EA Forums - Banner

OT: no more off topics?

Prev1
Is it true?

PM a mod. I'm not sure exactly what they are doing anymore.

Replies

• mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited September 2013
    I think the idea is to post in the off topic thread stickied.
    Personally I don't see that working as (I for one) never check the stickies unless I need something (walkthrough). Also it would mean wading through pages and pages of uncorresponding posts, even if they are all OT at least before you could pick or choose what you read
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    mpwarner wrote:
    I think the idea is to post in the off topic thread stickied.
    Personally I don't see that working as (I for one) never check the stickies unless I need something (walkthrough). Also it would mean wading through pages and pages of uncorresponding posts, even if they are all OT at least before you could pick or choose what you read

I didn't even see the sticky . :( lame , there are more efficient ways to organize the forum versus banning freedom of speech.....
  • anti-flag79195
    140 posts
    edited September 2013
    All I can say is its about time. This should cut down on the Woe is me I'm leaving/returning the forum/game threads. Aka give me attention threads
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    All I can say is its about time. This should cut down on the Woe is me I'm leaving/returning the forum/game threads. Aka give me attention threads

Why can't they just ban those ❤️❤️❤️❤️ attention-seeking threads but still keep the good OT threads like for video games and sports?
  • anti-flag79195
    140 posts
    edited September 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:

Why can't they just ban those ❤️❤️❤️❤️ attention-seeking threads but still keep the good OT threads like for video games and sports?

I agree. I don't understand why they don't just make a off topic sub forum.
  • Bart-man5674
    1633 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:

What threads do you mean

But I agree with you a little bit that's why I'mposting here less its not as fun as it used to be
  • mikeydluffy
    2014 posts
    edited September 2013
    It's quieter around here no question. However I say it's a breath of fresh air not seeing goodbye / I'm back, post milestone and absent threads. The OT game threads could have been left alone to continue though.
  • rwvolture
    1260 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    It's quieter around here no question. However I say it's a breath of fresh air not seeing goodbye / I'm back, post milestone and absent threads. The OT game threads could have been left alone to continue though.

whats worse is 50 threads about the halloween update and 100 threads about I need more land :lol:
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    The goodbye threads were stupidity at its finest. Same with post milestones.
  • anti-flag79195
    140 posts
    edited September 2013
    rwvolture wrote:

whats worse is 50 threads about the halloween update and 100 threads about I need more land :lol:

At least those 2 are about the game. Not someone's status on the forum. This is a game forum not facebook

• rwvolture
    1260 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    rwvolture wrote:

At least those 2 are about the game. Not someone's status on the forum. This is a game forum not facebook

I agree but do we really need that many threads about the same 2 topics. It makes other threads get lost easily
  • SuperMario643000
    1589 posts
    edited September 2013
    I'm just going to make off topic threads anyway, what's the worst that could happen?
  • Bart-man5674
    1633 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Let is post what we want
    Let us express are thoughts
    And let us Make OT threads
    Please
    stop+the+madness.gif
  • philieb
    930 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    OT threads are really what keep the forum alive. They keep activity up between updates. OT threads should stay. Everything a noob needs is already "stickied" at the top. (Edit: Except for the OT sticky :P )

Just sayin.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Bart-man5674
    1633 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    philieb wrote:
    OT threads are really what keep the forum alive. They keep activity up between updates. OT threads should stay. Everything a noob needs is already "stickied" at the top.

Just sayin.

To be fair
    tumblr_mlizpqB5Cq1rfy5mvo1_500_zps60bfbcb2.gif

Some people obviously hate the forum and won't let us have fun
    tumblr_mpyc4jJdne1r08o57o1_500.gif

How you can tell us we can't post things and not care that the main posters on this forum are leaving
    tumblr_m1ppisfLFp1qk13l8o6_250.gif

This is what happening to the forum
    iron-man-tony-stark-explosion-in-background.gif
  • TwiztidThorn
    2686 posts
    edited September 2013
    philieb wrote:
    OT threads are really what keep the forum alive. They keep activity up between updates. OT threads should stay. Everything a noob needs is already "stickied" at the top.

Just sayin.

To be fair

How you can tell us we can't post things and not care that the main posters on this forum are leaving

Hope
    BOFPOtR.jpg
  • SuperMario643000
    1589 posts
    edited September 2013
    philieb wrote:

Just sayin.

To be fair

Thank you, forem avenger!
  • Bart-man5674
    1633 posts Member
    edited September 2013

Thank you, forem avenger!

It's OK
  • dcg_moo
    101 posts
    edited September 2013
    This is Forum Moderation 101.

No OT threads = on topic threads that get distracted by OT stuff because there's nowhere to post it.

Or, the other common result... forum dies when the people who keep it intetresting pick another website with a less communistic approach.

I learned this in 1995. So will these mods.

And timing sucks... since I can't log on to my town, I guess this forum is useless now.

I'm not attached to the place, just the people and fun. If the fun crowd moves elsewhere, please let us know. I hear Spansers site has a forum now.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    remember when playing in someone else sandbox, they make the rules ; all you can do is steal the sand
    believe it was Confucius but my Mandarin is weak
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!