EA Forums - Banner

Too much?

Prev1
I can understand your pain. I really do feel sorry for anyone who did not start playing, say, by February. There are just too many things going on and it can be overwhelming. I am thankful I am at the highest level so when we do get new levels/content I can stay on top of things.

Once you get through this chaos, it does get better

Replies

• zooter23
    116 posts
    edited September 2013
    Well at least you're not bored :D You're in a great position to take things as they come. Don't try and tackle too many things at once and enjoy the ride. The walkthroughs can help with that. If a limited time quest line comes up, you may want to focus on that, otherwise, take it easy and have fun with all the new things available to your town!
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    I completely agree with zooter. I hope you are using the walkthroughs, as they are a lifesaver so you can plan who you need when
  • elbonians
    16 posts
    edited September 2013
    I'm at a similar level as far as building things, but I don't really understand the question. Are you saying the presence of multiple storylines at once is confusing and you can't follow them?

My issue right now, perhaps similar, is that I don't want to build more buildings in Springfield, for a while, until I have more cool building ideas and more money. I want to make my boardwalk bigger and make my Krustyland bigger, but suddenly Carl and Lenny started talking in Krustyland, without actually existing. I knew right away what that meant. As soon as I finish the structure being requisitioned by Carl and Lenny, they are going to want to ride it, and they can't do that without existing.

So what does that mean? I suddenly have to progress the main storyline by FIVE MORE BUILDINGS so that some guys who can talk but not ride rides will more substantially exist. I'm almost there, finally.
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    You should feel lucky. Most of us had to plow through those quests one at a time. The Krabappel questline took an age with nothing happening, it made watching paint dry not only seem interesting but speedy!
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts
    edited September 2013
    Wow, actually complaining that you have something to do and look forward too... This is a game, if you have nothing to do, you'd rather just move on. If EA stops releasing new content I know I will move on at once.
  • YokimotoFIFA
    24 posts
    edited September 2013
    You should feel lucky. Most of us had to plow through those quests one at a time. The Krabappel questline took an age with nothing happening, it made watching paint dry not only seem interesting but speedy!

I'm on the Krabappel one now. It really is very boring.

Channel 6 is 2 hours away from finishing it's build, so hopefully that should liven things up a bit!
  • waylenchoate
    434 posts
    edited September 2013
    I can understand your pain. I really do feel sorry for anyone who did not start playing, say, by February. There are just too many things going on and it can be overwhelming. I am thankful I am at the highest level so when we do get new levels/content I can stay on top of things.

Once you get through this chaos, it does get better

I started in February and I think you're right. The SP tiles are painstaking slow and then they dropped KL and updates in between and after so there has been very little time when I'm not mid quests.
  • rwvolture
    1260 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    I recently completed my Squidport and I'm done with KL, just waiting for Tooth Chipper to build but 5 balls in the other categories. I just started All night Gym today. Still not enough money to build Wolfcastle's mansion. I like that there's a lot to do :D
  • HCoinslot
    1186 posts
    edited September 2013
    So your gripe is.... to much free content?

First world problems.
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    I like that theres lots to do even when it seems like there isnt. Im still completing my squidport, still working on my Krustyland (just need the tooth chipper and im done) and now im redesigning. I havent even bought the all night gym yet! I still have that, the wax museum, the high school and the newest building to build and I cant buy any of them because im still working on buying the land to put everything on. Over the levels I just piled building upon building just to get through the quest lines and i've made a mess out of the city. Its looking more like Squishville than Springfield :D

Once I get the land purchased and buildings moved, I need money to decorate with and then its on to saving up for the next piece of land and the next building space to work on.

I have about a month or so until the halloween stuff comes out (crosses fingers) to get this all sorted out

It does get better once you hit max level and have all the buildings and the land and the decorations, but if you slow down and build it as you come to it, you'll enjoy it a lot more. It will seem like its taking longer but once you finish the levels, you'll be glad you did and not end up in the mess that my city is in :)

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • nutsforbart
    144 posts
    edited September 2013
    You should have been here for Whacking Day!! The rest of my life stopped for whacking snakes and trading eggs. I think my husband thought I was having an affair with my iPad. LOL I have really enjoyed this game. And was glad when I found the forum. I do wish there was more interaction when visiting friend's towns. It was nice at valentines when you could see who had been there so you could make returning the favor to their tows a priority. Whacking day pushed us to share more via the forum. But it worked.
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    @snowyriver..........Springfield! !!!!!!!
  • tobypine2
    292 posts
    edited September 2013
    Having started at Christmas, I can remember the stretches between main quests when it was all linear. Not counting tie in quest lines or valentines day I had enough going to try and save up but it did wear thin once or teice waiting for the main quest to advance. Then all Changed. Around Whacking day if memory serves. Suddenly had three quest lines overlapping g and was busy on one all the time. I like it more now, even though I'm leveled out and just working on KL
  • sarahstown
    69 posts
    edited September 2013
    I started in the last couple of weeks of Whacking Day and I've only just gotten on top of everything in the past few weeks, at the point where I can actually buy a couple of plots of land between updates and begin spreading everything out. Still building SP and KL but they really don't bother me not being 'finished', it's the main SF that I'm happy about being up to date on because I thought I'd never get here. Every time I got close, another update came out and I had to save up for a week to try and get there.

It does happen, though! One day you'll come out the other side, look at your town with pride, and then start asking when the next update is going to come out.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited September 2013

Yes, the Smithsons live in Springfield, get it right, geez :mrgreen:
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    sarahstown wrote:
    I started in the last couple of weeks of Whacking Day and I've only just gotten on top of everything in the past few weeks, at the point where I can actually buy a couple of plots of land between updates and begin spreading everything out. Still building SP and KL but they really don't bother me not being 'finished', it's the main SF that I'm happy about being up to date on because I thought I'd never get here. Every time I got close, another update came out and I had to save up for a week to try and get there.

It does happen, though! One day you'll come out the other side, look at your town with pride, and then start asking when the next update is going to come out.

Yes, where has that next update gone?
  • dreadydrea
    201 posts
    edited September 2013
    Did someone say update??
  • snowyriver32
    1528 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    mwdalton wrote:

I have fixed the spelling. My train of thought had a train wreck :lol:

Speaking of updates...wheres Gil with his duff brewery/SpringFIELD sign/$5000 promotion? :shock:
  • rwvolture
    1260 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    mwdalton wrote:

I have fixed the spelling. My train of thought had a train wreck :lol:

Speaking of updates...wheres Gil with his duff brewery/SpringFIELD sign/$5000 promotion? :shock:

He's saving up for gas money to get back to town :P
  • FoolishDoughnut
    172 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Personally, I would let Squidport goin favor of Krustyland, because SP is virtually POINTLESS. it sits and looks pretty, but you can't do anything with the boardwalk players, and there is a very, very small number of tasks on it. In matter of fact, aside from the opening storyline, I haven't used the SP *once*. At least in Krustyland, the characters can do things!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!