EA Forums - Banner

WAY behind on buildings

dhort1985, be patient and you'll eventually catch up.

Do you really want to start from scratch again as you've almost made it to the current inal lvl, all that work and effort for nothing?

I have 2 games on the go and both are at lvl23 and in one of them I have always been behind the buildings for the lvl as I have been farming on a small scale but it was enough to put me behind with the buildings, in the other I have always been tight for money as I didn't farm and found I lvl up before having enough money for the buildings as the building become quite expensive.

I have been waiting for the Chanel 6 building in one game and the Krabappel appt in the other and thought I'd have got the quests to build both by now but as I haven't I'll just let the game give them to me when it decides to do so. I had a similar situation to you and when I eventually got the quest for one of the buildings (sorry cant remember which one) the others followed very soon after it was built so although still a little behind its just the way things have played out in that game.

All good things come to he who waits, stick with it and it will happen for sure.

Replies

• dhort1985
    414 posts
    edited November 2012
    Yeah I definitely don't want to restart my game. Especially since, and I'm a little embarrassed to say this, I have spent literally hundreds of REAL dollars buying premium items. There is literally not one premium item I don't have. It's an addiction. I have a problem. But thank you for your reply. I guess I'll just have to wait. :evil:
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited November 2012
    Let's start with the obvious stuff before you go deleting anything.

First off is your taskbook open and is it empty? If not, do those tasks even if they don't relate to building anything. I've been held up in my progression before because Apu hadn't yet finished his 8 hour shift at the Kwik-E-Mart even though Apu had nothing to do with what I was building and wasn't the trigger for the next one.

Secondly, the building after the Gilded Truffle is King Toot's and for that you need Skinner available and he will send Lisa to play the sax three times. Skinner will say something about a talent show then Lisa will practice to be ready for it (her "Play the Sax" task three times in a row). After the third she says she broke her last reed, asks Homer to build King Toot's so she can get a new one and that's when you get to start building. If Skinner is available watch for that, and try not to keep Lisa in any long term tasks unless there's already one in your taskbook waiting to be done.

Check that and see if that helps. Good luck.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • caesarscott
    82 posts
    edited November 2012
    in the same situation. level 22, but i just got done building the police station and got wiggum out patroling. and i'm almost at level 23. have to grind to get money and the XP comes with it so there's no choice but to level up fast. it's that or spend a ton of money on donuts to buy dollars. and i'm not going to do that
  • dhort1985
    414 posts
    edited November 2012
    Ahh! Lisa is currently doing her 3 sax thing. I'm on the last one. So apparently King Toots is about to become available. Thank you so much for that tid bit. I was wondering why they were making me do that.

• thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited November 2012
    Back when Level 20 was the end of the game the later buildings used to cost a lot more than they do now; the City Hall that currently will cost you $68,000 used to be $146,000 IIRC and when prices were high they had to give people time to earn all the money they needed so there were a lot of quests to accomplish between constuction. I can't remember everything but I think after King Toot's you get the Police Station pretty quickly but after that is built you end up having to send Homer, Wiggum and Comic Book Guy through a big eating contest before you get to Skip's Diner, Wiggum's got to accept bribes three times before you can build City Hall, etc. etc. etc. Use the time to build up the cash reserves you're going to need for the later buildings and land expansions. :)
  • jofre_nash
    1171 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    dhort1985 wrote:
    Yeah I definitely don't want to restart my game. Especially since, and I'm a little embarrassed to say this, I have spent literally hundreds of REAL dollars buying premium items. There is literally not one premium item I don't have. It's an addiction. I have a problem. But thank you for your reply. I guess I'll just have to wait. :evil:

Hey don't be embarrassed. If you have the premium items then eventually you'll have a really cool town. I once added some dude who bought all the land and all the premium items using real money, and he didn't even care to arrange his town. That guy should be embarrassed.

• dhort1985
    414 posts
    edited November 2012
    I have seen towns like that!! No rhyme or reason to the placement of buildings and the roadways make no sense. I mean, why play the game if you are just going to throw stuff around without making it look nice? Dhort1985 if you want to add me. I'll add you in return. Always looking for like-minded people to steal.. I mean, borrow, ideas from. :D
  • rs876
    874 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm "way" behind on buildings also. My problem is spending money on land instead of buildings. And from reading this forum, not in a hurry to get the Post Office, the Krabappel Apartment, and/or Channel 6 news.
  • adamantiumm
    7 posts
    edited November 2012
    The problem may be that with all the premium items, you earn +exp too quickly for the game to dole out the quests.

• thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited November 2012
    rs876 wrote:
    I'm "way" behind on buildings also. My problem is spending money on land instead of buildings. And from reading this forum, not in a hurry to get the Post Office, the Krabappel Apartment, and/or Channel 6 news.

You should be in a big hurry to get Channel 6. That thing makes over $200 an hour by itelf. It's the most valuable building in the game so far.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!