EA Forums - Banner

Ep Tie-In= Price Changes??

ive never seen the price drop after a update or anything

Replies

• firesoul19
    452 posts
    edited September 2013

Are you at the highest level? If you are still going through the storylines, you wouldn't ever see them change because (from my understanding) they only drop once. If you look at the walkthrough you'll see the Current price and then the original price in ( ).
  • glitzyoccasions
    93 posts
    edited September 2013
    firesoul19 wrote:

Are you at the highest level? If you are still going through the storylines, you wouldn't ever see them change because (from my understanding) they only drop once. If you look at the walkthrough you'll see the Current price and then the original price in ( ).

im at level 35
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    Episode tie-ins aren't really an added lvl just an item they give for limited time usually free but sometimes they give 1 free and 1 donut item as well but last update items don't drop in price from it like lvl updates.
  • firesoul19
    452 posts
    edited September 2013
    ecneralc wrote:
    Episode tie-ins aren't really an added lvl just an item they give for limited time usually free but sometimes they give 1 free and 1 donut item as well but last update items don't drop in price from it like lvl updates.

Yes I remember the SF Falls was free and then Asia de Cuba was released for donuts, I believe at the same time. Ok, so that's was I was looking for.... that there's not usually a price drop unless it's a bona fide new level added. Thanks!
  • firesoul19
    452 posts
    edited September 2013
    firesoul19 wrote:

im at level 35

Ah, ok. So then you just go ahead and buy the buildings as soon as they come out? That's what most people do. Like I said, I've just recently started trying to delay the purchase of these super expensive buildings. For a long time I only knew they dropped because of the walkthrough prices.
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    firesoul19 wrote:
    firesoul19 wrote:

im at level 35

Ah, ok. So then you just go ahead and buy the buildings as soon as they come out? That's what most people do. Like I said, I've just recently started trying to delay the purchase of these super expensive buildings. For a long time I only knew they dropped because of the walkthrough prices.

If you wait for oct 1st it might drop because last year they gave us a new lvl and Halloween at sametime
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited September 2013
    firesoul19 wrote:

There's more than 1 drop. There's 4-5 drops. It doesn't matter what level you are on, it matters if you neglect purchasing it. When level 36 goes out, level 35 items drop by 1/3 of the price, level 34 items will drop a little (not a huge drop), 33 items will drop a little, same with level 32 and level 31 items. Level 30 items will be at their 'supposed-to-be' price.

Basically they want to make it easier for newer players to get to the highest level without paying the premium price of the levels. So if you are all finished and up-to-date on all characters and quests and want the next level, you pay a X3 premium price of what the structure should cost. The prior level is X2 and the 3 below that are X1.7, 1.6, 1.5 or something like that. 6 levels back is the lowest and permanent price.

And Firesoul, no the apartments and knowledium will not drop in price tomorrow, nor will they drop on Oct 1st. They will only drop when Level 36 is released, which with an event starting Oct 1st, likely won't be until Oct 17th at the earliest. Though they may surprise and do level 36 and the event on Oct 1st, but they've never done that with other events before, and usually midway through we do get a new level.
  • ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    FehOHn8.jpg

Bwf9vns.jpg

First two paragraphs, it wasn't till after Christmas lvl and events stopped coming together vday was next event but didn't come with lvl 26
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    firesoul19 wrote:
    I'm sure the answer to this is No, but I haven't paid attention when the other episode tie ins were released (ex. SF Falls). So, the main buildings pretty much only drop in price when a new level is released, is that right?

Since the High School and Knowledgeum came out, I've been trying to conserve cash by waiting until the next level to buy the buildings, since I'm usually fairly broke. Would be really nice if the price dropped on Patti/Selma's apartment this week, but I won't hold my breath. Might just have to cave and pay full price. :cry:
    I'm in the same boat as you, but there is just no way I am paying almost 400K for Patti and Selma. If I have to wait until after Halloween for level 36 to drop the price, then that is what I'm going to do.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.