EA Forums - Banner

Does anyone know the Christmas event dates?

I'm sure I saw the dates of the Christmas events on here before it started, but can't seem to find it now. Does anyone know when they are? I don't want to send all 540 characters on 24 hour tasks if there is a new stage about to start :#

Replies

• Found these
    Act 1: December 7, 2022 - January 11, 2023
    Act 2: December 16, 2022 - January 11, 2023
    Act 3: December 25, 2022 - January 11, 2023
    Act 4: January 3, 2023 - January 11, 2023
  • Found these
    Act 1: December 7, 2022 - January 11, 2023
    Act 2: December 16, 2022 - January 11, 2023
    Act 3: December 25, 2022 - January 11, 2023
    Act 4: January 3, 2023 - January 11, 2023

Thanks!

• Thank you, great help
  • I go off them starting Wednesday then a week on Friday / Sunday / Tuesday for acts 2, 3 and 4. Got a useless memory for dates so I just have to try and make sure I know what day it is !! 🙃
    You'll often find me on tapped-out.co.uk
  • 1-Graham-S wrote: »
    I go off them starting Wednesday then a week on Friday / Sunday / Tuesday for acts 2, 3 and 4. Got a useless memory for dates so I just have to try and make sure I know what day it is !! 🙃

It's Tuesday Graham....so make sure your bin is at the curb! :)
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • Mmmm Christmas dates
    oa0djgbsv87z.jpg
    n47ysnyb2hb5.jpg

Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • Man, they really drag these events out, don't they? Nine days in between when most people can easily complete each section in 3. So much wasted time and then it goes to mid-January.
  • Yes - then I find I rarely manage to complete the last section despite having too much time at the beginning
  • Man, they really drag these events out, don't they? Nine days in between when most people can easily complete each section in 3. So much wasted time and then it goes to mid-January.

This first act has definitely felt over long, but this next 10 days or so I’ve got a lot on so will likely fall a bit behind with Act 2 and 3; and be grateful for the time at the end to catch up!
  • PotBellyPigeon
    539 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Man, they really drag these events out, don't they? Nine days in between when most people can easily complete each section in 3. So much wasted time and then it goes to mid-January.

Its probably because there are more characters that can gather the currency in this event since its usually 8 (max) regular characters plus the new premium characters (4 or 5) released in the events, this event also has 5 returning characters and costumes from previous Christmas events that gather currency.

Compared to events in the past, its not like it was in the past since events used to be 6 weeks long with 3 acts (there was a couple 7 week events as well in the game's early years which used to drag on).

• Its probably because there are more characters that can gather the currency in this event since its usually 8 (max) regular characters plus the new premium characters (4 or 5) released in the events, this event also has 5 returning characters and costumes from previous Christmas events that gather currency.

Compared to events in the past, its not like it was in the past since events used to be 6 weeks long with 3 acts (there was a couple 7 week events as well in the game's early years which used to drag on).

Yes, but in the past there were many elements to each event (visiting friends, global team challenges, crafting etc.) to keep us busy. Also, the requirements to earn each prize usually increased as you went. For the past few years, it has been a repetitive four hour format that can usually be completed in less than half of the allocated time. I understand that they were trying to make it easier for the more casual players to achieve all of the prizes, but for many of us, it leads to 6-7 days of boredom between each act. They went from one extreme to the other and oversimplified the game play too much. I know I should be happy for any new content in a 10+ year old game (which I am), but I miss the way it used to be.
  • I miss zapping ghosts-or zombies-or elves, collecting presents and valentines, the games within games and the mini movies (love the Wild West one!). Good times
  • johncolombo
    11670 posts Senior Moderator
    I miss zapping ghosts-or zombies-or elves, collecting presents and valentines, the games within games and the mini movies (love the Wild West one!). Good times

Dropping presents was fun. Finding them, not so much, but hilarious at times where they'd end up.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • I miss zapping ghosts-or zombies-or elves, collecting presents and valentines, the games within games and the mini movies (love the Wild West one!). Good times

Dropping presents was fun. Finding them, not so much, but hilarious at times where they'd end up.

I'd like to see something like that return.
    $$Donuts isn't an issue$$ -$1,000 spent-tk7ebwtnrlv3.jpg
  • > @Surfcitygal said:
    > I miss zapping ghosts-or zombies-or elves, collecting presents and valentines, the games within games and the mini movies (love the Wild West one!). Good times

Glad I’m not the only one that was thinking this! I’ve been playing on and off since the Whacking Day event, and the earlier events were definitely more fun. The 4 hr collect item tasks are repetitive. I get bored by February but inevitably come back each Halloween. I miss the zombies and presents!
  • Wrkingrl19 wrote: »
    > @Surfcitygal said:
    > I miss zapping ghosts-or zombies-or elves, collecting presents and valentines, the games within games and the mini movies (love the Wild West one!). Good times

Glad I’m not the only one that was thinking this! I’ve been playing on and off since the Whacking Day event, and the earlier events were definitely more fun. The 4 hr collect item tasks are repetitive. I get bored by February but inevitably come back each Halloween. I miss the zombies and presents!

The events from the old days were really creative! -compared to what we've been getting recently. I have to wonder who quit, what change occurred, to cause this huge shift in game design. I do appreciate it's being maintained, but wow did the creativity disappear
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!
  • Back then one act would end as another started so there was only one currency to collect at any time. Now there's up to 4 on the go depending on how you tap when the last bit starts. It's not impossible but does make it tricky to figure what those extras would pay out.
    You'll often find me on tapped-out.co.uk
  • what happened is the Harry Potter game came out and all the devs but a few were assigned to that game because it really is a cash cow
  • Bump Happy New Year
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • 11EEvey wrote: »
    what happened is the Harry Potter game came out and all the devs but a few were assigned to that game because it really is a cash cow

Where can see a comparison of revenue from Potter vs Simpsons ?
    All my designs look unfinished because i can't place as many plants, streetlights, and fences as i would like. PLEASE REMOVE THE LIMIT, EA!