EA Forums - Banner

new player advice

First and foremost go to the walkthroughs and bookmark it. That way you know who to have ready when. It is a lifesaver and the reason I found this forum in the first place

Here is the link
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9626421.page

Oh and let me be the first to welcome you. WELCOME to the forum. Good luck with your new addiction

Replies

• MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    I have been playing since the beginning and still don't have all the land.
    There is no rush just enjoy it.

But there is really only 2 ways to speed up.

I have one neither

1. buy lots of premium decorations to increase your multiplier by spending money on donuts

2. House farm
  • ephphoneapps
    4071 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:

I agree. This game is a marathon, not a sprint.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    welcome, agree it's not a sprint. House farming is not what it's crack up to be. What you invest in land and houses could be invested in buying items to advance.

Note that you do not have to do the side quest items when requested. For example say you are given a 4 hour quest just before you planned on an 8 hour siesta take an 8 hour task then then 4hour if convenient.
  • rwvolture
    1260 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    best advice I can give: whenever there is a limited time event like tomorrows season premiere event and Tuesday starts Halloween, focus on that event and NOTHING else. Normal stuff will be around forever but limited stuff when gone it's gone so don't miss out.
  • imfkool
    1111 posts
    edited September 2013
    rwvolture wrote:
    best advice I can give: whenever there is a limited time event like tomorrows season premiere event and Tuesday starts Halloween, focus on that event and NOTHING else. Normal stuff will be around forever but limited stuff when gone it's gone so don't miss out.

+1 Well said.
  • frogger53
    684 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    rwvolture wrote:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Best advice you can take......welcome and just have fun! :-)
  • Homer807
    267 posts
    edited September 2013
    MaxxSpider wrote:

I have one neither

1. buy lots of premium decorations to increase your multiplier by spending money on donuts

2. House farm

I'd say house farming is really just exploting and cheating, looks horrible. And what's the fun about it?
  • FluidEmotion
    605 posts
    edited September 2013
    Homer807 wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

I have one neither

2. House farm

I'd say house farming is really just exploting and cheating, looks horrible. And what's the fun about it?

House farming isn't cheating, hacking is cheating. But I agree that house farming looks horrible... Not that I have a beautifully decorated town, but atleast I don't house farm :)

By the way, nice to see a fellow countryman on the boards! :)
  • swientjes
    276 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    rwvolture wrote:

Exactly!

You don't have to rush anything. Focus on events finishing their quests first
    The events mostly finish a day before next update if you don't rush

What I do is simply set event character to do task ( for instance 8 hrs) everybody else will do also an 8 hrs task than so everybody is free when first quest ends. When starting second quets ( for instance 24 hrs) i set all on 24 hrs task. And so on and so on

Make sure to buy multipliers (limited items) and there is no need at all for house farming than

Just my 2 cents :wink:
  • Micaela2409
    74 posts
    edited September 2013
    I was given a great advice a few weeks ago. I started playing 2 or 3 months ago and the game gets overwhelming, with main quest, side quest, squidport and krustyland. So the advices I got and I follow:

- read the walkthroughs, although sometimes they're not in order
    - focus on main quest but, if you have the money keep occasionally building boardwalk tiles because they take forever to build
    - when possible, place KL bus. You can get tickets without having any characters there and you slowly build stuff (veeeeery slowly, but it is possible).
    - when low on cash, always choose to buil the buildings with characters. More charactes=more tasks and more money

If you can, buy some premium characters (I was lucky and got squeaky voice teen in a mistery box). They get more money.

And the advice I should have followed: run for your life and delete this game while you have a lofe LOOOL
  • NarraMine88
    379 posts Member
    edited September 2013
    I'd say don't rush the game because when you get to the maximum level there's lots of waiting between updates and it can get pretty boring, although the updates have been quite frequent lately. I was against house farming for ages but then I lost my job and no longer had money to waste on donuts... and of course cash/xp equals donuts if you get to the maximum level and do the weather station/Honda trick. So yeah I'd say only house farm if you're skint in real life and you've reached the bonus stages.
  • Homer807
    267 posts
    edited September 2013
    Homer807 wrote:
    MaxxSpider wrote:

I have one neither

2. House farm

House farming isn't cheating, hacking is cheating. But I agree that house farming looks horrible... Not that I have a beautifully decorated town, but atleast I don't house farm :)

By the way, nice to see a fellow countryman on the boards! :)

I feel like it's cheating, not the way the game is supposed to be played. If you rush to the max level with house farms and get all the buildings in no time, you're going to get burnt out.

Ooooh, where are you from? :)
  • Homer807
    267 posts
    edited September 2013
    But some advice, just buy tons of land. You will need it and if you don't do it you're going to have a bad time.
  • dbrennan71
    20 posts
    edited September 2013
    And the advice I should have followed: run for your life and delete this game while you have a lofe LOOOL

would have to agree with this!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!