EA Forums - Banner

people with mazes

You mean what type of items to use for building it? Probably hedges. If you want to know how to design a maze, it might be helpful to draw one by hand first. Even better if you have a gridsheet to draw it on. Barring that, you could always just start putting hedges, or whatever you decide to use, on to your map and see how it ends up.

Shoot, just realized you wanted comments from people that actually have hedges in their own towns. Nevermind me then, though this is how I would do it, if I were to make one maze...

Replies

• Jesfer72
    90 posts
    edited September 2013
    Nah thats fine. I will be using hedges and going to get some grid paper tomorrow. But the more I think about it I think I figured it out. Put down the correct path first then just add hedges around it to confuse people without making the correct path obvious.
  • MyNoNoSp0t
    90 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    indy has a great maze in his town. i made a small one just to take up some odd space i had but its simple and not hard to get through.
  • am4692
    2253 posts
    edited September 2013
    I suppose the easiest way is to copy a maze of the Internet. Or if you want it to be an original piece the don't copy them, just use the pics to get some ideas of how you want yours to look. Shape, size, etc.
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    I based mine on a simple hedge maze pattern i found on the internet then added a bit to it of my own design around the outside
  • awshux915
    237 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    I didn't draw mine out in advance, but that probably would have helped. I did spend a good amount of time making sure that my maze had only one solution, though. I also tried to make it so that the pathway through was only one grid wide in all places, which necessitated some creative hedging here and there. My maze isn't as big as the one you're planning, but I think it turned out okay. Here's a picture:

05a88fb105068df32598c8f368d31360.jpg
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Make your pathways 2 squares wide for the best look to the maze. I only have a tiny maze at the moment but used to have quite a large one. Didnt bother drawing it out first just made it up as I went along. I would only say you need to preplan your maze if you want a symetrical ornate looking maze.
  • Jesfer72
    90 posts
    edited September 2013
    I found on the internet an easy way of creating one and going to plan it out here in the next couple days.
  • theredjacket
    526 posts
    edited September 2013
    I made The Overlook Maze from The Shining and put my Scary House from Haloween out front to make it even more "The Shining." The Escalator to Nowhere fit in the middle so I put that there as well.
    I used this map:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=the+shining+maze&newwindow=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=FzstUp1HqJrIAZibgLgI&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=320&bih=418&sei=GjstUuzmA4WmyQGIwICICw#biv=i%7C2%3Bd%7CCXcDSUoQ3eacyM%3A
    My advice would be to NOT follow a map because it was a huge pain in the ****, however, if there's something specific you want, you may not have a choice.
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    What I did!

Edit pic: 875jjrQ.png
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    What I did!

Nice :) I'v never tried a maze, but this one looks nice and simple

Did you forget to post the pic the first time? I do that all the time, copy the pic and then forget to put it in :lol:
  • jenniferbusc
    2392 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    What I did!

Nice :) I'v never tried a maze, but this one looks nice and simple

Did you forget to post the pic the first time? I do that all the time, copy the pic and then forget to put it in :lol:
    Oh yeah not think ahead just post then head smack for forgetting.

I did a simple one because a more advanced one would confuse me, n I made it more into a golf course than just a maze!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!