
    Indys2nd wrote:

I did it one a long time ago, a shoutout to a lot of people. This isn't a shoutout thread tho, it's more of feedback. (Maybe unwanted feedback? :? )

As for the crashing, unfortunately I have a lot of decorations in my town but I don't want to decrease my deco/compromise my design. Thanks for telling me though :D

Was away for two main reasons (I) trolling and (2) busy with work/loved ones. I like the other board too, really nice folks there. Less trolls too.
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited September 2013
    mpwarner wrote:

Had to put my town on a diet to improve gameplay. That's why there are considerably less trees about. I'm also on a donut budget so I can't blow loads on premiums :( saying that I've just checked my bank and I've been paid....
    Thanks for the comments, I'll have a little play about With the landing zone

Airport will return when I get another strip of land :wink:

Yay! Bring back airport!! Airport! Airport!
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited September 2013
    Oh man. Mae you are an absolute gem. The fact you took time to review every bodies Springfields is bloody sensational. You're a smashing neighbour.

Thank you so much for the feed back and suggestions. I'm gonna work on the abrupt ending to the water, haven't got around to placing campfires where needed just yet and bloody Mt Carlmore!! Lol I don't know what to do with it haha. :D When you said "what do I know anyway?" you couldn't be more be more wrong. Your town speaks for itself. I don't know if I'd be able to find a way for you to improve it but I will take a look later for you! :D

You're awesome Mae, love your work!!

Edit: lol @ mpwarner "put my town on a diet" haha :lol:

I don't know what to do with mount carlmore either. It's just so ugly! Sigh.

Your town is gorgeous man. You don't need any feedback. Go with your gut. Anything I suggest are just minor things anyway.
  • mitzytaz
    1376 posts
    edited September 2013
    I remember doing this a while ago. I had 49 neighbours that I listed one by one. Took ages so I can appreciate the work Mae put into her thread.

I have a small neighbourhood now that suits me better :-)

Thanks for the feedback Mae although I prefer my bowlarama looking pretty as it doesc :mrgreen:
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited September 2013
    mitzytaz wrote:
    I remember doing this a while ago. I had 49 neighbours that I listed one by one. Took ages so I can appreciate the work Mae put into her thread.

Thanks for the feedback Mae although I prefer my bowlarama looking pretty as it doesc :mrgreen:

Yup I remember that thread :D

Was going to pm neighbours individually, but I lost patience and decided to put it in one thread cos I'm lazy and now it's dinner time. Lol!

See that's why I don't give you feedback! You have a beautiful vision and what do I know anyway? Lol! :D it's like giving feedback to michaelangelo.
  • mitzytaz
    1376 posts
    edited September 2013
    mitzytaz wrote:

Was going to pm neighbours individually, but I lost patience and decided to put it in one thread cos I'm lazy and now it's dinner time. Lol!

See that's why I don't give you feedback! You have a beautiful vision and what do I know anyway? Lol! :D it's like giving feedback to michaelangelo.

Don't be daft I'm not offended or anything so it's cool. It's sweet of you to offer feedback as I know like myself you often get people asking for feedback so it's nice. :mrgreen::) Enjoy your dinner
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited September 2013
    mitzytaz wrote:
    mitzytaz wrote:

Don't be daft I'm not offended or anything so it's cool. It's sweet of you to offer feedback as I know like myself you often get people asking for feedback so it's nice. :mrgreen::) Enjoy your dinner

Yup gotta go out and buy some noodles soon. Well if you have time, would appreciate your feedback on my town :D anything at all that you think doesn't look right
  • mitzytaz
    1376 posts
    edited September 2013
    Maybe via Pm later lol. I quit playing that game publicly a while ago :-)
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited September 2013
    hmm if this thread is causing a lot of pain and embarrassment let me know and i'll ask the mods to delete. I'll know better next time.
  • mitzytaz
    1376 posts
    edited September 2013
    I'm sure your neighbours love the thread so don't worry. You've taken the time to do it and I think the thread has already proven your neighbours appreciate it :-) :-)
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited September 2013
    mitzytaz wrote:

I remember that thread too. My town has changed a lot since then. You commented on my Frink's lab. :D
    hmm if this thread is causing a lot of pain and embarrassment let me know and i'll ask the mods to delete. I'll know better next time.

NO!!

null_zps29b5de3f.jpg
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited September 2013
    mitzytaz wrote:
    I'm sure your neighbours love the thread so don't worry. You've taken the time to do it and I think the thread has already proven your neighbours appreciate it :-) :-)

hdHo9zn.gif
  • Maegnificent
    1863 posts
    edited September 2013
    its come to my attention that my thread has upset and offended my neighbour(s). this thread was not meant to upset anyone. I apologize sincerely. i really like all my neighbours towns as they are all wonderful in their own unique way.

in any case I will now ask the moderators to delete this thread.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!