EA Forums - Banner

Christmas Update Ideas

Prev1
Santa's Little Helper as a character introduced during a quest involving the Springfield Downs. Make him an actual playable character with his own set of jobs & quests unlike the Raven, Burns Monster and such that only walk around. You can also buy his Doghouse and place it anywhere in your town.

- Go pee in a nearby tree - 10 minutes
- Chase tail around - 30 minutes
- Eat lunch/dinner - 1 hr
- Sleep in dog House - 4 hrs
- Chase Snowball 2 around town - 8 hrs (Unlocks Snowball II as a character but unlike SLH, he is like Burns Monster)
- Race in the Springfield Downs - 12 hrs

Adding a new category for characters "Springfield Pets" which can include Santas Little Helper & Snowball II, but can have open spots for other pets such as Mojo the Helper Monkey, Nibbles, Laddie & Stampy

I also want to see something to do with the Happy Little Elves. Make a special themed building that unlocks one of them as a character

Try-n-Save with Don Brodka
Springfield Mall with Dolph
Santa's House with Santa Claus

Replies

• bear2489
    54 posts
    edited November 2012
    All I want in the next update is more than one level. I maxed out Level 23 in a day or two.
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Those are some great ideas deadshot.. They really need to listen.. Perfect set of Santa's Little Helper and the rest of Christmas.. Hopefully we get Barney and Mr Plow to.. Even though it might make more sense to add him after Christmas as a sort or winter update since Mr Plow wasn't really even a Christmas episode.. Even tho it would still be nice for December
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited November 2012
    Like Deadshot I thought Santa's Little Helper and the Try-N-Save would be good additions. They could also add a couple building facades a la the Heck House for the church and put Christmas decorations on some of the buildings. "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire" was the episode that started it all so an homage to that would be awesome.
  • esenpi
    73 posts
    edited November 2012
    Jasper Beardly : premium
    Helen lovejoy : Lovejoy's house
    Judge Roy Snyder  : Court
    Nick riviera : clinic
    Dr hibbert : springfield's hospital
    Crazy cat lady  : her house
    Barney gumble : barney appartment
    Wayland Smithers : burns manor
    Herman : military antique shop
    Sideshow Mel : krusty studio
    Agnes Skinner : Skinner's house
    Arnie Pye: channel 6 chopper 
    Lionel hutz : Lawyer office
    Lenny : premium
    Carl : bowl o rama
    Eddie Burns : premium
    Lou : cops car
    Disco stu : Stus disco
    Gary Chalmers : premium
    Kirk Van Houten : A.A.'s
    Patty : D.M.V.
    Selma : Appartment
    Captain Mccalister : fryin dutchman
    Brandine : premium
    Akira: happy sumo restaurant
    Ralph Wiggum : wiggums house
    Gros tony : gentlemen club
    Troy mcclure : springfield mall
    Rodd et todd : leftorium
    Wolfcastle : his hummer
    Jimbo Jones : arcade 

Ok they aint xmas but still ;)
  • jiffypark
    7 posts
    edited November 2012
    Christmas update aside, changing to night time based on your location. Even if not region based, just the ability to view in PM.
  • adruralo
    3284 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Santa's Little Helper as a character introduced during a quest involving the Springfield Downs. Make him an actual playable character with his own set of jobs & quests unlike the Raven, Burns Monster and such that only walk around. You can also buy his Doghouse and place it anywhere in your town.

- Chase Snowball 2 around town - 8 hrs (Unlocks Snowball II as a character but unlike SLH, he is like Burns Monster)
    I really like this idea, oh if only.
    Good suggestion.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
  • creeeeeeeeeed
    150 posts
    edited November 2012
    Deadshot I really like your Santa's Little Helper idea.

Costington's with the Yes Guy
    Springfield Mall, and some sort of Cletus' Farm/Channel 6 thing where you get to buy and open certain stores inside the mall( i.e. Leftorium, I Can't Believe It's A Law Firm!, etc. And they increase the income from the Mall)
    Ol' Gil as a premium character (able to do a lot of jobs at buildings like Sqeaky Voiced Teen)
    Barney as a main quest character (available from lvl 24 with the Bowl-A-Rama), but he has an outfit (i.e. Mayan Homer) for his Plow King business.
    Try-N-Save with Don Brodka (although having him would look out of place with all the other notable Springfieldians I guess)
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited November 2012

Adding a new category for characters "Springfield Pets" which can include Santas Little Helper & Snowball II, but can have open spots for other pets such as Mojo the Helper Monkey, Nibbles, Laddie & Stampy

I also want to see something to do with the Happy Little Elves. Make a special themed building that unlocks one of them as a character

Try-n-Save with Don Brodka
    Springfield Mall with Dolph
    Santa's House with Santa Claus

Really like those ideas.. ALSO ADD THE RICH TEXAN
  • madmofo145
    11 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and disagree with the Santa's Little Helper concept. While I would be fine with him as described, I think EA has to worry about sheer overpopulation at some point, or at least the lack of distinction between characters, so I'd like to see the pets done differently.

I think it might be nice to go somewhere in-between a full on character and one of the Halloween characters. I'd like to see some higher then average paying jobs appear on different characters involving pets. For instance Bart might get a play fetch with Santa's Little Helper, Homer might get to race him at the track, Wiggum might get to search for drugs with him, etc. That way they aren't just another thing to assign jobs too, but they also do more then just wandering the town.

Bart and Kang already have a combined quest, so I'd like to see some updates follow this route. Just as a second example, Eddie and Lou could be added less as standalone characters, but as an upgrade for Wiggum.
  • SirEdgarA
    183 posts
    edited November 2012
    esenpi wrote:
    Jasper Beardly : premium
    Helen lovejoy : Lovejoy's house
    Judge Roy Snyder  : Court
    Nick riviera : clinic
    Dr hibbert : springfield's hospital
    Crazy cat lady  : her house
    Barney gumble : barney appartment
    Wayland Smithers : burns manor
    Herman : military antique shop
    Sideshow Mel : krusty studio
    Agnes Skinner : Skinner's house
    Arnie Pye: channel 6 chopper 
    Lionel hutz : Lawyer office
    Lenny : premium
    Carl : bowl o rama
    Eddie Burns : premium
    Lou : cops car
    Disco stu : Stus disco
    Gary Chalmers : premium
    Kirk Van Houten : A.A.'s
    Patty : D.M.V.
    Selma : Appartment
    Captain Mccalister : fryin dutchman
    Brandine : premium
    Akira: happy sumo restaurant
    Ralph Wiggum : wiggums house
    Gros tony : gentlemen club
    Troy mcclure : springfield mall
    Rodd et todd : leftorium
    Wolfcastle : his hummer
    Jimbo Jones : arcade 

Ok they aint xmas but still ;)

You're in way over for content.
  • lyvreus
    6 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'd like to see changes in scenary, let some white stuff fly around (no, not dandruff!) and give everyone some winter gear. Maybe Flanders in his latex ski suit!
  • Audiobrain
    250 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Christmas decorations.
    Santa Homer
    mr. Plow and Snow King
    Barney so he can get drunk on eggnog.

Snake could steal christmas presents or Mr. Burns
    Mr. Burns could act like scrooge
    Smithers could help Burns dance in the Nutcracker
    Attend Christmas concert at the school
    Gotta have Flanders search for the baby Jeebus

Toys can be added like the balloons. (train set, etc.)
    Street decorations with night scene so the lights can come on.
    Kids can get into a snowball fight.
    Moe can buy a *. Bernard to send out during winter

I'll come up with more later.

Audiobrain - have everything - working on land acquisition. Takes me ten minutes to complete rounds of my town. No barracks look to it. I hope they can expamd the land eventually. We may run out.
  • Chibihalo
    376 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'd love to see EA give those of us with the dog track some quests for Christmas that sort of mirror the special that started it all. Make Homer have to dress up as Santa to earn money for Chrismas gifts because he lost his bonus and Marge had to spend her Christmas mad money on removing Bart's Tattoo. Then make Homer and Bart go to the dog track together and at the end of so many hours they unlock Santa's Little Helper. You'd have to have the track for that quest line to unlock.

For everyone else they could have a whole bunch of Christmas related tasks:

- Make the family go get their Christmas picture taken
    - Make Ned and Tim (Lovejoy) attend the church Christmas pageant
    - Have Lisa and Martin perform in the school Christmas concert with Skinner and Krabbaple in attendance
    - Make Bart, Milhouse, Martin, Nelson, and Kearny participate in a snowball fight
    - Have Homer dress up as Santa
    - Make Ned stand on the corner collecting charity donations
    - Have Homer shop for cheap Christmas gifts (AKA the pantyhose for Marge's sisters)

If they forgo the whole quest line to get Santa's Little Helper they can make him a character to buy with candy canes so everyone can get him. They can have Homer and Bart work to get him with quests like dressing up as Santa and some others.
  • SlinkyBeads
    442 posts
    edited November 2012
    lyvreus wrote:
    I'd like to see changes in scenary, let some white stuff fly around (no, not dandruff!) and give everyone some winter gear. Maybe Flanders in his latex ski suit!

Haha that would be brilliant :mrgreen:

"Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all.... Nothing at all.... Nothing at all"

"Stupid Sexy Flanders" :lol:
  • Jameh20
    200 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm hoping for Santa's little helper & The Mall.

These are from an episode (don't know which one) that I will remember forever :3
  • persico217
    8 posts
    edited November 2012
    Like previously mentioned by others, I'd like to see some snow and have a Mr. Plow costume for Homer with the introduction of Barney as the Plow King.
  • nitrozrh
    60 posts
    edited November 2012
    Since most of the halloween building are from the season 1 or 2 or other seasons can't remember which one the Christmas update might have buildings from season 1 or 2 things I doubt there will add a tonne of things since there are other Christmases
  • bd2751
    18 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'd love to see them do updates based on last years Xmas episode where it jumped 30 years to the future. But maybe another Xmas. Gotta have some of the classic stuff first.
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited November 2012
    -fix the constant crashing
    -fix the lag when taping an item to move it
    - Donuts sales
    - fix every single bugs so this game finally turns bug-free
  • drakey182
    3 posts
    edited November 2012
    I want to snowball houses and kick down snowmen.
    A mister plow and plow king quest run would be nice have homer save barney at the end to unlock him.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!