EA Forums - Banner

Is it safe to say this game is dying/dead?

Replies

  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    sherryt07 wrote:
    We know they are watching. They've been giving us updates up the wazoo, based on what they've seen here. I bet it's already gotten back to the bigwigs what has been happening.

    Agreed. It truly would be a shame if the mods destroyed this game for everyone. Truly a shame indeed. You make an excellent point, Sherry.

    Even the last update kinda shows it. More premium than free, maybe they are trying to milk the last dollars they can before the end.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    sherryt07 wrote:
    We know they are watching. They've been giving us updates up the wazoo, based on what they've seen here. I bet it's already gotten back to the bigwigs what has been happening.

    Agreed. It truly would be a shame if the mods destroyed this game for everyone. Truly a shame indeed. You make an excellent point, Sherry.

    Even the last update kinda shows it. More premium than free, maybe they are trying to milk the last dollars they can before the end.

    Another excellent point. I am in love with you and not even for your beautiful looks, but for your brilliant mind. My hope is to marry you one day.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    You say the sweetest things.
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    It's weird, people have dropped off this board
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:
    You say the sweetest things.

    <3
  • TwiztidThorn
    2686 posts
    edited September 2013
    I don't know if the game is dying, but the forums barely have a pulse. A mad power play to flex by a certain someone to show that they are still in charge will do that. I would have never spent a dime on this game had I know what a certain someone was going to pull. I've also let ea know this. It won't do any good, but after what happened here they aren't getting anymore money from me.
  • TwiztidThorn
    2686 posts
    edited September 2013
    It's weird, people have dropped off this board
    it's not weird. History is full of examples of people fleeing from a tyrant.
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited September 2013
    I don't know if the game is dying, but the forums barely have a pulse. A mad power play to flex by a certain someone to show that they are still in charge will do that. I would have never spent a dime on this game had I know what a certain someone was going to pull. I've also let ea know this. It won't do any good, but after what happened here they aren't getting anymore money from me.

    What you don't know could fill an entire Library. Funny, I let EA know too. But I bet we're talking about two different people

    The good thing is, EA knows everything. All actions on the internet are recorded. So, I guess we'll see what happens

    ;)
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    I just wish that they remembered from before they were mods. They were all active OT thread abusers too. And in trying to appease people who don't post, they got rid of most of the ones who do.
  • TwiztidThorn
    2686 posts
    edited September 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:
    I don't know if the game is dying, but the forums barely have a pulse. A mad power play to flex by a certain someone to show that they are still in charge will do that. I would have never spent a dime on this game had I know what a certain someone was going to pull. I've also let ea know this. It won't do any good, but after what happened here they aren't getting anymore money from me.

    What you don't know could fill an entire Library. Funny, I let EA know too. But I bet we're talking about two different people

    The good thing is, EA knows everything. All actions on the internet are recorded. So, I guess we'll see what happens

    ;)
    I'm not interested in fighting with you.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    The forums aren't dead. There are too many new people that come in and replace the old, so it won't die any time soon. That being said, most of the people who left recently, were the ones who gave this forum a positive vibe. You know... friendly people. And since then, the amount of times I've seen people get in to an internet fight at the drop of a pin has multiplied. And the worst part is, most of those people I can't even remember who they are, because they haven't been here long enough to get an avatar. They just come in, say something sh**y, and then leave.

    And that's what happens. When new people come to a friendly forum, they are more inclined to be social. But without positive people, I don't see any reason why they'd want to do that. If all they see is complaining, they'll respond by complaints about their complaining.

    No one here is obliged to to keep things positive for the sake of new people, but if you want to see these forms improve, then that's the best way to do it. I want to see the forums be less sh**y, and so being positive is what I aim to do.
  • TwiztidThorn
    2686 posts
    edited September 2013
    Bravewall wrote:
    The forums aren't dead. There are too many new people that come in and replace the old, so it won't die any time soon. That being said, most of the people who left recently, were the ones who gave this forum a positive vibe. You know... friendly people. And since then, the amount of times I've seen people get in to an internet fight at the drop of a pin has multiplied. And the worst part is, most of those people I can't even remember who they are, because they haven't been here long enough to get an avatar. They just come in, say something sh**y, and then leave.

    And that's what happens. When new people come to a friendly forum, they are more inclined to be social. But without positive people, I don't see any reason why they'd want to do that. If all they see is complaining, they'll respond by complaints about their complaining.

    No one here is obliged to to keep things positive for the sake of new people, but if you want to see these forms improve, then that's the best way to do it. I want to see the forums be less sh**y, and so being positive is what I aim to do.
    s3BsBlv.gif

    +100
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Last 2 posts just made my otherwise awesome thread extremely lame. Abandon ship!
  • TwiztidThorn
    2686 posts
    edited September 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Last 2 posts just made my otherwise awesome thread extremely lame. Abandon ship!
    You're welcome.
  • HomerSwapMeet
    726 posts
    edited September 2013
    Where are the 'forum avengers' to save the day? :roll:
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited September 2013
    Where are the 'forum avengers' to save the day? :roll:

    Think they got disbanded.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Bravewall wrote:
    The forums aren't dead. There are too many new people that come in and replace the old, so it won't die any time soon. That being said, most of the people who left recently, were the ones who gave this forum a positive vibe. You know... friendly people. And since then, the amount of times I've seen people get in to an internet fight at the drop of a pin has multiplied. And the worst part is, most of those people I can't even remember who they are, because they haven't been here long enough to get an avatar. They just come in, say something sh**y, and then leave.

    And that's what happens. When new people come to a friendly forum, they are more inclined to be social. But without positive people, I don't see any reason why they'd want to do that. If all they see is complaining, they'll respond by complaints about their complaining.

    No one here is obliged to to keep things positive for the sake of new people, but if you want to see these forms improve, then that's the best way to do it. I want to see the forums be less sh**y, and so being positive is what I aim to do.

    Like I said, I hope it gets back to normal soon. But, it's definitely dead right now. But I understand what you are saying.

    I remember a long time ago, I was a big time lurker. I watched the camaraderie of the forumites and wanted to be involved. H1, simpsons0001, mdfriend, Spiffshine, Lissarv68, Neosec28, RS, Nettangel (I'm missing tons of people, these are off the top of my head). Tons of OT threads then too, but maybe because the game was newer, they didn't stay at the top quite as much. But things were fun here. After everybody left, it was slow for awhile, but new people came and it was fun again. But now, with the restrictions on the forum I don't see it coming back again.
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Last 2 posts just made my otherwise awesome thread extremely lame. Abandon ship!

    Are you wearing a speedo?
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited September 2013
    "It's not dead yet"

    I'm sure they have something fun in store for Halloween, then of course Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the bend.

    I'd like to see more content that pushes interacting with friend's Springfields again. The last time I even bothered to visit another town was Easter. The egg collecting was kind of fun, though borderline obsessive in my case.
  • grannybern14
    385 posts
    edited September 2013
    The statistical analysis EA reviews ensures the game will continue. I can't say the same for this forum. There's little reason to participate.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!