MaxxSpider wrote:
    scmtUGk.jpg
    thats alot of data you use :lol:
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    My phone doesn't have enough memory to hold game,

So I use data for forums when I'm not around wifi

I think I have 4 g of data though, haven't gone over.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited September 2013

its not data I'm worried about. It's the battery hahaha. But iv got unlimited data :thumbup:
  • Indys2nd
    1906 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Are you going to play it 5 hours a day? I can't imagine it will take that long to collect and assign jobs to characters. I have 2GB on my phone now. Before that it was unlimited data and it still never went over 2. You should be ok.
  • subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited September 2013
    My bill doesnt reset until the 17th, already had my 80% data used text out of 2gb. I guess in the next couple of days ill have to get a bolt on.
    So i use roughly 3gb a month
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    okay so im thinking of getting data on my phone, i dont have much to do at work...

and so my question is, how much data per month do most of you go through playing tsto?

i would be playing about 5/hrs a day mostlikely.

please give how much you use and how much you play... ish.

the game doesn't use much data, per se. The only substantial data you download is with an update.
  • NeiltonSantos11
    1113 posts
    edited September 2013
    5 hours a day on data, that'll be quite a lot, my college has a wifi we can use though :mrgreen:
  • JoshJHunter
    437 posts
    edited September 2013
    so about 2 gb? i figure halloween updates coming so i'll be playing alot that why i say 5hrs, cause if it's anything like whacking day... ill be addictied till i win the prizes/ have enough.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    so about 2 gb? i figure halloween updates coming so i'll be playing alot that why i say 5hrs, cause if it's anything like whacking day... ill be addictied till i win the prizes/ have enough.

Again, when it comes to just TSTO, you are not using very much data. Web services, text messaging, etc... that's a whole other ballgame.
  • jedgeco
    247 posts
    edited September 2013
    What specifically are you going to be doing with TSTO?

If you're just logging in once and playing for 5 hours, that's not going to use much data, just one sync down and sync up.

If you log in every 30 minutes, that's more data.

If you visit 100 friends a day, that's another 100 syncs down and syncs up.

So while the game doesn't use a ton of data, you can very easily blow through the 300 MB that the lowest tier plans on some carriers offer.
  • TwiztidThorn
    2686 posts
    edited September 2013
    I've got unlimited, but I'm grandfathered in.
  • kuroashicook
    709 posts New member
    edited September 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    scmtUGk.jpg

This is EXACTLY what I thought the thread was about when I read the title. lol
  • elbonians
    16 posts
    edited September 2013
    subii42 wrote:
    My bill doesnt reset until the 17th, already had my 80% data used text out of 2gb. I guess in the next couple of days ill have to get a bolt on.
    So i use roughly 3gb a month

Ok but Tapped Out is in no way responsible for that much data. You should look more into what is causing this in your phone usage and see if there's a simple change you can make without paying more money.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    its not data I'm worried about. It's the battery hahaha. But iv got unlimited data :thumbup:

The game does really kill your battery dont it :lol: If you wanna drain your phone down to give it a nice big re-charge then put Tapped out on it will drain the battery double quick :lol:

I'm unlimited on my 3G usage so i dont really take any notice of what it uses, tbf tho i very rarely use 3G unless i have to im wifi where ever i go normally :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited September 2013
    I always get the crap deals as im getting the new iphones as they come out, i use 3G all day and wifi at night. TSTO, this forum i have noticed loading gifs kills your data and facebook lol are really the only apps i use and sometimes watch a couple if vids on break
  • Trinity_E86
    323 posts
    edited September 2013
    subii42 wrote:
    I always get the crap deals as im getting the new iphones as they come out, i use 3G all day and wifi at night. TSTO, this forum i have noticed loading gifs kills your data and facebook lol are really the only apps i use and sometimes watch a couple if vids on break

I've just made a thread about this forum and its loading issues http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9693347.page

My screen is taking long enough to load at the moment with all the videos and images and thats on wifi, so I dread to think how long it would take on 3G and how much data it would go through :(
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:

Luckily my iPod battery last for quite awhile with game n forums

My phone battery is another story for just forums really it last for ****.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Sorry thought this thread was about me

never mind!! (quote Gilda Radnor)
    :oops:
  • verov143
    689 posts
    edited September 2013
    jedgeco wrote:
    What specifically are you going to be doing with TSTO?

If you're just logging in once and playing for 5 hours, that's not going to use much data, just one sync down and sync up.

If you log in every 30 minutes, that's more data.

If you visit 100 friends a day, that's another 100 syncs down and syncs up.

So while the game doesn't use a ton of data, you can very easily blow through the 300 MB that the lowest tier plans on some carriers offer.

That's what I've noticed as well. If I have a full battery but am low on data, I'll play TSTO because its the least data-draining. If you sync constantly it will use more data but nothing drastic.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.